News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

CT Promo Op: Cabelas NRA Weekend - Feb 4-6, 2011

Started by CortJestir, December 14, 2010, 05:09:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CortJestir

Fellow Birch Beer-drinking, Na'Haven pizza eating, UCONN loving, Nutmeggers:

I received an incoming from Cabelas in East Hartford inviting us to staff a table during their Cabelas NRA Weekend on February 4-6, 2011

If you went last year, than you know the madhouse it was. This will be a prime opportunity to wrangle students up for our April 19th 2011 shoots.

More information will follow, but we'll need volunteers to man the table. So please mark your calendars down to help if you can. Particularly tricky will be Friday, Feb 4. Hopefully I won't be traveling for work on that day and can commit to it. I'm hoping a few others can too.

Vernic82: Since you're our promo dude, I'll let you handle this from here on out. As soon as we know what the hours are, please set up the schedule and create the shifts, etc. Cabelas will provide us with a table and chairs. We bring our promo material. I've asked about showcasing rifles at our table but have not heard back yet. I'll put you in touch with the events coordinator at Cabelas East Hartford.

If anybody from the MA or NY crew wanna join in, please feel free. This Cabelas serves the tri-state area. There may be folks from all over southern New England coming.

Oh, and if you're a member of the NRA, you'll receive a 10% discount that weekend.  ;)

More soon...

CJ

CT Appleseed Facebook Page

"I hate quotations. Tell me what you know." - Ralph Waldo Emerson :D

The Log

"The future belongs to those that show up." - hawkhavn

freedominnumbers

I was just down there today. They have 500CT Remington Cyclone .22LR HP for $14.99.

Fodder for Lebanon perhaps.
Harvard, MA April 17-18 2010 "April 19"  (216)
Lebanon, CT January 29-30 2011 (232)

vernic82

CJ - sorry I'm late to the party been busy and not on too much.  :-[

PM me the contact/details & I'll jump to organizing, etc O0

More to follow on our LOO

"To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child. For what is the worth of human life, unless it is woven into the life of our ancestors by the records of history?"
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
~ Harlan Ellison

"Yeah well, that's just, ya know, like, your opinion, man."
- The Dude

The Log

Where do we stand on this? I haven't heard anything yet; just want to make sure I haven't missed any messages. I'll pitch in to help organize if needed since I have no shoots scheduled till the end of next month (slacker).

DPM

CortJestir

Still going on as far as I know. The events coordinator at Cabelas will be in touch with Vernic about next steps. Stay tuned...

vernic82

The phone and email have been silent so far.....

CJ - any word on what hours we'll have to cover the table for?

Perhaps we can build a schedule now before the Cabela's people call/email? #)
"To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child. For what is the worth of human life, unless it is woven into the life of our ancestors by the records of history?"
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
~ Harlan Ellison

- The Dude

vernic82

Still no call/email/smoke signal from E. Hartford as the days tick away ???
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

~ Harlan Ellison

- The Dude

CortJestir

I don't think they're going to call until a week or two before the event, vernic. Hours are 9-4, Fri-Sun and we can get there as early as 8a. Let's start getting a schedule up, if we can. Thanks.

vernic82

― Marcus Tullius Cicero

~ Harlan Ellison

- The Dude

The Log

V-man --

We'll take a Saturday afternoon shift, if you please.

The Log / Who_Me? et al

vernic82

Thanks for stepping up!

I'll take the morning shifts, 8a-12n on Friday, Saturday & Sunday, unless someone else wants them?

I'll also do the Set up on Friday morning which means I'll need to meet up with you CJ to get the Banner if that's OK?

Now:  Who will take the afternoon 12n-4p shifts on Friday & Sunday (also includes the breakdown)?

Quote from: The Log on January 14, 2011, 05:59:30 PM
V-man --

We'll take a Saturday afternoon shift, if you please.

The Log / Who_Me? et al
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

~ Harlan Ellison

- The Dude

vernic82

Folks - we're sucking wind for registrations for our 1st Dual AS weekend coming up at the end of February:

as of 1/18

Colebrook - 1/14

Chaplin 2/35

We're gonna need to make this Cabela's weekend a success to get butts outta the couches or sign up to shoot ourselves  &)

I've been flyering my AO, the shops on the Berlin Tpke area (Hoffmans/NGX/BMG & the 2 Army/Navy Stores), North Eastern CT (BTP, Center Sports) and Western RI (Big Bear/Foster Bear/Cop Shop/Post Road) but it seems like we need more to get some attendance #'s, soon.

Have flyers been getting into gunshops elsewhere in the state?

This is the only online forum I go to & I don't know how to post on these other shooting specific forums but has this been done?

I 7th Step everyone at my Pistol Courses, had 13 people this past weekend and already have 10 signed up for the February course and I'll Step the heck outta them.  Working on my neighbors across the road now.  Have a co-worker I've promised 2 of my loaners to for he and his son for one of these upcoming shoots......

Any other thoughts/ideas?
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

~ Harlan Ellison

- The Dude

The Log

I'll hit up the homeschoolers again - I got a lot of responses from them the last time. I'm also papering bulletin boards at local libraries - it's a homeschool thing - plus I'll hit Tactical Arms in Torrington. I've seventh stepped my SIL and her family - they were at the last Colebrook - and my neighbor, who was at Colebrook back in March. I offered him two loaner rifles so he can bring his sons, and he's hitting up a hunting buddy of his to come along.

Seventh stepping is great, but that NRA weekend will be key - we'll reach a lot of people. The CT crew needs to step up and take shifts at the booth. I can see not wanting to hang out a gun show and wait for people to come by, but this is Cabela's - it's a gun-geek toy store, fer cryin' out loud! Come on out and work the table with us - it'll be a blast!
~~:)  ~~:)  ~~:)

The Log

BTW, I was thinking of getting some promotional videos/still together in a Powerpoint. I'll bring my laptop and a big(ger) monitor and we can run the PPT on a loop to draw folks in. Might be valuable, especially if we can't have demo rifles.

Does anyone know if there's wireless in Cabela's that we can use? If so, we could also sign folks up in Eventbrite right there. If anyone knows, or has the promo person's contact info, let me know. Thanks.

And I'll bring my pre-perforated CJ business card to post at 82 feet - I found that to be a very effective visual aid.

CaptMac

Ramseur Five Ten!!!

"Live Free or Die:  Death is not the Worst of Evils."  Genl.  John Stark, 1809.

vernic82

Thanks CaptMac! 

Now - who else can step up and man this table?

NY, MA, VT, RI - this Cabela's serves most if not all of your State(s)!

You folks really don't expect me to leave the table unattended when my shift ends - or do you really want my wife to divorce me?!?!?!? :'(
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

~ Harlan Ellison

- The Dude