News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Louisiana's First Senior Instructor

Started by dragit, December 06, 2010, 01:09:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragit

I would like to congratulate Steve McPeek on becoming a Senior Instructor at the Davilla RBC in November.  I do not remember seeing it mentioned and he apparently is not going to admit to it.  Steve is well deserving and I believe more than one state has benefitted from his presence.  Thank you Steve for your dedication and hard work.  I am honored to know you and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Tommy
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.  Goethe

Sarah Belding: Be careful. You're a man who makes people afraid, and that's dangerous.
The Stranger: It's what people know about themselves inside that makes 'em afraid.

His genius was to promote collective action in the cause of freedom... Fischer

Western Rose

Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. - 2 Cor. 3:17

A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet.

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

Northwest Region Project Appleseed on Facebook

50th Appleseed
Appleseed: From Coast to Coast

GoldFish

Congratulations on the HUGE accomplishment!!! :bow:
"Freedom is preserved by those who die for it, but it will not survive unless people are willing to live for it."
-Boba Fett (The RWVA Instructor, not the Star Wars Bounty Hunter)

'Yes, I am a Rifleman, but I'm also a Ninja....and a Jedi.'

"Integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do."

"Remember, my opinion on the totem pole of life is somewhere below whale s***..." -Chris Costa

"The more you care about something, the deeper the fight will come from within."  -Travis Haley

42          ΙΧΘΥΣ           كافر           MOÉ...ΩN É...ABE         αδάμαÏ, 

Merc, Mr. Fishy, Goober, Achmed, Cornflake, FBC, Tabilasco, Mowhawk 1 Alpha

What we do in life echoes in Eternity

K98Al

Before we can defeat our external enemies, we must first meet and defeat everything in ourselves that is weak, lazy, and cowardly; everything in our character that is materialistic rather than spiritual, which seeks weak compromise and accommodation rather than struggle and victory.

starfox

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women,
when it dies there, no constitution, no law,
no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand

"Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon . . ." - Rorschach, The Watchmen.

Davilla 3-10

wesm

Congrats! Steven is an honorary Mississippian as well, so we are doubly proud of you!   O0
"Shame on the men who can court exemption from present trouble and expense at the price of their own posterity's liberty!" - Samuel Adams

AuntieBellum

"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

TruTenacity

"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

dart67eb

Ignorance may be bliss, but it's not a virtue.

spmcpeek

doubleLL

Congratulations Steve! You have worked hard to get there.
"Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien."
Davilla 3-10

SavageShootr

"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

alonso1

DoubleLL is right.  You have worked hard to get your SI.

You've done a great job, I've always had a good time working with you and you are the reason the Great State of Louisiana has Appleseed.

Well done O0

POP

Right on, Stephen.   :~ :~ :~ ^:)^
I'm proud to know you and work with you.
Appleseed and our great country are all the better for your efforts.   O0

And, thanks to you, too, dragit, for tootin Stephen McPeek's horn. 
He sure wouldn't do it himself.  Mr. Humble & unassuming as he is.

We are all proud to know you, Stephen.
POP
3 of 6
7 of 6
Davilla RBC 11-08, 2-09, 11-09, 11-10
Davilla IBC 4-10
Eureka KS RBC 7-10, 5-11
Osage Beach RBC 10-10
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
Waterman 300 9/11/10

I can explain it to you but, I cannot understand it for you.

I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the CHAINS. (Triskele)

LadyZipper

Grats! Steve you are always wonderful to work with and I learn something new every time we work together. I look forward to working with you again.

On a side note, I would never have made rifleman if it weren't for you telling me "The more of you that touches the ground the more stable you are, don't dig in your toe." You rock!

Sir Not Appearing In This Film

Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Attitudes are contagious. I hope mine is worth catching.

spitstickler

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."  -Thomas Edison

PHenry

Ya'll are kidding right? Congrats? Talk about blowing smoke! How about "Lo Siento Senior"! Surely ya'll been around here long enough to know that promotions are something to be feared and dreaded right? Be careful what u ask for - it's all IBCs, RBCs, and mucho mas trabajo para no dinero for Steve now - ouch! Before he knows it Fred will be calling more often and a gaggle of new IITs will be following him around and asking endless questions. 

Here' a more fitting comment assuming ya'll like poor Steve:

Dear Steve,
Please accept my heartfelt condolences on your recent promotion. I am sure you avoided it as long as possible, but it happens to the best of us eventually. All we can do is soldier on and try to recall the good old days now and again to fend off the depression that accompanies such tragedies. Know that you are in my thoughts and you do not suffer alone.
Your friend,
PHenry

There - somebody had to tell the truth!  :cool2:
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

AFTERMATH

QuoteDear Steve,
Please accept my heartfelt condolences on your recent promotion. I am sure you avoided it as long as possible, but it happens to the best of us eventually. All we can do is soldier on and try to recall the good old days now and again to fend off the depression that accompanies such tragedies. Know that you are in my thoughts and you do not suffer alone.
Your friend,
PHenry

There - somebody had to tell the truth! 

**) **) **) **) **)

+1

Aftermath
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

MeanStreaker

Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

Jerry Hall

^:)^  :wb:~~:)  ++)  :--- :--- :--- :--- :---

Dear Steve,
Your friend,
Jerry Hall
I just noticed the AAR and your designation, neat! :)O0
Honestly Steve, congratulations to the max!!! It was enlightening to watch the grind you were being put through in Davilla.
You are an excellent example of what is achieved by continually rising to the occasion!!!

Here's wishing you continued success in all your endeavors.

Till we meet again....Happy Trails....Jerry  :D
"The significant problems we face today cannot be solved with the same level of thinking that we were at when we created them. Albert Einstein."

"One Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."