News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

DASHBOARD: Lebanon - March 26/27, 2011 Status & Task List

Started by CortJestir, December 28, 2010, 04:41:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CortJestir

Status and Task List for:
Lebanon Appleseed - March 26/27, 2011
Last Updated: March 27, 2011

Event Information

Date: March 26/27, 2011
Shoot Boss:CortJestir (Sat), TOMINCT (Sun), fprintf (SBIT)
Instructors/IITs:The Old Guide, The Log (Sat Only), Who_Me? (Sat Only), dcmdon (Sun Only), Round Trip (Sun Only), mzweatherby (Sun Only)
Pre-Registrations: 22/25
Event Information Page:http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=17432.0
Pre-Registration Page:http://www.eventbrite.com/event/983984123
Flyer Download:
Event Flyer: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=17432.0;attach=37997
CT Flyer: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=12171.0

Tasks / Action Items
These items below require action. Please respond in this thread to volunteer and complete a task or fill a role.
Items with names and dates in parens have been assigned and are in progress. Items with a strike are complete.

Logistics, Administrative and Staffing

• Host contacted
  • Present to club's Board of Directors (vernic82)
  • Event scheduled with Host
  • Host Application signed and submitted
  • EIP information submitted
  • Shoot Boss needed
  • Red Hats needed !
  • Orange Hats needed !
  • Management of target backers and shoot supplies
  • Pre-shoot setup

Promotional Tasks

• Distribute Event Flyers at Newington Gun Exchange, Hoffman's, JoJo's, Milford Gun and Safe, other gun stores
  • Distribute Event Flyers at CT public ranges (All volunteers)
  • Post event information at your gun club / Mention Appleseed at your gun club's next meeting (All volunteers)
  • Post event information at CTShooting.com
  • Post event information at Northeastshooters.com
  • Post event information at AR15.com
  • Post event information at TheFiringLine.com
  • Post event information at TheHighRoad.org
  • Other promotional tasks?

Promotional Efforts to Date

CT Appleseed Facebook Page

"I hate quotations. Tell me what you know." - Ralph Waldo Emerson :D

The Old Guide

Wifey (North Country Lady) is putting me down as an IIT for Lebanon as I write this. I'll look up area motels. We "MAY" bring the camper if some of this white gold melts.
Our history is not a list of dates and places. It is a dynamic adventure of freedom and individual courage.

Crak's IBC, August 2010.
Fred's AIBC, April 2011
kDan's IBC, March 2012
Northeast SC Confab, Feb. 13

CaptMac

Old Guide,

My wife and I stayed at a B&B about 30 minutes from the Lebanon range.  Captain Grant's 1754.  It certainly was not modern, and the rooms were not big, but the people were friendly and things were clean.  My wife liked breakfast on Saturday.  We brought our dog and stayed in their adjacent Avery House, all part of teh same business.  The worst part of our stay was noise from the road.  However, I was so tired from a long day at the range, it didn't matter.  I went out like a light.   

Not sure if I am going to make it, as my wife wants to be in Massachusetts at a function for her family.  I may be a pass on the function, however, or be able to to get one day at this Appleseed.  We'll see.   

Take care,

CaptMac
Ramseur Five Ten!!!

"Live Free or Die:  Death is not the Worst of Evils."  Genl.  John Stark, 1809.

CortJestir

Thanks, TOG and CaptMac. We can use both your help that weekend. Guess we'll need to shake the tree a little bit and see if we can't get anymore help. While I'm confident Vernic and TOG can run a line of 18, it would probably make things safer and smoother with one or two more hats on the line.

The Old Guide

North Country Lady is a volunteer shoot admin. She's been doing this long before the new worker level system. She has a pink RWVA hat. Only one I ever saw. I'll check the B&B.
Our history is not a list of dates and places. It is a dynamic adventure of freedom and individual courage.

Crak's IBC, August 2010.
Fred's AIBC, April 2011
kDan's IBC, March 2012

North Country Lady

Quote from: CaptMac on March 04, 2011, 11:56:35 AM
Old Guide,

My wife and I stayed at a B&B about 30 minutes from the Lebanon range.  Captain Grant's 1754.  It certainly was not modern, and the rooms were not big, but the people were friendly and things were clean.  My wife liked breakfast on Saturday.  We brought our dog and stayed in their adjacent Avery House, all part of teh same business.  The worst part of our stay was noise from the road.  However, I was so tired from a long day at the range, it didn't matter.  I went out like a light.   

Not sure if I am going to make it, as my wife wants to be in Massachusetts at a function for her family.  I may be a pass on the function, however, or be able to to get one day at this Appleseed.  We'll see.   

Take care,

CaptMac

Most B&Bs have stairs, and I live in a power wheelchair. However, The Old Guide has found accommodations relatively near the range. Do you happen to know if the clubhouse and bathroom are handicapped accessible? I would be all set if I could use our camper, because the whole back comes down as a ramp, and I would have everything that I need. However, there is still too much "white gold" and there probably still will be in two weeks.

Currently, there are not many AS shoots in Maine, and we have friends in CT, so we are hoping to combine an AS and a visit with our friends during the week after the AS. We can do that now that everyone but TOG is retired. He is a realtor, so he can make his own schedule.

Anything you can tell me about range and clubhouse would be appreciated.

I understand your wife. I know that my family does not have chances to get together very much.

Thanks for any information you can give me.

North Country Lady (Patricia Ek)

North Country Lady

Quote from: CortJestir on March 04, 2011, 12:17:38 PM
Thanks, TOG and CaptMac. We can use both your help that weekend. Guess we'll need to shake the tree a little bit and see if we can't get anymore help. While I'm confident Vernic and TOG can run a line of 18, it would probably make things safer and smoother with one or two more hats on the line.

Thanks, CortJestir. We do enjoy going to AS shoots and meeting other folks who like to shoot and share our history.

I am trying to find out about the range and clubhouse, because I live in a power wheelchair. When we use our camper, I can ride right up the ramp and have everything that I need. However, it is unlikely that enough snow will be gone to get the camper out. We have a folding ramp that can be put down for me, but the doors have to be wide enough. I do not need extra wide doors, but some clubhouses have doors that are narrower than usual going into the bathroom.

Any information you can give me would be appreciated, and may I look forward to meeting you at the shoot?

North Country Lady (Patricia Ek)

CortJestir

Hey Patricia,

Thanks for coming down and helping us out. It looks to be a good-sized shoot with most of the line filled up!

I'll let vernic82 fill in the particulars. But I know the clubhouse, which is not far from the range, has double doors for entry. I'm not sure about the door to the ladies room inside the clubhouse though. The grounds are friendly to powered wheel chairs - perhaps the only thing that may get in your way is a little bit of incline.

More info here: www.BRGclub.org (I just realized the website link in the dashboard is the wrong one).

And as of right now, I won't be attending this shoot it looks like. But I do hope to meet you and TOG on The Trail sometime soon!

CJ

North Country Lady

Quote from: CortJestir on March 14, 2011, 05:27:26 PM
Hey Patricia,

Thanks for coming down and helping us out. It looks to be a good-sized shoot with most of the line filled up!

I'll let vernic82 fill in the particulars. But I know the clubhouse, which is not far from the range, has double doors for entry. I'm not sure about the door to the ladies room inside the clubhouse though. The grounds are friendly to powered wheel chairs - perhaps the only thing that may get in your way is a little bit of incline.

More info here: www.BRGclub.org (I just realized the website link in the dashboard is the wrong one).

And as of right now, I won't be attending this shoot it looks like. But I do hope to meet you and TOG on The Trail sometime soon!

CJ
Thanks for the speedy reply. I feel better about it already. My ramp should take care of any small incline. We may make CT an annual trip. It is really our turn to visit our friends in CT. They are the ones who have always made the trip.

Thanks again. North Country Lady

vernic82

CJ's getting antsy, gonna need some IIT's to set up to the plate and come out to this one.........

You guys really want me to start calling you?
"To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child. For what is the worth of human life, unless it is woven into the life of our ancestors by the records of history?"
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
~ Harlan Ellison

"Yeah well, that's just, ya know, like, your opinion, man."
- The Dude

The Old Guide

One week from today we'll be headed down the road. We'll be on the Appleseed Trail for a week, ending up at Battle Road with half the folks from CT.

Crak's IBC, August 2010.
Fred's AIBC, April 2011
kDan's IBC, March 2012

vernic82

One last post tonight.....

