News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

A Parting Shot For 2010...

Started by The Machine, January 01, 2011, 01:06:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Machine

I don't know where the time went--perhaps someone can fill me in later--but 2010 is almost history as I write this, and there's so many positive things which happened in WV this year, surely I'll miss something.

A little 2010 WV AS history (abridged, macro version  :) ):

- We had a 300% increase in locations to host events this year!

- We had a 500% increase in Red Hats this year; including our FIRST woman RI--brickhouse!

- Our turnout of new Riflemen remains above 10% consistently, overall!

- Our new WV AS Blog was launched this year!

- One of our new locations (PCGC) hosted our FIRST organization-specific AS this year--WV Home School Association!

- Our WV IC has evolved to the stage where some of our WV RIs helped locations in the surrounding region start hosting ASs! We were on the "receiving end" of the help spectrum in 2009; it's nice to be "paying it forward" this year.

On a micro level, there is no way I can cover everything here. I'll just say that the addition of PCGC and MacMcM has been a major boost for WV in so many ways.  :bow: Wvmmfalcon brought us the new DAR up in New Martinsville.  O0 Siglite continues to be a major workhorse, pulling a lot of strings and opening new doors, from his end.  :--- Chrome gave us a new WV AS logo to work with; became our WV "Supply Sargent"; always seems to be available when called upon.  @@) Mountaineer brought us the cool WV AS Blog which I mentioned above.  8) Spanner...well...he just continues to be Spanner!  :cool2: Vanrichten provided much needed shuttle service to different venues throughout the year; he's a steadfast behind-the-scenes "operator".  :~  Brickhouse donned the Red Hat and suddenly became energized about a WV Ladyseed in 2011!  ^-^  We have a new bunch of very promising Orange Hats who jumped aboard last minute in 2010; we'll be putting them to the test in 2011.  ~~:)  :D Times running out...it's almost here...sorry if I missed anyone...HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!  ^:)^  ..:..  O0

Thanks to each one of you for making 2010 another successful year. You all know who you are. Without the contributions of all, none of this would be possible. For you newbies; read the WV forum and get to know some of these folks, along with a flavor for what we're doing in the Mountain State. May you all have a healthy and prosperous 2011!  :)
"I proudly support limited government and unlimited common sense"

"One of the great advantages of the American Revolution has been, that it led to a discovery of the principles, and laid open the imposition, of governments." - Thomas Paine 1792

"It does not take many words to speak the truth"

siglite

Yeah, you missed something.  You missed The Machine's hospitality and energy in helping to drive this program forward in this state.  You missed a big one.

Next year's looking pretty good.  New red hats.  New venues.  Lots to come, I think.
--

Keith Morgan
President, West Virginia Citizen's Defense League
http://www.wvcdl.org
http://forums.wvcdl.org
Proud member of West Virginia's first "All Rifleman" family.

Spanner

I'd like to acknowledge the help we received from the VA Instructors, both in 2009 to get us up and running, and in 2010 to help put some icing on the cake.  VAshooter crossed the mountains at least four times!  Thanks, VA!   O0

" Decision-making is the supreme manifestation of human dignity. "  -Jouvenel

SamD

VAshooter is definitely a first class act.
You were blessed.

We have all benefited from those volunteers from across the border, the program couldn't succeed without 'em.
Our first shoots were run by Atticus,PHenry and Ashrn03 and they gave us the best kind of start.
We all need to pay that forward for new states and areas, something I am looking forward to in 2011