News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

REAL LIFE Scale Talking Targets Wallet Cards

Started by NHale, December 09, 2010, 02:10:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NHale

Sorry folks, at the risk of beating a dead horse...  ~~:)

I was looking over the Event Cheat Sheet and didn't see a single 5/8 MOA rifle on the list. That being the case, I added all the ACTUAL adjustment scales that I did see. I apologize for not catching this earlier...

NHale

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=16573.0

12/14/10   I updated these files to 600dpi...

Appleseeders:

The attached sheet is a set of 5 wallet cards to aid at Appleseed events. They are meant to be cut apart horizontally, trimmed to the edges, then folded in half and laminated. The size before laminating is 3.5"x2".

Included are the Talking Targets from Fred's Guide to Becoming a Rifleman, The Six Steps of Firing the Shot, a 2"x2" square (8 MOA @ 25m), a link to www.appleseedinfo.org, and a 5/8 MOA Click Adjustment Scale designed for 25, 50 and 100m ranges. (I believe the Ruger 10/22 w/ Tech Sights is one example of a rifle needing such de-math-a-fiers.)

Please post any ideas for improvements. Pretty please post any after action reports of actually using the 5/8 MOA scale.

Thanks!

NH
Appleseed: Because you never know when the British will come looking to collect back taxes...

DanT

Quote from: NHale on December 09, 2010, 02:10:00 PM
Pretty please post any after action reports of actually using the 5/8 MOA scale.

Thanks for the new cards -- there's several possibilities I'd not seen before.  All are now safely downloaded for further printing on business cards upon my arrival home (only one week to go... Yippee!!).

The 5/8 card worked well for me last weekend at an indoor range while sighting in a Marlin 22 with the Tech Sights.  I like it, thanks again!

Xeyed

Don't worry about beating a dead horse, This is good stuff.

Anyone got any suggestions on the cheapest way to laminate these cards? Clear packing tape on both sides and trim to size?

And while it is slightly off topic, here are some suggestions for the next time you need to beat a dead horse. Save this for future reference

Beating A Dead Horse

Conventional wisdom says that when you discover you are riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to dismount.

However, organizations often try other strategies with dead horses, including the following:

1. Buying a stronger whip.
2. Changing riders.
3. Saying things like "This is the way we always have ridden this horse."
4. Arranging to visit other sites to see how they ride dead horses.
5. Increasing the standards to ride dead horses.
6. Appointing a committee to study the dead horse.
7. Waiting for the horse's condition to improve from this temporary downturn.
8. Providing additional training to increase riding ability.
9. Passing legislation declaring "This horse is not dead."
10. Blaming the horse's parents.
11. Acquiring additional dead horses for increased speed.
12. Declaring that "No horse is too dead to beat."
13. Providing additional funding to increase the horse's performance.
14. Commissioning a study to see if private contractors can ride it cheaper.
15. Removing all obstacles in the dead horse's path.
16. Taking bids for a state-of-the art dead horse.
17. Declaring the horse is "better, faster and cheaper" dead.
18. Revising the performance requirements for horses.
19. Saying the horse was procured with cost as an independent variable.
20. Raising taxes (any excuse will do).

And if all else fails:

21. Promote the dead horse to a supervisory position

One Man awake, Awakens another. The second awakens  His next-door brother.
The three awake can rouse a town. By turning the whole place upside down.

The many awake can make such a fuss. It finally awakens the rest of us.
One man up, with dawn in his eyes, Surely then, Multiplies. Lawrence Trib