News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

New gun law taking affect in 2011

Started by Cool_Guy, December 22, 2010, 08:34:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cool_Guy

This is a quote from a news story from a down state tv station

http://wsiltv.com/p/news_details.php?newsID=11994&type=top

"Firearms Possession Violations
Another new law coming January first targets gun violence. Some local law enforcement officials say it stems from a further push to fight crime in the Chicago area, but could have a big impact on southern Illinois hunters. The law requires mandatory prison terms of one to three years for adults who do not have a valid FOID card and possess an uncased firearm with ammunition either loaded in the gun or nearby. Right now, prison time is determined by a judge, along with a $25,000 fine."

I theory if your foid card expires and you're arrested, it mandatory prison time. 

Cyclops WY

Let's make everyone a criminal.  That's the ticket.  I feel for you peeps in IL.

You might want to move?  Just a thought.

Out
The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. Thomas Jefferson

Gopher Boy

As much as I disagree with the whole FOID thing.  (And I REALY don't think this is the forum to debate it in)  It's not that bad.

The biggest thing that I have a problem with is the $1 per year tax that I must pay to own a firearm.  (Cost of a FOID is $10 for 10 years)

We keep getting more and more people from IL involved in their futures and this whole thing could just go away.

I can honistly say, "Appleseed make the silly laws in Illinois that much easy to stand, because as long as I keep Appleseeding the less they suck."

Keep working, things are getting better.

Thanks for the update on the law.  Good to know.

Now let's get back to working on bigger issues.  Who's coming to the IBC next month?

G.B.

Castle Mountain

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam- will find a way or I will make one".
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."  one who has not qualified himself with the M-16 may not be considered to be a responsible citizen."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

"Terrorism is the best political weapon, for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."
-- Adolf Hitler (1889-1945) German Nazi Dictator

"Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in

jajjie123

I do also disagree with this 1$ tax per month thing. I think this is just baseless approach and need to be challenged. We should initialize a petition against this unauthorized tax collecting way. Do anyone agree with me? As in earlier posts also the disagreement is clearly visible.

Pvt.Joker

Most of the progress we're seeing hasn't come from the Legislative branch, but from the Judicial. Laws like this need a lawsuit.
"The battlefields of history are littered with the bones of those, who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest; and, resting, died."   
"We can't guarantee success in this war, but we can do something better. We can deserve it."
-John Adams, in a letter to his wife, Abigail.