News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

#3--How can we women encourage participation in Range Work days?

Started by vic303, November 01, 2009, 09:20:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vic303

Folks, I was asked to split out the 4 main questions I had originally posed into separate questions, so to better organize everyone's thoughts on a particular topic. Please post your replies to question #1 below.
Ladies, the title says it all--what CAN we do to improve participation in Project Appleseed?  I know we have some women IITs/Instructors etc, a fair number of AS attendees are women, Riflewoman does a TON of stuff, but what can you & I do?

3.  How can we reach more folks to participate in Range Work Days?

What suggestions do y'all have?  What ideas of your own are you willing to share here?

--Vicky

Jules

I am unsure of the question being asked. Do you want to know how to get more women involved in Appleseed while participating in Range work days?

I volunteer on my Range. Actually both BD and I do. They need people to help walk the line when the days are busy. We qualify for that, and are happy to do it. This is a good time to talk to couples about Appleseed. The more I put myself out there as an Appleseed member, the more questions are asked of me.

If you were asking how to get more women involved in Range Work Days, I can't answer that. Every Range has it's own needs and personality.

Jules
No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

mike4mayo

Range is being the matter of participation.The need of every range is different with respect to personality and all. :)

eaglescouter

Our range saw a surge in participation at range work days when they announced (in advance) that all attendees would be given free participation in a raffle.  The raffle item was a handgun that the club had won at a "friends of the NRA" event.  Tickets were handed out at the end of the work day and the drawing was done at that time.
Old Guy:  Do it long enough and you get really good at it.

Rifleman:  Sacramento:  Four Ought Nine
Full Distance:  Red Bluff:  What year was that?
Pistoleerâ„¢:  Hat Creek:  Three Twenty One

Make yourselves good scouts and good rifle shots in order to protect the women and children of your country if it should ever become necessary.
--Lord Baden-Powell
Scouting for Boys (1908)

savagerabbit

My experience with any gathering is that you have to do a few things:
#1- network network network. Get the information in as many hands as possible.
#2- specifically invite 4 times as many folks as you want to see arrive.  If you would like to see 25 folks show up, send "engraved invitations" to 100 people.
#3- create excitement.
#4- reinvite. Don't assume because you invited them that they'll come. Follow up.
"What a triumph for our enemies..... to find that we are incapable of governing ourselves."  George Washington

doubleLL

Quote from: savagerabbit on December 07, 2010, 10:40:39 AM
My experience with any gathering is that you have to do a few things:
#1- network network network. Get the information in as many hands as possible.
#2- specifically invite 4 times as many folks as you want to see arrive.  If you would like to see 25 folks show up, send "engraved invitations" to 100 people.
#3- create excitement.
#4- reinvite. Don't assume because you invited them that they'll come. Follow up.

I will add to the list:
5.) Food- I have noticed that our range here provides a lunch at our range days
6.) Be organized, assign people task prior to the event or have a list of task
7.) Keep it short- start in the morning and end after lunch
"Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien."
Davilla 3-10