Tried calling everyone, and I mean everyone on the CT Instructor list, active, inactive - pinged the big players in Mass and NY and there's no one who needs to level up at Lebanon.

OG, NCL get ready friends we'll be hopping, be prepared for everything and anything - I wouldn't want it any other way can't wait until next weekend!

Nightynight.
"To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child. For what is the worth of human life, unless it is woven into the life of our ancestors by the records of history?"
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
~ Harlan Ellison

- The Dude

The Log

"The future belongs to those that show up." - hawkhavn

The Old Guide

OK folks, Vernic82 has arranged for great weather:

Friday: Partly sunny, with a high near 36.

Friday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 20.

Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 38.

Saturday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 21.

Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 40.

I'll be down there Friday afternoon to give a hand with target frames etc. We will be at the Red Roof Inn at New London both nights. It's the most economical place we could find. All we need is warm and dry. At Columbia we sleep in the clubhouse and tend the wood stove during the night.

Crak's IBC, August 2010.
Fred's AIBC, April 2011
kDan's IBC, March 2012

fprintf

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and dog-gone it people like me!  ~Stuart Smalley

CortJestir

Quote from: The Log on March 21, 2011, 10:58:49 AM
Oh, hell... PM inbound.

Quote from: fprintf
I'll be there. PM sent to Instructor Scheduling.

Never fail to bail, these two.  :bow: O0

The Old Guide

Crak's IBC, August 2010.
Fred's AIBC, April 2011
kDan's IBC, March 2012

The Log

Speaking for the V-man, I'll go out on a limb here and and say, "Heck, yeah!" I'll have my loaners, but the more the merrier - even if we don't need a loaner right away, with a line of 25 there's always someone who brings a bolt-cutter or tube-fed, or someone's extractor breaks during the morning Redcoat, or they just want a break from centerfire recoil.

Assuming, of course, that state laws let you transport. I've never tried to cross state lines with a rifle on board, so I know not whereof I speak. YMMV.

</log>

Quote from: The Old Guide on March 22, 2011, 10:34:51 AM
Vernic82,
Should I bring a couple of spare 10/22s?
"The future belongs to those that show up." - hawkhavn

CaptMac

Quote from: CortJestir on March 21, 2011, 08:07:17 PM
Quote from: The Log on March 21, 2011, 10:58:49 AM
Oh, hell... PM inbound.

Quote from: fprintf
I'll be there. PM sent to Instructor Scheduling.

Never fail to bail, these two.  :bow: O0

Ditto.

Bravo to The Log, fprintf and Who Me? 

I still have not entirely given up hope to make it there sometime this weekend.  With The Log and Who Me? only there for Saturday, it would be nice to make it Sunday.  I will not be making any promises, because it is not looking good, especially if you could see how things areg tonight.  Hopefully it'll improve tomorrow. 
Ramseur Five Ten!!!

"Live Free or Die:  Death is not the Worst of Evils."  Genl.  John Stark, 1809.

The Old Guide

This looks like a Chinese fire drill and I have seen a Chinese fire drill. Hey, stuff happens. I became a volunteer fireman in 1957. Yeah, I know how long ago that was. I knew I was going to meet all new people this weekend, but it looks like we'll all be meeting new people. We can reminisce about it the following weekend on Battle Road. I still hope to be at Lebanon Friday afternoon to assist Vernic82 in come way.

Crak's IBC, August 2010.
Fred's AIBC, April 2011
kDan's IBC, March 2012

vernic82

― Marcus Tullius Cicero

~ Harlan Ellison

- The Dude

The Old Guide

OK. Two 10/22s with automatic bolt release and extended magazine releases. One scoped and one with Tech Sights. Both will shoot Rifleman as is.

Crak's IBC, August 2010.
Fred's AIBC, April 2011
kDan's IBC, March 2012

fprintf

A huge thanks to everyone, instructors, students and visitors who came out to Lebanon this weekend. An AAR will be posted soon enough but I did want to post this evening that everyone who came to the shoot left with the same number of holes in them that they arrived with.

If anyone has any pictures either upload them to the AAR or send them to me via email (PM me if you don't have it) so that I can post them. Thanks!
I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and dog-gone it people like me!  ~Stuart Smalley