News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Kane County Gun Show

Started by Ewald, December 01, 2010, 10:52:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ewald

Apologies for being out of the loop for a while.

I have been getting calls from the organizers of the Kane Sportsman's show. They want to know if we are in or out. The event is Sunday morning December 12th. That's right, it is the morning after Moose Jaw. Hey it wouldn't be the first time some of us worked that show after being out until 4 AM (and on Mother's Day to boot) >:D.

We do need to tell these folks one way or another. We were on the books with them for the October show and that fell through. I am willing to work it, but I can not currently stand for periods of time, or walk long distances.

Any volunteers?

Ewald

Thanks to M1D for coming out early on a nasty day the morning after Moose Jaw.

Several dealers didn't make the show due to weather, but the public did show. A great way to spend a morning promoting Appleseed!

The next show here is January 9. We are signed up and paid for one table. Send me a PM if anyone is interested in adding another table.

Pappy

Hello Group; Thanks to Ewald & M1D for there efforts on the Gun Show... There is room for every one to take a turn Whos up for the next one??? Pappy
Which has greater value?...... Ammo will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no ammo..

Ewald

Update: The next show in Kane County is Saturday, Feb 9. M1D and I are on deck.

We know these shows are ripe with future Appleseeders. These are our chances to reach them. We have two tables. There be plenty of room to do promotions. If you are interested send M1D or I a PM.

EEL

Ewald,

Better ck your dates.......Feb 9, 2011 is a Wednesday  :D
Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

Ewald

This SUNDAY, JANUARY 9th, is the next show at Kane County. See you all there.

(Moral of the story? Never post while watching the Bears play the Packers in January.)

M1D

Remind me to give some extra fliers to one of my friendly 'gun pushers' on Sunday.  I was in there today talking Appleseed and he needs and wants some for his counter.
"....with a firm reliance on the protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."
Our first Congressmen

"It is for us the living, rather, to be dedicated to the great task remaining before us....that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain-that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom-and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth."
A. Lincoln

"That's what we do.  We're Americans"
USN Corpsman

Ewald

Whoo, your reading my mind and its freaking me out man!  %)

In all seriousness, I just downloaded a list from BATF. There were 1,705 Type 1 FFLs (dealers & smiths) in Illinois as of October 2010. When we go to these shows we aren't just promoting to the public. These show are also a great way to network with those FFLs.

Ewald

The show here today was probably the best attended that I have seen since the post election 2008 madness. We sang the praises of Appleseed until horse and then banged the drum so more. It is especially gratifying to talk to entire families and see their faces light up.

Gravy dropped by added a new face member to our GS Promo Team. Awesome job dude! As always thanks to M1D for carrying the torch. A good time was had by all.

We are booked if full for a table at the next show February 13. Who's up for the next good time?

Gravy

Many tanks Ewald and M1D for letting me hang out and talk Appleseed! That was my first show and you guys did a great job showing me the ropes.   O0

This show was a lot of fun!  Not only did I get to meet all kinds of great people, but I really liked browsing through all the tables.  I felt like a kid in a candy store.  :---

I'm on board for the next show on the 13th. 

M1D

Excellent Show at Kane County today, very well attended, no empty tables, and very interested attendees.  Sometimes you just know you made headway and this was one of those days.  Even at other tables people wanted to talk about AS.  The enthusiasm of Gravy and Mountainman222  seemed to be rubbing off on the people they talked to.  A good day and well done.  Table is ours for next month.  See you there.
"....with a firm reliance on the protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."
Our first Congressmen

"It is for us the living, rather, to be dedicated to the great task remaining before us....that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain-that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom-and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth."
A. Lincoln

"That's what we do.  We're Americans"
USN Corpsman

Garand69

Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

Pappy

Hello Group; Very well done!!! There are many opportunity's to make the connection with (JonQPublicGunGuy-Gal).
We have a bit of a delema, this weekend there are THREE places we could be to promote this project in the state of ILLINOIS... We need folks at The deer and turkey classic, and the Peoria Gun show, and the Princeton Gun show. We have tables at each location, we have a group at the Deer and Turkey Classic - Peoria, We have ONE Fellow at The Peoria Illinois Gun Show, and We have One Fellow, at Princeton Illinois Gun Show...

Just so all of ya know these are the same fellows who have been at it all winter.

