News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Osage DAR Work Weekend 12/18-12/19

Started by Thor's Hammer, December 20, 2010, 03:45:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thor's Hammer

Chainsaws,hammers,nails,chili,wrenches,wreaking bars,brushes,rollers,coffee and sweat....Almost forgot fresh cornbread  ;D

Many accomplishments over the weekend! No more pastel colors in the mobile, as well as a new flat floor in the master bedroom. The middle bedroom walls were removed with the closet, making the great room tremendously larger, really opened things up. The shelter was doubled in size to 20'x20' with a new metal roof installed, no more dripping tarp, flapping in the wind O0  A new porch and real steps were put on the mobile as well. The entrance now has chainlink fence on either side of the gate posts, giving us a way to hang some signage to advertise the shoots locally.

Many thanks go out to all that attended, providing labor,skills,materials,vittles and camraderie  :bow: Our instructors and volunteers are really shaping the place up, giving us a place to call home. Now all we need is an apple tree to plant on April 19th......

Thank you to all that helped, and best wishes to those that couldn't make it because of troubles or prior obligations.
Jason
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!
The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.    George Carlin

nemohunter

sounds like you guys put to wood to it. i wish i could have been there but i have not seen my sister in 4 years. kinda overdue. what flavor tree we need? Stark Bros is the next town over LOTS of apple trees over there.
PLEASE DON'T STROKE THE EGO.