News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

My First AppleSeed

Started by inthemastershands, December 08, 2010, 06:41:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inthemastershands

Let me start by saying I'm a redhead from Texas and with my Mom being an Air Force officer and living on a working farm and hunting I thought I knew weapons.  Not so...turns out there is so much more than see that shoot it to actually learning the craft of shooting.  More on that in a moment though.  After marrying into a family of outdoors men and women who are retired Military and proficient in hunting and shooting we have a match made in heaven as far as I can see.  As far as the Apple Seeders go...the first time I ever heard of them or about them was when my now husbands brother came up to see us and was telling us about it and the CMP.  That was in 2008.  Life got in the way as it often does and the next time we talked about it my now husband was doing some searching online to find a place in our area to be able to shoot at as we recently lost the ability to shoot where we had been for years due to deer hunters.  He ran across the Apple Seed program and something clicked in the memory for both of us as the program his brother had mentioned  a couple years before that.  A few days later he mentioned they were having a shoot in Ramsur and did I want go...I said we will see; waited on him to go to bed, started doing some reading and signed us up that night.  After talking to his brother about the shoot we were going to we packed up bright and early on a Saturday with no food and enough gas and ammo to maybe last us a day and took off.  We get there and are greeted like family with a common in and here you go anything you need we've got it.  They understood we were sharing a bolt action .22 so they made arrangements  for us to be able to share on the line.  I hit the target once and once only and really wasn't aiming for it then.  That's okay though, I learned more that day than I've learned most of my life hunting and dealing with weapons.  It doesn't matter to me if I hit anything or not...it's about knowing who you are and where do you come from.  Do you have enough knowledge to share your countries history or just live day to day not knowing the real story of what happened to our leaders and people in 1776? I'm hooked on Apples.  I will be back.  Eventually I will shoot and get my patch.  Hopefully end up as an instructor some day.   I know my husband will be back too...we are already planning the next time we can get to Ramsur and say hey to everyone. 
By the way...if you see the lady in the bonnet and dress with an apron...don't hesitate to say hi and talk a minute. 
Be the kind of woman when your feet hit the floor in the mornin' the devil says "ut oh..shes up!"

SavageShootr

Inthemastershands. Welcome. Hope to see you one day.

"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

savagerabbit

Isn't it amazing??? I too thought I was at least an " adequate " shot but man alive!!! I stink on ice!! Lol. I can't wait until this weekend when I get a chance to improve my shot even more!!   Congratulations on lighting the fire!! Don't let it fizzle! :)
"What a triumph for our enemies..... to find that we are incapable of governing ourselves."  George Washington