News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Art of the Americas at MFA

Started by voidoid, December 01, 2010, 02:05:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

voidoid

Hi folks,

Boston's Museum of Fine Arts has recently opened a new wing- the Art of the Americas wing, featuring works from Ancient American through the 1970s.  It's a pretty incredible project, and the wing itself is larger than most medium-sized museums.  Each level covers a specific time period, and on the level for 18th-Century Art of the Colonial Americas and Early 19th-Century Art (Level 1), you will be pleased to find the portrait of Paul Revere by John Singleton Copley, featured on everyone's favorite book, Paul Revere's Ride.  Go take a peek!

Here's a link that includes the picture and several others from the gallery:

http://www.mfa.org/americas-wing/galleries_01.html

The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.
~George Washington

crak

They have his silverwork too.

If anybody cares, I can write up where you can find stuff that belonged to several of the people in our story.
Check your drama at the door.

lupis42

I'd be interested in knowing that.  I've heard about Pitcairns pistols and a few other things, but it'd be good to be able to point people to as well.
You can never be too rich, too good looking, or too well armed.