News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Future Youth Rifleman...

Started by Steven Cline, December 21, 2010, 02:20:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steven Cline

Today three generations were at the range.  My son, Connor, my self, and my father-in-law, Buck.  Connor put on a display.  His first twenty rounds at 25 yards looked like this.  None to shabby for a target with no pinpoint target to focus on:

Then Buck placed a .40 case on a target stick and told him to shoot it.  His second shot:

Connor continued to shoot at pieces of brass for while.  He did go 5 for 5 on 1" Shoot-N-Cs:

Finally Buck stapled a lit cigarette to the target stick and challenged Connor to an impossibe shot- shoot the lit end:

I'll be damned if he didn't do it with the first shot!

I was watching through binoculars, the small explosion of ash and burning ember was awesome.

"f I ever need someone to save my life by firing a gun, I'll take the gun enthusiast who's at the range twice a week over the 'well-trained' cop who happens to be an indifferent marksman." -Fred Thompson

jgillaspy

Show off!! I was there for the .40 casing shot. Everyone really got a kick out of seeing Connor nail it perfectly. He immediately wanted to turn it into something he could show off, like a necklace or something ala bear claw or eagle feather. Pretty cool...

JG

Steven Cline

Dude!  When he shot the cigarete it was jaw dropping!
"f I ever need someone to save my life by firing a gun, I'll take the gun enthusiast who's at the range twice a week over the 'well-trained' cop who happens to be an indifferent marksman." -Fred Thompson