News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Looking for quality used reloading kit.

Started by tittiger, December 30, 2010, 11:28:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tittiger

Ideally I would like to buy a complete set  of  reloading equipment  for rifle and handgun. 9mm dies would be nice along with 7.62x39, 308. 30.06 but not critical.
Would like to buy off someone I know or that you know and trust.  Will buy piece by piece if necessary.

Could also use some advice on what to look for and even where to post some  more wanted adds.

Thanks for your time.

Joe

BTW also in the market (as in really need) something inexpensive to shoot such as an SKS.
"It is the duty of every patriot to protect his country from its government."
~ Thomas Paine

sparks1

You may want to check a reloading store in your area for a package deal. This to include a press, scale, calipers (metal not plastic) assorted tools for deburring, trimming, etc. I started with a RCBS single stage set-up and am still using it 20 yrs. later.
Gun shows may be a source for dies, primers, bullets, cases, and assorted essentials. A must is a good reloading manual. Most have a section in the front that tells one how to go about reloading. Good source of information is your local gun club/range. Talk to other reloaders to get some sage advice and tips.
Definately do ALOT of reading. 6mmbr has a good forum for reloading , as do some other sites (Snipershide.com) You will be challenged by some of the forum information , as there is alot of technical jargon out there. hang in there and enjoy!
  Big plus ++++++ you can shoot for cheaper, so you can shoot more. ^:)^
Integrity is easier to keep, than to regain.

The Truth is that teamwork is at the heart of great accomplishment. 
(John Maxwell)

tittiger

Thanks Sparks and all that have PMed me.  I appreciate the time you all have taken to help us out. 
I am sure we are going to make the plunge here real soon as this is not going to cost us money it is going to save  us
money.

--Joe
"It is the duty of every patriot to protect his country from its government."
~ Thomas Paine