News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

any NC events in Jan 2011?

Started by LKNPatriot, December 09, 2010, 03:04:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LKNPatriot

I'm trying to get to the event in Ramseur next weekend, but I may not be able to make it.
Are there any events in NC scheduled for Jan 2011?

Thanks,
Faron

Stimey

I am glad you asked!  Here's the latest on next year's activities.

I am currently writing the schedule for all events for 2011 in North Carolina.  There will be an Appleseed every month at Ramseur, every other month at North Fayetteville, three or four events in Charlotte, and others as they become available (probably one or more in Wilmington and Kill Devil Hills).  Also, I have been in contact with facilities in Hickory, Concord, and near Asheville, as well as another location near Fayetteville, but no dates yet.  There will be no less than four RBC's, with a minimum three at Ramseur and one at North Fayetteville if we can get the logistics worked out.  Likewise, there will be IBC's as needed, which means that I will schedule one whenever I have commitments of attendance for at least four to six students.

All that being said, the answer to your question is this:  I am planning on the first Ramseur date of 2011 being on the weekend of January 15-16.

Stimey
NC State Coordinator
RWVA Project Appleseed
"Give me an army of West Point graduates, I'll win a battle.  Give me a handful of Texas Aggies and I'll win a war!"  Gen. George S. Patton, Jr.

LKNPatriot

Thanks for the info Stimey, I'm really looking forward to this.  If I can't make it next weekend (which is likely) then I should be there in January.

Faron

ethen0

Stimey, I have not attended a appleseed event yet, but was interested in doing so. I was wondering do these events usually fill up fast or is there usually room for newbies..do you normally have alot of the same people in attendance or is there plenty of new blood? If I become a member is the price per weekend appleseed the same, or discounted? I would be attending the Ramseur range..thanks in advance for any info

CplTurner

Stimey,

I would be interested in attending an IBC early in 2011.

CplTurner
USMC '91-'95
MOS 3521
4th Award Expert
Competitive Marksmanship Unit
Far East Division Matches

Stimey

Sorry for the delay in responding, I've been on the road.  ethen0, here's your answers.  There is always room for everyone at Ramseur.  The home range can support about 100 people comfortably, and we usually have around 40 attendees on average.  There are some repeat attendees, but there are always first-timers too.  There are no discounts for anyone based on RWVA membership.  If you want to shoot free, become a Rifleman and then volunteer as an Instructor.  Any more questions, feel free to ask.

I will schedule an IBC when I have four or more students wishing to become Instructors.  Are there that many right now?  Anyone interested, feel free to reply here.

Mike
"Give me an army of West Point graduates, I'll win a battle.  Give me a handful of Texas Aggies and I'll win a war!"  Gen. George S. Patton, Jr.