There are some out there who are shirking there 7th step responsibilites....

Folks, this only works if you are realy interested in making a difference!!!!!!!!

IF You, ( LIKE THE WAY THINGS ARE JUST SIT THERE, DOLITTLES) with your  Bucket (RUSTING AWAY) in your hands....

We need help with THESE SHOWS NOW!!!!!!!
Please PM me IF YOU can HELP>!!!!!
PAPPY
Which has greater value?...... Ammo will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no ammo..

Ewald

Wow, it seems we were just at this show. Another month has gone by, and it is time once again for the Kane County Gun Show! We have a table confirmed for this Sunday, April 10.

We need to hit this show hard. As of right now we have exactly one preregistered shooter for the Ottawa on Patriot weekend. Kane County is the perfect target market for filling the line at Ottawa.

The Gun show season in the Chicago area is winding down. After the next month there will not be shows in the collar counties until October. Our best window for promotions in this AO is closing for the season. Why is this important? Because the Chicago area is ground zero for what is happening in America. When we do shows in NE Illinois, we are taking the sword of Appleseed straight into the belly of the beast.

In December Garand69, Pappy, and EEL challenged all of us to spend one day a month seventh stepping.  Have you done your seventh step this month? Have you done it even once this year? Maybe you couldn't make it to the Deer and Turkey Classic. Maybe you were snowed in during the Blizaster. That's OK. If your in the Chicago area and need to do your day of seventh stepping, come on out.

Maybe your not to sure what promotions are all about. Maybe you feel some anxiety about singing the Appleseed song solo. Pappy and I will train you. Come on out.  Send us a PM. We will see you there.

Garand69

Well said Ewald O0

Well.... Who can help?
Garand69

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

Gumballhead

Well said indeed!

C'mon guys, who wants to help fill the lines?  I'd be there, but I'm working the Bonfield shoot.

So how about it?? ..:..

Karl

I'll be there. PM me on what time you would like me there. (Help set-up?)

Let me know if I need to bring anything, besides my magnetic personality and unequalled charm.  ;D
"corruptissima re publica plurimae leges."
"Si hoc legere potes nimium eruditionis habes."

mountainman2222

I can lend a hand again this weekend (Sunday April, 10) too at Kane Co..  Let me know if I can do anything more.  Maybe a wagon for Karl's charm? :cool2:  PM me with the details, if you can, or I will just show up at 07:30 - 08:00 ish. 
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.  Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  --Bejamin Franklin

Gumballhead

Thanks for stepping up fellas!

I know with Karl's good looks and unequivocally unequaled charm, we will have the lines filled for the next two years!  **) **)

Seriously, thanks for stepping up guys.  I'd be there if I could!

Ewald

Roger on that Gumballhead. Thanks for answering the call boys.

A PM will go out to the promo team later in the afternoon with details for Sunday. 

Ewald

Another Kane County GS is in the books. Many, many thanks to Mountianman2222 and Karl for coming out. They really carried the day. The great weather brought a good turn out. We again saw the high level of interest in Appleseed which we have come to expect at this show.

A lot of networking was done too. We now have several local custom shops sending out AS materials with their sales. The efforts by M1D and others with FFL relations in the area are bearing fruit. We also talked to several folks about banner adds on their business sites. Finally we had a brief local media contact. A full report will be sent to the Illinois leadership via PM.

We are signed for the next show here on May 7th. Traditionally that is the the final show of the gun show season in NE Illinois until October. Make your shopping lists for Mother's day. Come on out in May and stock up for summer.

Once again thanks to all. Oh, by the way, we already have plans for GS in promo in the works for next year!  :D

Garand69

Garand69

-Chester W. Nimitz

Ewald

Howdy kids! It's that time again for the Mother's Day Kane County Sportsman Show Extravaganza!  ^:)^

Well OK, maybe its not that extravagant. However this is the last major gun show in the Chicago western suburbs until October. Typically the May show at Kane County is when folks show up to "stock up" for the summer. Over two million people live within a 25 mile radius from here. This show is a great way to reach them.

The show is Sunday, May 8. Same time same place as always, Kane County Fair Grounds 7:30-13:00. Let's finish the year strong here. Shoot me a PM to join the team.

Ewald

Giving this a bump. The show is coming up on Sunday. I could use a partner in working the table.