News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Advanced IBC with Fred!!

Started by Trisha, January 04, 2011, 11:03:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cooper

If you are within a day's drive of an AIBC, YOU MUST ATTEND ONE OF THESE !!

Forget all the forum drama, intrigue, rumors and guessing; learn all things Appleseed from Fred, face-to-face.

Experience in person:

Courtesy with Honesty
Politeness with uncompromising bluntness
Respect flowing both ways

The way people used to communicate before the Age of the Internet.

Having spent 3 days eyeball-to-eyeball with Fred (everyone knows how meek and silent I am   **)  >:D **) ), the only reasonable response I can have to the experience is to redouble my efforts for the success of Project Appleseed and pony-up for a Lifetime Appleseed membership.

Appleseed truly is what it is!

Even if you believe me, YOU NEED TO ATTEND AN AIBC AND EXPERIENCE IT YOURSELF!

Cooper
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim

SPQR

Told ya so!!!  Glad you guys had a good time in beautiful baraboo O0
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

Taylor

Attending this AIBC was a fantastic experience. To echo the wisdom of Cooper: Attend one of these if at all possible, bring your teachable attitude and learn.
Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

"Let Freedom never perish in your hands."
-Joseph Addison

sparks1

If one wants to know what this program is about...an AIBC with Fred is a must.

Not only will you find what AS is about.....bring a teachable attitude and you will find what YOU are about.  O0

Many thanks Fred for an honest evaluation of AS.

Integrity is easier to keep, than to regain.

The Truth is that teamwork is at the heart of great accomplishment. 
(John Maxwell)

AFTERMATH

AIBC:  Find one, attend two!

It'll be worth it!  You'll see!  Don't hesitate!
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

colycat

I have a confession to make.

I really dread these events.  Maybe its the pressure of finding a home for all the attendees or feeding them or something. I don't know.  You would think some history with this would alleviate my dread. But it seems to not.

But, This past weekend was really great for me and a little sad at the same time.  The sad is that Fred will not be able to do this in our area for maybe another 2 years.  Makes me think how important it was for all the instructors to be here.

The Great deserves another paragraph. 

Why do I worry about putting up for the weekend a bunch of men and women who know very much what they are about.  ++) After all they are all riflemen.

For me, To get thanks from instructors who had to sleep on the floor, is priceless.  To get thanks from instructors who brought more food than we could eat, is priceless. To spend 2 and 1/2 days with people who never stopped smiling and laughing, is priceless.

In Appleseed, I know and love the best people that God has ever made.  And I am thankful for that.

BTW,  we did laugh a lot.  Just like at an Appleseed.

Thank you to all who came, thank you to Fred, who makes it all possible,  thank you to the founders for giving us the greatest country mankind has ever known.

Lets keep it.........
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

Old Glory!

Coly, I guess building a bigger house by Friday WAS a bit much to ask.   **)

BIG thanks to D-fly for stepping up and providing us with a larger facility.  It only makes sense that when in Baraboo we meet at Circus City Sportsman's Club; the home of the clownbat.   &) :)

The GOOD NEWS is, we have a good number of committed Instructors.  2011 is going to be critical and I am confident we have a crew that will work their hardest to become the most effective team we can be and will advance the mission of Appleseed.   I have a better understanding of the pitfalls and distractions that may impede progress to reaching the well defined Appleseed goals.

One of my favorite quotes from the weekend: 
Self improvement; the unintended consequence.

Attending an AIBC has many rewards.    If you look closely at the pictures, you will see evidence of graduation.  Someone in Idaho already noticed it...... :cool2:

Now, to followup on some important notes.
"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

SPQR

Don't feel bad about regretting it.  That base sense of foreboding is a realistic sensation of your mind's understanding of the daunting task at hand.  Your mind knows that Riflemen can be a handful at times.  Heck, Riflemen drove Washington bonkers every minute they were around except for the minutes they were being Riflemen.  Then he wouldn't leave home without them.  :---

I am incredibly pleased the Wisconsin crew had such a good time in beautiful Baraboo.  It bodes well for AIBCs in other localities and our forthcoming Indiana AIBC in June.
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

fepowered

It was great to finally meet Fred and get a little first hand insight to his vision of the past, present and future of Appleseed.   It was nice to  be able to put faces with names and meet so many people in a single location.  ALOT of information was covered and it felt like we had just scratched the surface.  I can tell you that I was personally impressed with Fred as a leader with a vision.  
Every instructor should be taking the opportunity presented by these AIBCs to meet and talk to the man in person.   This is a unique opportunity to hear things straight from Fred and for you to ask those questions you have been dying to ask.  
Any instructor in the area who missed this event should be looking at traveling to the next nearest one as I can personally guarantee that it WILL be worth your time and effort.   All who consider themselves an instructor or instructor in training  nation wide should be making plans to attend one of these events. Those whos favorite past times include complaining on the AS board no longer have an excuse to complain that Fred does not respond to you personally.  Here is your opportunity to voice your grievances face to face if you have the fortitude to do so.  The man is traveling across the country to personally give you an opportunity to hear in very clear terms what he is expecting from you and what you can expect from him.   I believe that Fred can be taken at his word and he definitely expects us to have the same integrity.  
This event was motivational.  Not in the sense of a pep rally with a cheerleader, but in the realization that we have strong leadership from the front, a solid plan and dedicated people to carry it out.  
There is a quote which applies to Appleseed...
QuoteIt is the nature of man to rise to greatness if greatness is expected of him
Fred makes no appologies for expecting greatness out of all of us.  As Men and Women who know very well what we are about, it should not be difficult to achieve this simple goal.

"Today, we need a nation of Riflemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are
willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

Mr.Natural

Greetings All,  The AIBC with Fred was great.  My feet never touched the ground after leaving on Sunday.  As a matter a fact my feet are still not on the ground, makes walking in deep snow much easier.  Thanks are in order to all the great folks for putting on the AIBC.   Y.M.H.O.S.  Mr. Natural

Trisha

What a great weekend! I felt it was a total success, but I do wish more people could have been there to hear and talk to Fred since it is so important!!

Pictures coming soon...

Trisha

Finally uploaded the pictures!! Here you are, enjoy! 

As you will see below, two of the four senior instructors at the event were temporarily "demoted" to an Orange Hat again... ;D ;)

dragonfly

www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.