News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

lead

Started by Gramma Goats, January 04, 2011, 11:07:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gramma Goats

Somewhere on the forum there was a thread on the EPA and lead on shooting ranges.  I need some info guys.
Anyone know the LEGALS on this.   What do we need to do to stay under the radar of the EPA and be compliant?

I need this info ASAP so we have time to respond/react/act/de-act before the next scheduled weekend shoot in Humansville.

GG
"We can evade reality, but we cannot evade the consequences of evading reality." --philosopher and writer Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

hawkhavn

GG,

Try this, straight from the EPA website:
http://www.epa.gov/region2/waste/leadshot/

Also, I believe there is some info at www.nssf.org, but could not find it real quick.

HH
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

mtmisfit

Quote from: Gramma Goats on January 04, 2011, 11:07:34 PM
Somewhere on the forum there was a thread on the EPA and lead on shooting ranges.  I need some info guys.
Anyone know the LEGALS on this.   What do we need to do to stay under the radar of the EPA and be compliant?

I need this info ASAP so we have time to respond/react/act/de-act before the next scheduled weekend shoot in Humansville.

GG

never abandon the range and have a written lead recovery/mitigation plan.
"Count it the greatest sin to prefer life to honor, and for the sake of living to lose what makes life worth having."

"Lo Que Sea, Cuando Sea, Donde Sea"

".. You MUST learn from the mistakes of others. You can't possibly live long enough to make them all yourself..."

"central planning cannot work because it is trying to substitute an individual all-knowing intelligence for a distributed and fragmented system of localized but connected knowledge."

"Process and Procedure are the last hiding place of people without the wit and wisdom to do their job properly."