News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

2011 (Follow up to ITB's PM)

Started by Gopher Boy, December 18, 2010, 10:14:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gopher Boy

I would like to officially welcome Michigan to the party that will be 2011.

2011 is going to be an awesome year.  2010 has been a great year for Appleseed and Michigan, yes we have hit our bumps in the road, but think about everything that 2010 accomplished.

The Red Hat corp in Michigan has increased by a whooping 200% (This counts TreadCarefully and myself as half, if we don't that's 300%).  If memory serves me correctly the number of shoots increased by about the same over 2009.

Appleseed has always been about teach your replacement and move up.  Don't see this, let me explain.  For all of us it's about making Rifleman and gettin' that patch, that part is simple. You did it, and then started teaching the next person.  Then as you move up to IIT2 you start to teach the next IIT, relate more with shooter as "The person calling the line".  IIT3..."WOW, I did IMC and they got it".   Once you get to IIT4 your looking at the prize, That shiny Red Hat.  Then all you want is for it to fade so your not NRHOTB (Yes, that's New Red Hat On The Block.  If your humming OH - OH - OH OH OH The right stuff....  We are about the same age)  Then someone comes along and says your now SBIT,  "But I don't want to be a Shoot Boss" you'll say.  About 15 minutes after that leaves your lips you realize that all those shoots you thought you went to because so and so was SB was an incorrect statement.  The reason they were the SB, was because everyone else was busy else where.  So you'll pick up the slack, "because everyone desires a break".

You see it all comes full circle.  "All I want is.... ", is where it starts for most people.  Then in a blink of an eye your wearing a green hat running your own shoot.  Still the same scared IIT as the day you started, but now your teaching Rifleman to Teach Rifleman and if your anything like me you say the Alan Shepard prayer ALOT.   :bow:

Look at the Michigan Schedule for 2011.  I know that's a tougher schedule than the Lion's have, but we have got to win more than 1.   2 (Sorry...  Go Bears!)  **)

Lapeer - 2/26-2/27
Fenton - 4/16-4/17
Bellevue - 5/21-5/22
Houghton Lake - 6/4-6/5
Bellevue - 6/18-6/19
Dundee - 7/2-7/3
Bellevue - 7/30-7/31
Bellevue - 8/27-8/28
Lapeer- 10/29-10/30

WOW...  Michigan you have worked your butt off getting these shoots.  Now think about the job ITB and BeeFree have of staffing these shoots.  Not with IIT to help with the line, but Shoot Bosses.  Who will SB these shoots?

Reagan said it best, (but it was said long before him) "If not you, who?  If not now, When?"

Keep moving up.  Keep working toward that next goal.   It's not as bad as you think.

If you can find the time.  GET TO AN IBC.  The closest for you Michiganganders is Gibsonburg OH (Toledo).  If you care to drive a bit further...  Ottawa, IL is always a big one and Athens OH isn't that much smaller.  If I have to twist your arm....  Come to Ottawa, when you guys come here it makes it suck that much less  :-[

As for me...  I will be Shoot Bossing Lapeer in Feb. and hopefully putting a new hat on ITB's head.  Then it's back to IL for me.  We have 60 shoots scheduled for Illinois(ucks) this year.  Right now IL only has 5 shoot bosses, so we are in the same position MI is.  So I don't know how much time I'll have to be on the trail.  

Now ask your self...  Do I have "The Right Stuff" ?

Respectfully,
G.B.  

Quote from: intheburbs on December 18, 2010, 08:37:46 AM
To all Michigan instructors and IIT's,

I hope everyone is enjoying the buildup to the holiday season.  I just wanted to share with you the current schedule for 2011.  Right now, the only two events on the official schedule and eventbrite are the two Lapeer shoots - 2/26 and 10/29.  However, we have a lot more planned, and most just need some administrative stuff completed and then they'll go up on IS and eventrbrite.

Here's the list so far (click on any of these to go to the website of the host range):

Lapeer - 2/26-2/27
Fenton - 4/16-4/17
Bellevue - 5/21-5/22
Houghton Lake - 6/4-6/5
Bellevue - 6/18-6/19
Dundee - 7/2-7/3
Bellevue - 7/30-7/31
Bellevue - 8/27-8/28
Lapeer- 10/29-10/30

All of these shoots have been agreed to with the host ranges, it's just a matter of completing paperwork to make them official.  This should be completed in the next few weeks.

Regarding "overnight parking" - we're thinking about taking over the clubhouse at Houghton Lake to sleep there.  They have sleeping facilities available for a nominal charge.  The Bellevue range will allow camping on-site for the instructors.

Again, this is a work in progress, and there are likely to be additions to this schedule.  BeeFree and I will continue to seek out more ranges to host our events.

I'm really excited about 2011.  I think this can be the breakout year for Appleseed in Michigan.  

I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and a joyous and prosperous New Year.

Also, I'd like to share contact information between all of us, since I know some of you are not on the Applseed site very regularly.  If everyone could please send me their contact info, I'll put it all together into one PM.  I'll start (all info not necessary, but please include at least email and mobile):

If anyone has any questions or comments, please feel free to contact me.

Thanks!

Bill
itb

*** Disclaimer.....  All persons mentioned in this post may or may not be fictitious, they may be living (for some only an autopsy will tell).  the only thing for certain is that all jokes in this post are real and should be reread until the humor is obvious.  If you are offended by anything in this post reread it several times, because you misread something.

ITB

Quote from: Gopher Boy on December 18, 2010, 10:14:14 AMWe have 60 shoots scheduled for Illinois(ucks) this year.

Quoted, in case anyone missed that.  Man, that's a lot of Appleseedin'.
"I will either set my country free, or shed my last drop of blood to make her so." -  Dr. Joseph Warren

" ITB glides through the highways of the Midwest like a Velvet Fog, unfettered by mortal speed limits, leaving only the knowledge of American Heritage and Marksmanship (and a faint whiff of ghost pepper sauce) in his wake." - Oz

CF KD requal - Muenster, TX  11/25/23

Scout82

Is there any way we can get this on the AS Schedule?  Im not seeing it here...
http://www.appleseedinfo.org/as_schedule2.php

Do we pre-register for these, or just show up?

Thanks,
Scout82

Miki

Hi Scout82,

They aren't all on the 'official' schedule yet because some of the paperwork is in final processing. Once all the i are dotted and the ts crossed they will automagically show up on the schedule. It is best to pre-register as most of our Michigan shoots sell out. If there is anything else we can help you with post up your questions and we'll get them answered for you.

Miki

Quote from: Scout82 on December 22, 2010, 12:13:06 PM
Is there any way we can get this on the AS Schedule?  Im not seeing it here...
http://www.appleseedinfo.org/as_schedule2.php

Do we pre-register for these, or just show up?

Thanks,
Scout82