News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Bedford Contingent

Started by SPQR, January 02, 2011, 12:10:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SPQR

If you ain't comin to these Bedford shoots you're nuts.  I tell you what, you're just nuts.  If you don't know chilidog or Bomber or Loctite you're nuts.  You're just nuts.   ++)

(The clays don't get very far past Riflemen!  ;))

If the Appleseed is trying to get people to re-establish their connection with marksmanship and civic responsibility, and find in themselves the motivation for self-discovery, then these guys ARE Appleseed.  It is like they stamp their feet and shooters spring up from the very earth.  At their private range day today, on New Year's Day, they probably had 25 or 30 shooters.  Half or better were Riflemen.  The other half got flogged to near insanity by incessant 7th Stepping.  Who were the safest shooters?  Who were the best shooters?  I shouldn't have to tell you.   O0

Look.  I don't know how else to cut it.  These guys are Patriots, Real Patriots.  They are leaders, fine men others follow due to the magnitude of their character and spirit not the depth of their base influences.  They deserve every ounce of our support and efforts.  If you aren't developing a relationship with the Bedford Contingent you're nuts.

So sayeth SenatusPopulusQueRomanum
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

Chilidog

I am so glad everyone came! I had a blast too! This is the reason we have these shoots to see guys bring their kids and have fun together like Donny, his daughter Danielle and his boy D.J. or Sam and Alan Fritch or Phil and Caleb Thorne or Troy and Bryce Williams. Here is an event that all these people can come to and have a great time at for the cost of a 100 rounds of ammo! Thanks to Everybody who helped clean up and Thank you Appleseed for making our range safer and populated with more real marksmen. Hope to see you all at the February winterseed Shoot!
Chilidog
Shannon Childers
No better investment can you make than in your fellow American. For it will pay off in future generations of Americans to come.

"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must undergo the fatigue of supporting it" - Thomas Paine

Loctite

Shooting is like golfing; you don't get better by staying home! I got an opportunity to make some new friends yesterday. Thanks Shanon for continuing to have these events.

God Bless

Loctite
(if a little is good, don't it make sense that a lot would be great.........not always)

TBE

SPQR is dead on.

The folks down at the bomb range are good people.  If you have not got down there to shoot yet, get there. 

If nothing else, make a point to stop by the table on saturday at the upcoming 1500 and  at least meet these guys.

Chilidog and company are really going above and beyond for their people.    This is the America I want to pass down to my progeny. 

Let us therefore animate and encourage each other, and shew the whole world, that a Freeman contending for Liberty on his own ground is superior to any slavish mercenary on earth.  General Washington, July 2, 1776

stschil

Gawd, that looks like fun!!! :---

"Those Who Ignore History Are Damned To Repeat It"   Unknown Author

SPQR

I didn't add any group shots or anything.  You should see chilidog standing up on the back of a trailer pitching Appleseed to 30 guys or so on a balls cold New Year's afternoon in biting wind with a smile on his face the size of a watermelon.  It is a vision in Patriotism.  The legacy of Isaac Davis is both secure and flourishing.  Let me PM chilidog and see if it is okay to post a couple more pictures.  There are only a handful of spots left for the Feb Winterseed and I want to wet the appetite for the kind of fun people can have at the bomb range.
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

techres

I cannot wait to meet you all!
Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

yellowhousejake

I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

SPQR

Ol Jake's right on.  The word is on the street.  Now it is time to BELIEVE!  :cool2:

Our fearless leader explains the COF

Here we are at the bomb range (With more folks behind the Jeep snuggling up to the burn barrel)

There, I found em.

Chilidog hard at work.

Any day you spend on the line standing next to your brother feeding hot lead into the last gift your father ever gave you is...well, it depends on whether or not TBE showered.

It ain't a Bedford shoot without Oreo makin noise.  Being a Rifleman is like being a Jedi, size matters not.

Ol Patrick knows how to run his shootin irons.

Some people showed up dressed like bums and some people understood that sporting clays is a gentleman's sport and dressed accordingly.  I'm just sayin'.

Is Gene having any fun?

Bomber, TBE, and about the best looking Riflebroad I ever did see.  ^-^

Our gracious host and his very fine fouling piece.  Half the weight, half the recoil and twice the balance.  Its a dandy.

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

POC

When is this February thing happenin'?

I'm not sure who sends me the Text messages, but I have to know w little more in advance, I can get weekends off with a little work, but I gotta have a little bit of time.   ~~:)

:)
Just teasing....

Thanks,
Patrick
To all Riflemen on the planet; we are here; we are waiting.