News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Connecticut Appleseed Google Calendar

Started by The Log, January 02, 2011, 02:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Log

Not sure if this has been tried before, or if it will be useful, but I've created a public Google calendar for CT Appleseed Events. The ID for the calendar is 2opq66k9tk3eg2jic7mbens8ck@group.calendar.google.com, and the URL for accessing it is http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=2opq66k9tk3eg2jic7mbens8ck%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America/New_York. If someone that uses Google Calendar could give that a try and let me know if the events are visible, I'd appreciate it.

If it looks good, and appears to be useful from a promotions standpoint, I'll take on the task of keeping the calendar updated. Let me know what you think.
"The future belongs to those that show up." - hawkhavn

Who_Me?

"Heritage is history you care about" - Fred

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein

fprintf

Looks good. I don't know if you can "embed" a Google calendar in other applications, but it might be useful to research whether this can be embedded somehow in the CT Appleseed facebook group. Certainly it'd be great to create a sticky at the top of this forum also.

I also like playing around with the different views available. I like this linear one (called "agenda") as it lays out all the upcoming events over the next few months, not just January.  https://www.google.com/calendar/b/0/embed?src=2opq66k9tk3eg2jic7mbens8ck@group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America/New_York&gsessionid=OK

BTW, I just played around with it and love the feature of "copy to my calendar". As a Gmail/calendar user, this will be very useful... just got the Fred AIBC's copied on over just now. :-)

Thanks Dan, looks great.
I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and dog-gone it people like me!  ~Stuart Smalley