News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

"3 lights of the match" story teller needed for event.

Started by kevin, January 04, 2011, 09:05:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevin

Hello Appleseeders!
There is a firearms event coming up in the central Texas area and there is a need for someone well versed in the Appleseed story to come to the event and share the story and also share more info about Appleseed and hopefully get more interested people to come to an Appleseed event!

Please contact me at kvnkcrs@yahoo.com if you are interested in helping out!

Thanks
Kevin
Romans 10:9
   That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

spitstickler

Kevin, can you share some more info on when and where?
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."  -Thomas Edison

didactic

Gimme the "where and when."  I might be able to support this ... 'cuz I truly do love to tell the story.
"If not us, who?  If not now, when?"  Ronald W. Reagan

starfox

DoubleLL and myself have done a "suspenseful" telling of the Three Strikes at a couple events which leaves out some of the important details from the Strikes, but also gives opportunity to tell more of the side/back stories in the Strikes.  Our thinking was we don't want to just give away the Strikes for "free" without someone coming to an Appleseed.

So we tell the backstory, talk in more depth about Paul Revere, mention the major milestones in general terms, and leave the Green as a cliffhanger.  Tell how the Training Band assembled, and the column comes into view aaaannd...."Come to an Appleseed to find out what happens." 

We like to tell the backstory of Sam Adams and John Hancock and the Trout.  And get into more of the first Powder Raids and how the colonists built up the maze of communication signals they did.  We like to leave the major points of the story out so that people have a reason to come to an Appleseed to hear what happens.

Just an idea.
"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women,
when it dies there, no constitution, no law,
no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand

"Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon . . ." - Rorschach, The Watchmen.

Davilla 3-10

Scout

Kevin, thanks for the interest and the opportunity, We do love to tell our story and "The Story" but we will have to discuss our current schedule and commitments before we can consider sending anyone your way. Give us a few days and we can let you know. Thanks!  :)

Scout
BattleRoadUSA.com

"Who wants Ice Cream?" Fred

Sixty seconds is way too long for a minute, I am cutting it down to thirty seven seconds- SoM

"You can shout it, you can preach it, but no matter how many times you repeat it, NEVER believe your own bullSh*t." (as told to me by Grin Reaper)