News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Clarification for Eleanor shoot in November

Started by JonL, October 26, 2010, 11:55:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JonL

I remember for the August shoot at Eleanor that it was a .22 only shoot.  But Ive been looking over the information on the November shoot and don't see anything about it.  So, just to confirm, I can use my .223 AR right?

Thanks,
Jon

MacMcM

Eleanor is a .22RF shoot for the most part. We will most probably be using centerfires on Sunday afternoon when we do the longer range portion (relate 25M to Known Distance) on the big range.

Liberty Range is for rimfire only.

MacMcM
" 'Cuz truly, at the end of the day - the piece of cloth means nothing.  It's who is standing beside you." West
"If I thought even for a second that it was impossible I would be doing other things." GopherBoy

JonL

Ah, ok, you might want to put that on the announcement flyer somewhere....people could show up expecting to shoot centerfire  ;)

MacMcM

JonL,

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=14395.0

"Bring out your 22s and gain valuable marksmanship skills without using up your expensive center fire ammo. There will be a 100/200/300 yd. range available if not in use, so be sure to bring your centerfire rifle and see that the 25 meter skills transfer to actual distance too."

Mac O0

" 'Cuz truly, at the end of the day - the piece of cloth means nothing.  It's who is standing beside you." West
"If I thought even for a second that it was impossible I would be doing other things." GopherBoy

JonL

Yeah, I read that, but since other shoots have said something like "This is a 22 rimfire shoot only" I didn't interpret that sentence to mean that you couldn't shoot anything you wanted at 25 meters, just like Appleseed shoots normally allow.  In other words, if I hadn't already suspected that it was likely a rimfire only event on Saturday, I would have just brought whatever I wanted thinking that is was fine...especially having shot on the line beside someone doing exactly that this past spring.

For example, the Stinson shoot description says "Bring out your 22s and gain valuable marksmanship skills without using up your expensive center fire ammo. There will be a 100 meter range available, so be sure to bring your centerfire rifle and see that the 25 meter skills transfer to actual distance too." and they do allow centerfires at 25 meters.

Definately not trying to cause a fuss here :D  Just saying that since the wording is almost exactly the same, there might be confusion.

MacMcM

LOL.. the same guy wrote both! Stinson has two ranges and PCGC has 3 actually. Eleanor shoots will be .22RF on the Liberty Range and move to Rifle range for full distance shooting if time allows. The deal in August was just because the shooter had a malfunction on his RF rifle. That won't happen on Liberty Range as it is RF only (and pistols anytime other than Appleseed). We will have a really cool event on Memorial Day weekend tho'.... Sat/Sun on Liberty range(Rimfire) and full distance AQT's on Monday 100/200/300/400yds(centerfire).

We will revisit the wording on the notifications and advertising. Thanks for your input, and see ya @Eleanor!!

Mac

The Machine

Quote from: MacMcM on October 26, 2010, 01:45:06 PM
LOL.. the same guy wrote both! Stinson has two ranges and PCGC has 3 actually. Eleanor shoots will be .22RF on the Liberty Range and move to Rifle range for full distance shooting if time allows. The deal in August was just because the shooter had a malfunction on his RF rifle. That won't happen on Liberty Range as it is RF only (and pistols anytime other than Appleseed). We will have a really cool event on Memorial Day weekend tho'.... Sat/Sun on Liberty range(Rimfire) and full distance AQT's on Monday 100/200/300/400yds(centerfire).

We will revisit the wording on the notifications and advertising. Thanks for your input, and see ya @Eleanor!!

Mac
See, I actually learn stuff from reading these inquiring posts. Thanks JonL for asking about this. I always thought CF was OK for 25m at Eleanor; now I will have to update the EIP to clarify the issue.  ++)

To put this in perspective for anyone else reading this, here's the range stats for WV right now:

Location              25 Meters                     Known Distance (KD)

Beckley -                RF & CF                  100/200/300/400/500yds. CF

Eleanor -               .22RF ONLY!             100/200/300/400yds. CF (when available)

New Martinsville -    RF & CF                  None at this time

Stinson -                 RF & CF                  100 meters  CF
"I proudly support limited government and unlimited common sense"

"One of the great advantages of the American Revolution has been, that it led to a discovery of the principles, and laid open the imposition, of governments." - Thomas Paine 1792

"It does not take many words to speak the truth"

JonL

My Apologies,

After all the effort, buying two new rifles for my wife and son, several bricks of ammo, cold weather gear, etc....I have the flu (or something) and couldn't attend as planned.

We'll see what we can do about another location later in the year, or early next.   Hope everyone is having fun and many riflemen are being made.

Jon and Family

The Machine

Quote from: JonL on November 07, 2010, 09:17:54 AM
My Apologies,

After all the effort, buying two new rifles for my wife and son, several bricks of ammo, cold weather gear, etc....I have the flu (or something) and couldn't attend as planned.

We'll see what we can do about another location later in the year, or early next.   Hope everyone is having fun and many riflemen are being made.

Jon and Family
Totally understandable Jon; thanks for notifying us about it. Get well and come to one of our events when you feel better. At least you are in fine shape with shooting gear. We will be operating year-round in WV, so finding another Appleseed to attend shouldn't be that difficult. Best wishes to you and your family.  :)
"I proudly support limited government and unlimited common sense"

"One of the great advantages of the American Revolution has been, that it led to a discovery of the principles, and laid open the imposition, of governments." - Thomas Paine 1792

"It does not take many words to speak the truth"

siglite

Quote from: The Machine on November 07, 2010, 02:56:43 PM
Quote from: JonL on November 07, 2010, 09:17:54 AM
My Apologies,

Jon and Family
Totally understandable Jon; thanks for notifying us about it. Get well and come to one of our events when you feel better. At least you are in fine shape with shooting gear. We will be operating year-round in WV, so finding another Appleseed to attend shouldn't be that difficult. Best wishes to you and your family.  :)

Life happens.  Though, you did miss out on one heck of an Appleseed.  Rumor has it though, that there are shoots scheduled for December and January.   ;)

Here's what you missed out on.  Shooting the inaugural shoot on the newly built range at PCGC:
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=18341.0

--

Keith Morgan
President, West Virginia Citizen's Defense League
http://www.wvcdl.org
http://forums.wvcdl.org
Proud member of West Virginia's first "All Rifleman" family.