News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Texas Has a New Red Hat!!

Started by Reddot, December 21, 2010, 08:57:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reddot

Hear Ye, Hear Ye,
Scuzzy has earned his Red Hat O0 O0 O0
I know first hand how hard he has worked and it's been a joy to watch him improve and move up through the ranks.  Somebody said something about pay here on the forum--let me tell you, some things are worth more than money, and seeing Scuzzy work his heart out to progress and become a better instructor is certainly one of them!!
I'm very proud of him and ask everyone to join me in offering him a very heart felt " HUZZAH"!!!
Congratulations Scuzzy!!!

Baminal

Way to Go Scuzzy!

and to poke light hearted fun at another recent thread, behold the happy dance

..:.. ..:.. ..:.. ..:..   
The death of democracy is not likely to be an assassination from ambush.  It will be a slow extinction from apathy, indifference and undernourishment.
Robert Maynard Hutchins, Educator (1899-1977)

Love you liberty and fight for it like men who know its value.  Once lost, it will never, never be regained.
Capt. Hugh Ledlie (1720-1798)

dragit

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.  Goethe

Sarah Belding: Be careful. You're a man who makes people afraid, and that's dangerous.
The Stranger: It's what people know about themselves inside that makes 'em afraid.

His genius was to promote collective action in the cause of freedom... Fischer

starfox

HUZZAH!!  Congratulations!!    Well earned and well deserved!
"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women,
when it dies there, no constitution, no law,
no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand

"Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon . . ." - Rorschach, The Watchmen.

Davilla 3-10

Evenstar

HUZZAH!!! Congratulations, Scuzzy!!! ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ O0 O0
'Pictures... or it didn't happen!' &)

"What we do in life echoes in eternity.

"All we must decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

"She is worth the wait. When she lifts her head - she smiles!" - Earl

"Warriors are not always the fastest or strongest men. Strength and speed can be developed through training. Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or holds sacred."

Arwen, Shorty, Blondy, Star, Trouble, Smiley, Miss Jess Adair, Starry, Kitten, Blue Eyes, Even Shorter, Elfy, Butterfly Girl, Tater Jr., Princess Tater, Tater Tot, Tiny Tater, Twinkletoes, Skippy

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11
Medical Lake, WA - July 31, 2011

Western Rose

Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. - 2 Cor. 3:17

A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet.

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

Northwest Region Project Appleseed on Facebook

50th Appleseed
Appleseed: From Coast to Coast

MeanStreaker

Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

TruTenacity

"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

doubleLL

WAY TO GO Scuzzy! You worked really hard (rumor has it 11 shoots since October) HUZZAH!!! Congratulations! ^:)^  ^:)^
"Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien."
Davilla 3-10

venoran

Congrats Scuzzy and thanks for all the help this weekend!

Two Wolves

Thank you for all that you are and all that you've done. Your a real standup guy and it's an honor to know you. May the Great Spirit keep you safe on the trail. ~ Two Wolves ~
A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

CrankyOldMan

Congratulations!  I am sure the promotion is well deserved.

Hurry back to Midland.

Bo
"Where the press is free, and every man able to read, all is safe," wrote Thomas Jefferson in 1816. But when the press aligns itself with special interests – such as the anti-gun lobby – critical information is censored, and liberty itself hangs in the balance. "If a nation expects to be ignorant and free ... it expects what never was and never will be ..." warned Jefferson.

spitstickler

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."  -Thomas Edison

jgillaspy

charles_w

CaptG

Bravo Zulu Kirby! Well done. Say hi to the wolf for me.
G
"If you will not fight for the right when you can easily win without bloodshed; if you will not fight when your victory will be sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a small chance of survival. There may even be a worse case: you may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves."
Winston Churchill

Patriot Gal

Congratulations Scuzzy!!!     ^:)^ 

You've sure earned it!  O0

Patriot Gal
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be denied the use of arms"
~Thomas Jefferson

"If not us, then who; if not now, then when."
~President Ronald Reagan

LayloPro

Congrats, Scuzzy!!!

..:..      ..:..      ..:..      ..:..      ..:..      ..:..      ^:)^

You'd think these folks from the South would -know- how to dance, eh?  O0 **) ;D :))

Go get 'em, you just earned another promotion & pay raise!!

Just ask Fred!!  ;D ;D :) :)) ^:)^

"The truth only hurts if you're guilty." 

"Fast / cheap / good....you only get 2....Your choice."

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.

Jules

Congratulations Scuzzy!

Wear it proud!

..:..  ..:..  ..:..  ..:..  ..:..

Jules
No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

Josey Wales

..Just in time for Christmas!!..

..Congratulations..

.............Strength & Honor...................JW....
..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

Sir Not Appearing In This Film

Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Attitudes are contagious. I hope mine is worth catching.

POP

Brother Kirby,
What a nice Christmas present ... for Texas.   ;)  We are proud to have you join us. 
This time last year we shot KD at Davilla on Monday after the weekend Appleseed.  Since then you have set the standard for dedication to the mission.   O0
Give Sharna a Christmas hug for me and I'll see you on the trail in 2011.
POP
3 of 6
7 of 6
Davilla RBC 11-08, 2-09, 11-09, 11-10
Davilla IBC 4-10
Eureka KS RBC 7-10, 5-11
Osage Beach RBC 10-10
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
Waterman 300 9/11/10

I can explain it to you but, I cannot understand it for you.

I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the CHAINS. (Triskele)

Eleanor of AQT

Davilla 1108

scuzzy

Quote from: POP on December 23, 2010, 09:26:15 PM
Brother Kirby,
What a nice Christmas present ... for Texas.   ;)  We are proud to have you join us. 
This time last year we shot KD at Davilla on Monday after the weekend Appleseed.  Since then you have set the standard for dedication to the mission.   O0
Give Sharna a Christmas hug for me and I'll see you on the trail in 2011.
POP

Hey my Brother,

Just gave Sharna a hug for you. She asked "What's that all about?" and I told her that was from Pop. Now you give Sally a hug for me. And don't forget to give Respiratory Pup and pat on the head too.

I'm looking forward to working with you on the trail here in the near future. Anytime you need help at a shoot you know where I am.

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Ishy

"If My people, who are called by My name, will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."  ~2 Chronicles 7:14

"The proof of desire is pursuit."  ~Kirk DeVinney

AZOpie