News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

The Next Florida IBC?

Started by ItsanSKS, December 24, 2010, 12:08:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ItsanSKS

Folks, April 19th is right around the corner, and we all need to be certain that our instructor skills are up to snuff.  The best, most effective way of doing this, is to attend an Instructor Boot Camp. (IBC)

An IBC features two full days of hands-on, intensive instruction.  Everything in the Instructor Manual is covered, and then some.  Coming out the other end of an IBC, you will have a firm understanding of everything you may be asked to instruct at your next event. 

I would like to start planning for an IBC in February, 2011. 

If you are interested in attending, please post here with what dates would work best for you. 

Should you have any questions, please send a PM to either PHenry or myself.

-ItsanSKS
"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

LadyZipper

Definitely interested even though I am at IIT3. The more you learn the better off you are.

Feb 12th -13th
Feb 26th -27th

are best for me. Thanks!

theri

Quote from: LadyZipper on December 24, 2010, 02:01:59 PM
Definitely interested even though I am at IIT3. The more you learn the better off you are.

Feb 12th -13th
Feb 26th -27th

are best for me. Thanks!

I am in a similar situation as an IIT3 but believe that I would still get some benefit (fine tuning) from attending another IBC.

I am available on February 5-6 as well as the above dates (Feb 12-13 and Feb 26-27).

Let me know where and when the IBC will be held.

Terry
Whiskey Tango 9

Heimdhal

Id be happy to go as well.

I would like to attend another appleseed as a shooter before then though, but I personaly could most definetley benefit from an IBC as my ITT skills need some fine tuning. ;)

ItsanSKS

So far our best venues for an IBC are either Hernando Sportsmans Club (near Brooksville, FL) or Rocky Creek Ranch, which is near Myakka City, FL.  Either location is eminently suitable, though both are probably equally inconvenient for most. 

RCR would be my first choice, as we can work with Chris to ensure low-cost accommodations.

Phenry, you reading this?
"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

Heimdhal

Im there wherever it is.  I too agree that RCR would probably be the best location from  what I hear of the facilities and of course its proximity to most of our instructers.

I was almost totaly, if not totaly, personaly ashamed of my last performace as an IIT and have vowed that I will NOT put on the orange hat again until I can assure myself and our shootbosses that I am 100% capable and confident beneath it. 

ThaiFighter

I know I am gone Jan 6-18th in Tempe...

Looks like Feb 10-24 in Memphis...

If we could do the end of the month, I don't think San Jose is until Mid-March.  I wouldn't want to miss as IBC...

or an instructors' KD shoot...

when we having one 'o thems?  :---
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people."

-GBS

Proud to be funding TG and BF's retirement account... ;)