News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

It's time for me to move on..................................

Started by B9, December 08, 2010, 03:20:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B9

My Friends,

At Appleseed we are to always be advancing ourselves and training our replacements.

For some time now Another D.O.M. (Mark) has been working with me as NY Assistant State Coordinator. Many of you know he has excelled at the position. I have asked him if he would take over as NY SC. I was one of the first people picked to be an SC back when the requirement was a warm body. There is an emotional attachment to the position. The more reluctant I am to give it up the more important it is that I do. I will continue to assist Mark (and all of you) in his duties and have put myself at his disposal for any task he needs done. (Overlord of kDanistan, maybe?) ;) I will also pursue SI status to further the NY goals.

Ed
B9
"It's very hard to engineer another countries liberation...people have to liberate themselves. Unfortunately in history, many people get killed..."
Medea Benjamin

techres

Quote from: B9 on December 08, 2010, 03:20:24 PM
My Friends,

At Appleseed we are to always be advancing ourselves and training our replacements.

Yep, and as one who has handed over a state himself, the person you brought up to replace you is gonna knock your socks off!  It will be hard to let them take the lead, but once you do, the state will become something greater than you built but only because of the foundation you hammered out in your time as SC.

Congrats on your hard work, and on your works to come.

Good job,
Techres
Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

nyrasgt

E/9,
   Yikes, and you looked so...normal @ BF AIBC...two reactions:
1)  thanks for everything you've done, most of which most of us are probably not aware of, and
2) I never really understood just how much you secretly hated Mark ADOM until now, when you gift him with...the Empire State for Christmas...don't think even Fred saw this one coming in the midst of piling on the compliments...most of which were deserved because of the efforts of youse guys...
But a sincere, "Sorry, Mark," is definitely in order...and we also know that Kris can shoot...even though she has now become the default Deputy SC...
Excelsior, gentlemen, congrats and be well,
mad
"Aim for a high mark and you will hit it.  No, not the first time, nor the second, and maybe not the third. But keep on aiming and keep on shooting,
for only practice will make you perfect.
Finally, you will hit the bulls-eye of success."
-Annie Oakley Butler
A Rifleman Persists
"Nemo me impune lacessit."  Montresor, via E. A. Poe, 1846

Josey Wales

....Well Done...

........Congratulations...........Another Dangerous Old Man....
...............Good Luck B9..........Strength & Honor.........

..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

sgtrock

Congratulations

Good Luck to both of you,, see you on the trail,,,

sgtrock

VietVet

Ed,
   First let me say thank you for what you've done for NY and Appleseed.
Although we're not losing you it does bring some sadness to our team here. We all know how hard you've worked and how difficult being a SC can be. You've handled that task well my friend. Stand proud.
I'm sure your efforts will not stop now, you'll continue on the Trail doing all you can do for us.

ADOM..Thank you for stepping up and taking on this task. I know you will succeed and carry on our mission.
We all know we're in good hands. Best of luck to you in this difficult and sometimes thankless assignment.

Thank you both for what you do and will continue to do.
                                    OUR
FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW!

lprgcfrank

Ed,
Well done!  You got me back in the program a couple years ago and got me to an IBC.  You are one of the stalwarts of the program in the Northeast -   

what do you mean kDanistan  it's B9istan!!!
"fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]

B9

Quote from: lprgcfrank on December 09, 2010, 07:26:00 PM

what do you mean kDanistan  it's B9istan!!!

SSHHH! It will be. The coup d'état comes later.  ;) :-X
"It's very hard to engineer another countries liberation...people have to liberate themselves. Unfortunately in history, many people get killed..."
Medea Benjamin

R1SGx2

I am saddened by Team Northeast /
New York Detachment - State Coordinators
departure in his position. B9 accomplishments
are so much to be proud of. Ed unified this State,
crossed State lines to seed in neighboring States.
B9, should there be any assistance I can render in
your endeavor to Senior Instructor you must not
hesitate to contact me.
The term "BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR,"
would apply when you took on the commitment
of state coordinator (long hours / no sleep / the Triple
Lindy at Saraspa / and never losing your smile when
times were tough). The seed was planted and with
your watering continues to grow. The AIBC reflected
it, 24 instructors in one room with a common goal
of total mission commitment. You made sure that at
no time was there an "I" in TEAM, and we continue
to Seed as one.
I guess I am saying THANK YOU. Looking forward
to seeing you on the trail and shaking your hand.
"Eyes of the Warrior - Always open"
"What's the weather got to do with it, lets go."
"Appleseed, where good people come together to save a nation."

B9

No need for anyone to tear their clothing just yet.
I am not going anywhere and certainly am not leaving the AS friends I have and will have.

There is a chance that ADOM will assign me a task of Team Coordinator, Training Coordinator, Mentor Support Coordinator or such.

I said once before that NY is better than when I got here. Not because of me but because of the people we have accumulated along the way.
:bow:

It would have been difficult for me to fail at NY SC as there was nothing before. ADOM won't have it so easy.
He is better at much of it than I and that is good for the program.
Medea Benjamin

kDan

Wait a minute...  Where are you going?  What does this mean?  Haven't we had enough disappearances lately?  And now you Ed, heading into the woods to live off of strawberries and sew your own clothes?  You god-damn HIPPIE!  I knew it.  But now what am I supposed to do?  Who do I call when I don't understand anything at all, or when somebody on the forum hurts my feelings?  Who's gonna make me feel better when SGTROCK yells at me?  HUH!?  Who can I blame when I totally screw up?  To whom do I turn when I decide I don't want to SB an event anymore?  Who's gonna wait with the car running while I steal beer from a hillbilly bar in the ozarks?  huh?  HUH!??!!  WHO, ED?!?

Mark, call me.  We need to talk.

"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout

Another D.O.M.

Quote from: kDan on December 12, 2010, 04:42:56 PMMark, call me.  We need to talk.
I'll need a cabinet position, none of this getting elected crap.  My own jet and a Blackhawk.  A North Lawn - I hate the view from the south.  And I get free parking anywhere in kDanistan.  Otherwise you're on your own.

Wait, this is off the record, right?
"Dark & difficult times lie ahead.  Soon we must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."  Dumbledore

gunville

Now I'm scared.... I sense conspiracy...

B9 has abdicated and ADOM is seizing tyrannical powers... (Did he abdicate, or does ADOM have pictures of B9 focusing on the REAR site?)

Sure, a blackhawk for the SC sounds pretty reasonable, (to me anyway - but I just finished reading Patriot)  but he'll want our guns next!!

Yes, that's right. Between ADOM and our new Governor some things have changed at NY appleseeds:

Next years Appleseeds will be limited to shooting spitballs (we won't relinquish the 4 MOA standard though - one must have standards.) Of course NY requires you to register your straws (except in NYC where they are banned entirely) and does not permit you to have a bayonet lug on your straw.  Civilians are limited to the smaller Burger King straws; the larger caliber McDonalds straws are restricted to LEO.

KDanistan is on the brink...

I think B9 just wants to shoot more.
-----------------------------
"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

KodyJaret

Healthy attiude Ed,,,interesting turn of events.  See you on the trail. O0