News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

No 2011 Wisconsin Shoots?

Started by Mequon, December 20, 2010, 10:32:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mequon

I was over on the 2011 calender and noticed that there are no Wisconsin shoots that I found listed at least through August.  I hope they just haven't been listed yet and this isn't the case.  I have a bunch of new people that want to attend a shoot and I would hate to let them down!!

I may have missed them, but I don't think so.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

fepowered

You obviously missed this thread...   :cool2:
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=16001.0

Shiocton does not allow us to register until after January 1st.  It is a reasonable expectation that Shiocton will be held during the same weekend it was held in 2010.  The next Nicolet (Suamico Shoot) board meeting is in January.   There have been questions from members regarding the number of exclusive events at the club this past year so they will have the opportunity to discuss it at the January meeting before  we vote to approve 2011 shoots which will happen at that same meeting.  
"Today, we need a nation of Riflemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are
willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

Shooterer

Jan 8 2010- Hubertus, WI  - one day
@ Da' Boone
Stand up for what's right.... Even if you stand alone.

dragonfly

We are having a planning meeting Jan. 9 2011. Rest assured 2011 is going to be even bigger, and better than 2010.  :~

See you at an Appleseed soon  O0

D-fly  Keeping the Faith
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

professor gun

March 5 and 6, 2011.  La Crosse Rifle Club.
Honoring my ancestor, Seth Hall, of the Massachusetts Militia for his sacrifices during our American Revolution that helped to provide freedom for all Americans.

CoryD

I have a question about the march 4-5 event in Lacrosse. Maybe I missed it, but, does the $70 (for both days) cover the range fee as well?
Why do they call it a signature if you have to type it?

Old Glory!

Quote from: CoryD on December 30, 2010, 07:58:34 PM
I have a question about the march 4-5 event in Lacrosse. Maybe I missed it, but, does the $70 (for both days) cover the range fee as well?

Hi Cory,
Range fees are separate from the $70. registration fee, and should be paid on the day of the event at the range.   LaCrosse is a really nice facility with a heated clubhouse, which might be important in March in WI.   ;)

Hope to see you in LaCrosse.

"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

Cooper

Quote from: CoryD on December 30, 2010, 07:58:34 PM

Greetings, Cory!

Don't tell Old Glory about this, but there is a secret scholarship program for NE WI shooters that can't handle the range fees outside of the Fox Valley area.  If the range fee would make the desire to attend one of western WI's or eastern MN's awesome shoots a "no go," just send me a PM, and I'll get the scholarship program involved.  This isn't about dollars, it's about saving the Nation.

Coop
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim

CoryD

lol, After my 4th cup of coffee, and more research ( going back and re-reading the registration form for the 5th time) I figured out that my brain was confusing the phrase "includes $10 registration fee" with "$10 range fee".  #) Sorry. Thank you for the offer, Cooper, but it's only 10 bucks extra. I was just curious. Really I was..  :)
Why do they call it a signature if you have to type it?

professor gun

The La Crosse range is primo.  Of course I have no bias whatsoever...... ;)
Honoring my ancestor, Seth Hall, of the Massachusetts Militia for his sacrifices during our American Revolution that helped to provide freedom for all Americans.

dragonfly

Quote from: professor gun on January 01, 2011, 03:43:20 PM
The La Crosse range is primo.  Of course I have no bias whatsoever...... ;)

Speaking of the primo LaCrosse Range, What dates can we look at for 2011 March 5 and 6  O0 May? June? July? Aug? Sept? Oct? Dec? What months are good and what dates can we plan for.
Thanks,
D-fly
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

professor gun

At our membership meeting on Jan 5 I am going to propose June 25 and 26, 2011.  I will keep all of you posted on whether the membership and Board approves it.

colycat

Only one shoot ?  How about 4 dates for 11?

Quote from: professor gun on January 01, 2011, 05:51:35 PM
At our membership meeting on Jan 5 I am going to propose June 25 and 26, 2011.  I will keep all of you posted on whether the membership and Board approves it.
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

professor gun

We can certainly consider that, Colycat.  As we develop our calendar at the La Crosse Rifle Club this month for 2011 I will keep that in mind and watch for possible dates.  We need to work around the High Power Rifle Shoots which may not be decided until early Feb.

Old Glory!

PG,  Thanks for being the Appleseed advocate at LaCrosse.   Preference is 2 day Appleseeds, but keep in mind we could request a 1 day Appleseed if the schedule is tight for 2 day events.   ..:..
"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion