News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AR500 Steel D-Targets

Started by Aromatic, November 29, 2010, 10:39:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PHenry

QuoteBTW the IL crew shot the new steel D's in a steady snow at the end of the IBC Jan 15-17 at 400 yds the snow in the air all but obscured the targets but we still got some hits and had a fine time

Man, them "yankees" have grit!  O0
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

George63

In FL the grit is all in the rifles from the blowing sand

PHenry

Have pics to prove that statement!
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

Aromatic

Hi Everyone,

I am going to take the last group of targets to the post office tomorrow.  Some of the targets I hoped to ship last week were delayed due to my work schedule not aligning with the shrinking post office hours.

ID_Hezekiah

Quote from: Aromatic on January 24, 2011, 03:41:26 PM
Hi Everyone,

I am going to take the last group of targets to the post office tomorrow.  Some of the targets I hoped to ship last week were delayed due to my work schedule not aligning with the shrinking post office hours.

Glad to hear there are a few still to ship - I hope mine are in that group, I was starting to get a little worried they were lost in the mail.  Thanks again, Aromatic.
The British learned to dread the frequent appearances of this dire rider at unexpected points along the route of their passage, for his aim was true, and the economical principles in which he was trained forbade his wasting powder and ball.

Cooper

Quote from: ID_Hezekiah on January 24, 2011, 11:42:25 PM
Quote from: Aromatic on January 24, 2011, 03:41:26 PM
Hi Everyone,

Glad to hear there are a few still to ship - I hope mine are in that group, I was starting to get a little worried they were lost in the mail.  Thanks again, Aromatic.

ID_Hez,

If yours gets lost, I will send you one.
"Be not afraid, for our cause is just and Providence shall surely watch closely over us."

Coop
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim

Aromatic

All targets are in the mail ~~:).  I appreciated everyone's patients.

Also, thanks to those that included extra $ for shipping  O0.

spmcpeek

Nick,

Thanks for all your effort in doing this group buy.  The targets are Great!

Taylor

I'm really regretting that I missed out on this. Any possibility you'll be doing it again? Thanks.
Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

"Let Freedom never perish in your hands."
-Joseph Addison

George63

Quote from: Taylor on January 25, 2011, 07:46:09 PM
I'm really regretting that I missed out on this. Any possibility you'll be doing it again? Thanks.
anyone can set up a buy with bobcat steel, he will answer PM's and is a great business to work with

ID_Hezekiah

Quote from: Cooper on January 24, 2011, 11:53:01 PM

ID_Hez,

"Be not afraid, for our cause is just and Providence shall surely watch closely over us."

Coop

Thanks for the offer, Cooper, but maybe my two will show up shortly.
The British learned to dread the frequent appearances of this dire rider at unexpected points along the route of their passage, for his aim was true, and the economical principles in which he was trained forbade his wasting powder and ball.

Aromatic

They should show up in the next few days ID.

Jerry Hall

Howdy All,

Mine showed up on Sat. night. Been showin them around...well liked.
Will be putting them to the fire on Sunday, currently slated for the 500 and 600 yd marks.

Thanks Nick, for all your hard work and dedication!!!

Jerry
"The significant problems we face today cannot be solved with the same level of thinking that we were at when we created them. Albert Einstein."

"One Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Aromatic

Thanks for the update Jerry and for participating in the group buy.  All of the West coast targets should have arrived.  Still waiting to hear from the New Englanders.

Cooper

Quote from: ID_Hezekiah on January 26, 2011, 12:36:51 AM
ID_Hez,
Coop
Thanks for the offer, Cooper, but maybe my two will show up shortly.

Have your targets arrived?
Coop
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.

ID_Hezekiah

Quote from: Cooper on February 02, 2011, 12:01:49 PM
Quote from: ID_Hezekiah on January 26, 2011, 12:36:51 AM
Have your targets arrived?
Coop

No sign of them yet.  I'm hoping they will show up by the end of the week.  I got a parcel delivery notice yesterday, signed it and put in back in the box, but it was a pair of no-flat handtruck tires that I had coming from elsewhere.

Cooper

Quote from: ID_Hezekiah on February 02, 2011, 09:30:01 PM
No sign of them yet.  I'm hoping they will show up by the end of the week.  I got a parcel delivery notice yesterday, signed it and put in back in the box, but it was a pair of no-flat handtruck tires that I had coming from elsewhere.

If they haven't arrived by Monday, Feb 7 I'm sending you one of mine.  PM me with a shipping address.  Appleseeders take care of their own.

Coop

ID_Hezekiah

Quote from: Cooper on February 02, 2011, 11:19:20 PM
Quote from: ID_Hezekiah on February 02, 2011, 09:30:01 PM

If they haven't arrived by Monday, Feb 7 I'm sending you one of mine.  PM me with a shipping address.  Appleseeders take care of their own.

Coop

No worries, Coop.  I found two excellent D silhouettes bolted together standing against the wall by my front door this evening. ^:)^

They are heavy! :o I guess I'll have to give my rural carrier a couple bucks in the Christmas card this year.  Good thing I didn't order 5 like I had originally thought that I might! ;)

Thanks for all your efforts to make this happen Aromatic! :bow:

Cooper

Quote from: ID_Hezekiah on February 03, 2011, 09:40:31 PM
No worries, Coop.  I found two excellent D silhouettes bolted together standing against the wall by my front door this evening. ^:)^

Hooah!
Never was a worry, just a potential AIO situation...
They are about 33lbs each, so I concur that a Christmas bonus will be in order...

Coop

Aromatic

OK, I think everyone has received their targets.  If not, please send me a PM.

I look forward to some pictures of these in action  :~  :---

Jerry Hall

Howdy All,

Bang'd them gongs at 500 &600 last weekend, .308's & 30-06 just leave a smudge on them.
Don't know if you can make it out on the right of the square steel, the square is railroad tie plate and still dents @ 500yds.

Neat stuff!!!

Jerry
"The significant problems we face today cannot be solved with the same level of thinking that we were at when we created them. Albert Einstein."

"One Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

JustJeff

Quote from: Jerry Hall on February 09, 2011, 11:44:37 PM
Howdy All,

Bang'd them gongs at 500 &600 last weekend, .308's & 30-06 just leave a smudge on them.
Don't know if you can make it out on the right of the square steel, the square is railroad tie plate and still dents @ 500yds.

Neat stuff!!!

Jerry
sweet  O0
Your version of "ineffective" does not necessarily reflect the truth....
Having been "ineffectively" taught to the Rifleman Standard and having been "ineffectively" taught to teach others to the Rifleman Standard, I believe I prefer the "ineffective" over the other choice.

Bobcat Steel

not sure why, but I hadn't been getting notifications of the replies in here....

Glad everything is working out for everyone! If anyone missed out or if anyone needs some more, let me know. We can either get another buy going or just run them as needed. I do have more of the Stage One AQTs  back on the shelf again for those of you who wanted some of those.

Thanks again everyone for participating :bow:

Aromatic

A bump for Bobcatsteel's new website.

It looks like the D-targets (scaled down) are a regular item and he is now offering mounting solutions for them.   O0

http://bobcatsteel.com/?wpsc-product=aqt-stage-1

JustJeff

Quote from: Aromatic on April 21, 2011, 11:29:51 PM
A bump for Bobcatsteel's new website.

It looks like the D-targets (scaled down) are a regular item and he is now offering mounting solutions for them.   O0

http://bobcatsteel.com/?wpsc-product=aqt-stage-1
Thanks, added it to my desktop just in case I come into a few spare FRN.....
Your version of "ineffective" does not necessarily reflect the truth....
Having been "ineffectively" taught to the Rifleman Standard and having been "ineffectively" taught to teach others to the Rifleman Standard, I believe I prefer the "ineffective" over the other choice.

Bobcat Steel

Thanks for the bump!!

I am actually in the process of building another nest of targets this weekend. If anyone needs anything that isn't stocked, or missed out on the D-targets, I am in a perfect position to cut some more up on a short time frame.

Let me know if interested!

Also, still waiting on some pictures of the D-targets in use. Anyone have anything?

Cooper

thanks for the bump!
Just ordered some little guys for variety...
I'll have some pix of the D-targets in use after Spring actually arrives in MN, the damn snow stops returning and the ground dries out enough for me to go and post the targets!!!

Coop

Bobcat Steel

Quote from: Cooper on April 22, 2011, 12:28:20 AM
thanks for the bump!
Just ordered some little guys for variety...
I'll have some pix of the D-targets in use after Spring actually arrives in MN, the damn snow stops returning and the ground dries out enough for me to go and post the targets!!!

Coop

I just got the notification. Thanks! :bow:
I'll send you an official invoice here in a second.

Bobcat Steel

dragit

Ah, that walker is nice if you have open space, and I do!  How much for shipping to TX, 78130?

Tommy
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.  Goethe

Sarah Belding: Be careful. You're a man who makes people afraid, and that's dangerous.
The Stranger: It's what people know about themselves inside that makes 'em afraid.

His genius was to promote collective action in the cause of freedom... Fischer