News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Waukesha Gun Show Jan 14-16

Started by Old Glory!, January 03, 2011, 10:45:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Glory!

We've got a table at the Bob and Rocco Gun Show in Waukesha, January 14-16.  

Had to pay $40 for it.
Guess that is the price of signing up at the last minute when all the 501c3 free tables have been spoken for. !@#)

Ah well, it will all be worth it.  

So who can help work the show and further Appleseed in WI?   We could break it down into manageable bits.  Feel free to volunteer for 2 or 3 segments if you can.  I'll spend the weekend in Waukesha if I have to, but it would be nice to spread the joy around. &)  

January 14
Friday:  SET UP sometime between 8:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.   Whoever does this gets to set up and then cruise the show FREE - before the crowds!   ^-^
Friday:  Work the table (3:00-8:00 p.m.)      DEACON AND JRTURBO

January 15
Saturday:  9-12 work the table  KILOGULF AND OLD GLORY
12-5 work the table  KILOGULF AND OLD GLORY

January 16
Sunday:  9-12 work the table  INFIDEL
12-3 work the table  INFIDEL              
pack up

Any amount of time that you can contribute will be appreciated.  Even just a couple of hours.  Remember, if you work the table, you attend free.  

Respond on this thread if you will be able to help.  Let's get promoting WI!  There are so many Wisconsinites who have not been to an Appleseed yet.
"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

Old Glory!

"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

dragonfly

Its a great chance to 7th step  O0
We need to get this table manned for the whole gun show  :sos: Gun show promoter's don't like empty table's, so here is your chance to help Appleseed in a big way. Just a couple hours out of your weekend would really help  :sos:

D-fly  Keeping the Faith
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

Old Glory!

I have not sent in the registration fee yet.  I cannot set up on Friday as I have to work, so if no one else is interested in setting up, I'll cancel the table.

Old Glory!

The DEACONATOR stepped up  O0

He's got the banner and poles/flags and is going to set up on Friday, and work the show Fri night.

Kilo-Gulf and I can do Saturday a.m.   

If anyone else would like to do a half day on Saturday, p.m., chime in here.

Infidel will work some hours on Sunday.  (morning and/or afternoon?? let us know Infidel)

colycat

BTW, Deacon could use some help on Friday night.  This is one of the busiest parts of a gun show.  Working a few hrs at a gun show is a good deal as you not only get to spend time with your fellow instructors, but also get in free.
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

Old Glory!

Deacon

Sounds good Old Glory!
JRTurbo will be there with me Friday.

Deacon

Old Glory!

Thanks for stepping up DEACON, TURBO, INFIDEL, KILOGULF.  We could still use some more help at Waukesha this weekend January 14-16.  Sat and Sun.  Remember, you get in free and will get some time to cruise the show and visit all the booths.

Here is the schedule so far....

Quote from: Old Glory! on January 03, 2011, 10:45:05 PM
We've got a table at the Bob and Rocco Gun Show in Waukesha, January 14-16.  

January 14
Friday:  SET UP sometime between 8:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.   Whoever does this gets to set up and then cruise the show FREE - before the crowds!   ^-^
Friday:  Work the table (3:00-8:00 p.m.)      DEACON AND JRTURBO

January 15
Saturday:  9-12 work the table  KILOGULF AND OLD GLORY
12-5 work the table  KILOGULF AND OLD GLORY

January 16
Sunday:  9-12 work the table  INFIDEL
12-3 work the table  INFIDEL              
pack up

Any amount of time that you can contribute will be appreciated.  Even just a couple of hours.  Remember, if you work the table, you attend free.  

Old Glory!

Here is the flyer for the Waukesha show.  Please note the times.

colycat

We still need another person for Sunday.
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

colycat

Its not fair to Infidel, him being kinda new around here, to have him work all day on Sunday by himself.

D-Fly and myself are teaching at the IBC, so we can't help out $$-0

Old Glory!

Deacon said the show was busy Friday evening.   O0 

Good show today (Sat).  Lots of people.   I'd guesstimate 80% of them had never heard of Appleseed.  Now they know more.  JoeZ and the boys stopped by today, so I had a chance to walk around a bit while he worked the table.   

Infidel is on for Sunday and will pack up. 

Now, we need to get our WI Appleseeds listed.  I promised them all within 2-3 weeks there will be lots of dates and locations to choose from. 

Muskyjerk

Quote from: colycat on January 14, 2011, 02:33:39 PM
Its not fair to Infidel, him being kinda new around here, to have him work all day on Sunday by himself.

D-Fly and myself are teaching at the IBC, so we can't help out $$-0

Hey that was fun  :) first gun show I didnt have to pay to get in.

someone is thanking Bob for letting us be at his show???? It's great to have him behind us.