News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Slow Friday in Bloomington produces new 100yd target

Started by SPQR, December 10, 2010, 06:21:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SPQR

Things got slow at work today and an argument broke out before I left for class about who would stay and close up.  I was prosecuted elected in absentia and forced to close up with nothing to do.  My mind, brilliant as it is, decided to come up with a use for some scrap 11x17 paper I had laying around.  A quick phone call to HQ and a return email produced a new target.  It is essentially a 4 and 8 MOA target.  On one side is a 1 inch grid with a 8 MOA black square with a 4 MOA white center.  The target is located in the center of the page.  On the back side of the target is the same image with the squares offset.  This will be used to guage comeups at 100 and 200 yards by attaching it with the offset square down, or gauge .22lr drop by placing the offset square up.  I have attached it here.  I am going to test its useability this weekend should the weather hold.  If anyone would like to test it please feel free to download and do so as long as you deliver feedback.  :---

The purpose of this target is to reduce the amount of stuff I take out to the range when I do KD shooting (take one sheet of paper that can do three things instead of three different sheets) and to have a target I can write and record data on (My range books are too small to fold up targets and stick them in there) and to accomplish both things on the cheap. 

"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter