News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

A Good Idea

Started by Mr.Freedom, November 30, 2010, 06:57:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Freedom

Don't Ever Forget 9/11

I Pray Not For An Easy Life, But That I Become A Strong Person.

THESE are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph Thomas Paine

TruTenacity

O0

Which event was this?
"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

CortJestir

I'm of a different viewpoint. I tried this once. I had some nice maps taken from the National Parks Service printed up and laminated. While they looked all cool and very pro, I found that it took away from my story and turned it more into a lecture. I also found myself sweating the details more than you should when telling the story. To me, the Three Strikes are supposed to have that campfire feel. The maps don't really contribute to that, IMV.

At any rate, I think there is still value in having maps like these. You can use them after you tell the Three Strikes, say on Sunday or at the end of the day to engage the shooters more on the story or to illustrate specific points with more emphasis.

Just my $0.02...
CT Appleseed Facebook Page

"I hate quotations. Tell me what you know." - Ralph Waldo Emerson :D

Mr.Freedom

Don't Ever Forget 9/11

I Pray Not For An Easy Life, But That I Become A Strong Person.

THESE are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph Thomas Paine