News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Advanced IBC in WI with Fred!!

Started by Trisha, January 04, 2011, 11:04:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trisha

Hello all, we have a special opportunity here...on Feb 4-5-6 in Baraboo, WI we will be having an Advanced IBC for anyone who is IIT3 and up for any current instructors (anyone under IIT3 can come). What is an AIBC, you ask? Read below Fred's special message to find out. The AIBC will take place at Old Glory's and Colycat's residence, starting at 6 pm on Feb 4 and go to 6pm on Feb 6. When I can find the actual EIP for it, I will post it.

QuoteA Special Message from Fred:

This is going out primarily to SCs and RCs.

I am planning to hold a series of six "Advanced IBCs" over the course of the next 12 months.

They will be called "An Advanced Instructor Boot Camp with Fred", and will be restricted to IIT3 and above.

Equivalent to a post-graduate training seminar, these IBCs will cover all the issues, instructor-wise, history-telling-wise, and admin-wise which have arisen in the past year or so in the program.

They are designed to bring active program instructors "up to snuff" and ensure they are on the cutting-edge of the program, in terms of training.

There will be little or no duplication with the regular IBCs hosted around the country, in terms of the material covered - although some similar subject areas will be covered, except at a post-grad level.

The "Advanced IBC with Fred" can be co-scheduled with a regular IBC, since the two sets of students will be entirely different. Or they can be independently scheduled.

There will be no charge associated with "Fred" IBCs.

I am sending this because I cannot get to each of the states which are currently in the AS program, not with only six of these in the next 12 months. (I may be able to add a few more if there's enough demand.) I hope some of you SCs will seize an opportunity to get some cutting-edge education and training for your instructor corps and set up a date in your state for doing one. Right now, you can pick any month, but since I only can do one a month, as a month gets picked, it gets scratched from the sched for everyone else. I'll figure a way to let you keep posted on which months get taken.

All I ask of you is that, if you schedule one of these, you make an effort to get the word out to your IC and neighboring states so we can get as many as possible there.

I will do my best to leave your ITs more educated about the program, more effective as "tellers of the history", and more motivated as Appleseeders. Whew! Sounds like a lot of work!

If you can fit one of these in your state's schedule, PM me with the date ASAP.

Thanks.

I hope you have been encouraged by recent developments in the program. I know I have been. We need to always keep pushing, to keep things moving, and the program growing - so think Winterseed - and April 19th is right around the corner. The time to start setting up 4/19 dates is right now.

Sincerely,

Fred the Helpful

Trisha

Here's the EIP

Capacity:30
TimeZone:  Central
Centerfire:  NO! 
Advanced Instructor Boot Camp

Range: Private Residence

Address: E11423 Mine Road, Baraboo, WI 53913

When:  Feb 4-5-6, 2011 with the snow dates Feb, 18-19-20, 2011
                      (Friday evening 6:00 p.m.-Sunday evening 6:00 p.m.)

Camping available:  For those hardy souls outdoor winter camping is available if you want to.  Otherwise, there is plenty of room to "camp" inside the shop, complete with wood stove and drinking water, electricity and portajohn.   Bring a cot, sleeping bag and pillow.   

Hotels:  All are invited to stay at the house/shop; either camping outside or bunking inside.  There is an inexpensive, clean and warm, mom and pop hotel 1/2 mile away.  Willowood Inn, Hwy 123, 608 356-5474  It does fill up on the weekend with skiers, so make a reservation early.

Directions:  Highway 123 runs between Baraboo and Devil's Lake.  Head south on highway 123 out of Baraboo.  Turn right on Mine Road.  1/2 mile on the left. 

GPS:  NA

Misc: This is a Pot Luck weekend so bring Dish(s) or item(s) that will be good to share. 

Bring a lawn chair to sit on, and a notebook and writing instruments.    The classes will take place indoors. 

For More Information Contact: Private Message to  "Colycat" on the Appleseed Forum, phone 608-356-6476 or e-mail lbries@centurytel.net

Registration Link: 

SavageShootr

"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

Trisha

Anyone under IIT3 can come as well!!!

dragonfly

Quote from thursday;

I almost didn't go to the AIBC this weekend.  Because of some of the recent events I had developed some serious misgivings and doubts about the program.  I wondered if we were all really working to build Fred's little kingdom, or if we had allowed the forces of political correctness to redefine the Appleseed mission.  In the end I decided to go and sit quietly (those of you who know me know that sitting quietly is not my strong point). It didn't take long before I was venting my concerns and frustrations to Fred.  A lively discussion ensued. 
The upshot of our conversation?  Fred was able to convince me that Appleseed is still on track and he is not the jerk I thought him to be.  The very fact that he was willing to listen to me, a nobody in this program, complain loudly, pointedly and at length speaks volumes.
  I urge you all to make to to an AIBC if you at all can, especially if you are concerned, discouraged or demoralized.  The only way to get answers is to ask the questions.

One more thing.
  Up until this weekend the saving America thing hadn't really sunk in.  I wanted individuals to come to Appleseed because I believed in the good it could do for an individual, but I hadn't really contemplated the good it could do for my country.
  Get nine million Americans out to the range for the weekend, teach them marksmanship and history, especially history... freedom is preserved once more....
  It's so crazy it could actually work.

Something to think about, hope to see you there
dragonfly    Keeping the Faith
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

dragonfly

Hello All, what a great weekend. It was good to see folks from MN, IA, IL and WI 28 attendee's in total 29 with Fred (NC). Yes that is a record. WI has the largest AIBC on record, so far   . If you can find a way to get to one of these AIBC's DO NOT MISS THIS OPPORTUNITY.  This was not a Fred pep rally. This was serious business, and the word of the weekend was URGENCY. The sky is not falling at Appleseed, but the ship is still sinking at a rapid rate, and 2011 will be the most important year, to date. Find out why, and what you must do to help.
Find out what it takes to have the perfect Appleseed. The mission, the message, the heritage, and the marksmanship. Find out why we must check our ego's at the door.
All question's are welcome. Fred will challenge you to make him angry with a question   . Do not be afraid, he will not bite. Fred will challenge you to think   , and you will learn Appleseed is not about Fred.

Thank's to everyone who came to the Baraboo WI AIBC   

Pictures, and more to come,
See you on the trail,
D-fly   Keeping the Faith
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

Cooper

If you are within a day's drive of an AIBC, YOU MUST ATTEND ONE OF THESE !!

Forget all the forum drama, intrigue, rumors and guessing; learn all things Appleseed from Fred, face-to-face.

Experience in person:

Courtesy with Honesty
Politeness with uncompromising bluntness
Respect flowing both ways

The way people used to communicate before the Age of the Internet.

Having spent 3 days eyeball-to-eyeball with Fred (everyone knows how meek and silent I am  **)  >:D  **)  ), the only reasonable response I can have to the experience is to redouble my efforts for the success of Project Appleseed and pony-up for a Lifetime Appleseed membership.

Appleseed truly is what it is!

Even if you believe me, YOU NEED TO ATTEND AN AIBC AND EXPERIENCE IT YOURSELF!

Cooper

Photos on WI board
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim