News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

IBC - Burlington Flats Jan 22-23

Started by kDan, December 28, 2010, 07:00:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kDan

Hello Everybody.  

So far we have only five IIT's signed up for this IBC.  We need to get more people to come out, not to make it worthwhile because it will be with five, but we need to increase the numbers to make sure that a significant number of people are taking advantage of the benefits of such an event.  

Sgtrock has managed to secure the clubhouse for us for yet another week-end up there and we need to recognize the sacrifices and generosity of the Burlington Flats F+G Club community.  

I write this in the hopes that Red Hats, Shoot Bosses or not, will recommend the event to IIT's they know.  As we all know, everybody benefits from these IBC weekends.  IIT's come out as IIT3 or above with a sounder, more comprehensive basic training than they can receive after working perhaps several events where they may become exposed only to certain responsibilities and techniques.  At an IBC, it's all covered.
"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout

RATTLESNAKE

Looking forward to seeing you all there ........
"It is not yet too late to accommodate the dispute amicably. But I am of opinion, that, if once General Gage should lead his troops into the country, with design to enforce the late Acts of Parliament, Great Britain may take her leave, at least of the New-England colonies, and, if I mistake not, of all America. If there is any wisdom in the nation, God grant it may be speedily called forth!"
- written in a letter from Joseph Warren to Arthur Lee, 20 February 1775

Another D.O.M.

For those IITs who are not aware, I'd like to clarify the purpose of the IBC.

The purpose of an IBC is to accelerate the advancement of IITs, or to provide advanced training to non-IITs who wish to become IITs once they have achieved the prerequisites (at least two events attended and a Rifleman score shot during a properly timed AQT string of fire).  

This is a huge bonus for IITs, as rather than advancing one IIT level per event worked (requiring four events to achieve IIT4), when you attend an IBC you can potentially advance from IIT0 to IIT4 at the next event you work after completion of the IBC.  The SB of the IBC will evaluate the level of achievement the IIT has attained during the IBC; and if he/she is the same SB for the next event you work he/she will advance you to this level after you have performed the duties of this and lower levels to satisfaction during the event.  If he/she is not the SB of the next event you work, you should notify whoever is to contact the SB of the IBC so the two of them can discuss your advancement potential for the event.

This is particularly a benefit during the winter months when events in the colder parts of the country are limited.  Remember, the Anniversary Weekend is coming up in April - this is an "All-Hands" weekend during which every instructor in the program should work a shoot so that all events are covered.  There are currently 38 shoots scheduled nationwide for this weekend, with five in NY, one each in ME, MA, PA & NH, and more being added all the time.  For this weekend to achieve maximum success, we need all of our IITs to advance themselves as far as they can between now and April 16!

***There is no cost for an IBC to IITs other than travel and meals; and the Burlington Flats Fish & Game club is one of the most Appleseed-friendly clubs I have had the pleasure of visiting.  Free camping in the heated clubhouse, on several occasions the club members have provided hot lunches for a minimal fee to Appleseed event attendees, and if you're interested club membership is only $30/year for individuals ($50/year family) which provides you with all of the club resources year-round, including hunting, fishing, shooting competitions and leagues, etc. - in some of the finest country in upstate NY.

You owe it to yourself, to the program, and to your country to take advantage of this opportunity and accelerate your Appleseed training so that you are better prepared to help us all save our nation.  There are currently 25 seats left available for the Burlington Flats NY IBC scheduled for January 22 & 23.  Sign up now (and select 'Instructor Refresher...') and avoid the last-minute rush!  For more info, see www.appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=14578.0

*** See update below
"Dark & difficult times lie ahead.  Soon we must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."  Dumbledore

Spanner

I'll add something to ADOM's words of wisdom: 

(1) You get to spend a weekend around kDan, but with 50% less ducking.   :bow:

(2) You get to spend a weekend around sgtrock, but with 600% more caffeine.   :D  No, it isn't a contest.  Best not say more on an open channel.

(3) This ain't no fly-by-night operation.  Burlington Flats Fish & Game club is hosting their THIRD Instructor Boot Camp.  Here is a link to the AAR from the IBC one year ago.

..AAR for Burlington Flats, NY IBC..

What were then 6 IIT's are now

The NY State Coordinator, and
Three Red Hats from 3 states (PA, NY, WV) and also
Two Shoot Bosses!

I could go on and on...

... but I'll just sum it up by saying that everyone that was there is still on speaking terms!   O0

Seriously, make an effort to be there.  I'm looking forward to meeting you.  @)  Don't make me track you down on an individual basis.   &)
" Decision-making is the supreme manifestation of human dignity. "  -Jouvenel

The Mrs.

LittleMo and I are registered.  Looking forward to a visit to K-Danistan and seeing everyone else  ::)
Think with love and truth
See with love and truth
Speak with love and truth
Hear with love and truth
And come from the heart, with love, and truth, and honor.

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. ~ Margaret Mead  US anthropologist

CharlieHotel

I still have room for one or two, if there is anyone needing a ride. We could arrange a meet- up.
"A good plan executed perfectly is better than a perfect plan executed poorly"

"As steel sharpens steel, so one man sharpens another"

"It's not the dope 'ON' the rifle, but the one behind it!" - Unknown PMI, Parris Island, SC 1984

So speak and so act as those who will be judged by the law of Liberty.
For Judgement comes without mercy for those who have shown no mercy, Mercy shall triumph over judgement.
James 2:12-13

CharlieHotel

BTW, I was unaware I did not have to pay... Who can i talk to, to get a refund? Money would be well spent on tech-sights for loaner guns I'm putting together.   8)

"It's not the dope 'ON' the rifle, but the one behind it!" - Unknown PMI, Parris Island, SC 1984

For Judgement comes without mercy for those who have shown no mercy, Mercy shall triumph over judgement.

Another D.O.M.

***(This is the update)
Well, it seems there is still some disagreement regarding whether or not existing IITs pay to attend an IBC.

According to this PM I've received on the subject, the official Appleseed policy is that all IITs must pay the $70 fee to attend their first IBC; and thereafter there is no charge:
Quote from: RifleWoman on December 31, 2010, 06:47:07 PM
As far as I know the official policy is that all IIT's have to pay for one IBC or RBC and after that they are all free.  However there have been conflicting thoughts but I've not been notified of any changes (and I have asked) so I will continue following and enforce this policy until notified otherwise.

Rw

As far as I'm concerned RifleWoman is the highest authority on the matter I've received a response from on the subject, so her word is the law.

I apologize for the misinformation and confusion.  Any IIT who has signed up for this IBC and not paid the $70 first-time fee based upon my original post please let me know via PM so that I can rectify the situation.
MJA
"Dark & difficult times lie ahead.  Soon we must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."  Dumbledore

kDan

Quote from: CharlieHotel on December 31, 2010, 11:26:43 AM
I still have room for one or two, if there is anyone needing a ride. We could arrange a meet- up.

I'll take one of those spots CH!  Just let me know where to be and I'll be there.  It's good to have four wheel drive up there in January.

As far as fees are concerned.  I know they used to be there, the fees.  RWVA has its rules and fees for good reason, but I don't imagine we're going to turn anybody away for lack of being flush.  We've got more important things to worry about.  Special circumstance waivers can be arranged for anybody that would only miss this event because of the fee.  I reckon.  Talk to Another D.O.M. or myself.
"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout

LittleMo

Growing old is mandatory; Growing up is optional!  :)

Marksmanship can be taught and learned,
but the motivation has to be inspired for the
people to become involved.
How many have you inspired that became involved?

http://www.facebook.com/NYSAppleseed
http://www.facebook.com/ProjectAppleseedVermont

sgtrock

Hello Folks

Just a reminder on the upcoming IBC at Burlington Flats, NY,

Please,,,, and I cannot Stress This Enough, Do Not Rely On Your GPS To Get You All The Way Here, There are seasonal roads around here that are not open in the winter, and there are a few bridges that are not there on some roads that the GPS will tell you to take,,, Print Hardcopy directions from the eventbrite site and use these when you are 20miles out,,, Not a big deal to find us,, just take care,,, I will be on site all day Friday 21 Jan 2011, to guide in any and all lost souls, we want you to get here safe and sound, if the weather looks bad,, leave earlier, you can stay here free of charge, and its warm, with amenities, i.e. latrines, hot water, stove for cooking, hardwood floor, bring your cots and sleeping bags, You may arrive on Friday at anytime, Friday night is our pistol league night if you want to shoot you may do so, I will be there with a few extra pistols for you to use if you care to, the cost is 4 dollars for 1 set of targets (30rds) its a Bulleye Pistol League,,, its fun and its a cheap night out with good people,,,

If you have any questions please PM me here,,, and Please read Paul Reveres Ride and if you have access to the instructor manual that is a must read, but if you don't and you arrive early on Friday I will go thru it with you and possibly have a few copies to hand out,,, Don't be shy about this,,, we are here to help,,,

sgtrock

315-868-5188 cell
607-263-2495 home

CharlieHotel

KDan, your seat is alredy reserved. Rattlesnake had to bail because of a prior commitment so I still have room for 2 or 3. If you know anybody who might need a lift let them know to contact me. I've posted but no replies... Should probably arrange accomodations soon.

crak

I think I found some of those seasonal roads the first time.  Very exciting!

Here is the post where Fred says IBCs are free:

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=16080.msg133289#msg133289
Check your drama at the door.

kDan

Quote from: crak on January 05, 2011, 07:42:37 PM
I think I found some of those seasonal roads the first time.  Very exciting!

Here is the post where Fred says IBCs are free:

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=16080.msg133289#msg133289

Thanks, Crak!  Very interesting.  Ships passing in the night.  Anyway, like I said, I'm not going to turn anybody away. 
"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout

boltgun71

I will be there to help out.  Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

kDan

Quote from: boltgun71 on January 10, 2011, 08:13:38 AM
I will be there to help out.  Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

This is great news!  I'm looking forward to seeing you again boltgun71, and especially to having you help out.  One of the most knowledgable and capable Instructors we have.

Anyone on the fence about this should think very seriously about making the trip.
"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout

sgtrock

This should be taken for consideration for this IBC location,, Load your vehicle accordingly, extra clothes, water, food, and maintenance gear, hard copy of directions on how to get here,,

If you have problems,,, 315-868-5188

Again,, I will be on site Friday,,,

See you this weekend

sgtrock

http://www.weather.com/weather/5-day/USNY0186?role=

Dakota

I will be there, can't make it Friday night with the carpool, I will be working overnight and throught the snow, will need sleep $$-0.
Rattlesnake and I are making the trek up EARLY Saturday morning, we should arrive around 8AM.
I've been there before so hopefully we won't get lost.
"A fine marksman with a second rate rifle is far more effective than the reverse." - Colonel Jeff Cooper

How good are YOU, with YOUR rifle, Today?

"If the prospect of having your thumb hit by the bolt is unacceptable do not attempt to load your Garand"-Springfield M1 Garand owners manual

R.I.P "DAKOTA" My Buddy 1/24/01 - 6/23/12

Spartan

Sounds like it will be a great time and some of the best instructors I know. Wish i could be there.
"With your shield or on it"

The Mrs.

Gary and I would like to thank all the great instructors for a wonderful presentation.  Learned lots.  Thanks to all for the sharing and great company.   :bow:

See you on the trail!!

Sue
Think with love and truth
See with love and truth
Speak with love and truth
Hear with love and truth
And come from the heart, with love, and truth, and honor.

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. ~ Margaret Mead  US anthropologist

kDan

"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout