News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

BORDER RAID TO LACROSSE!!!

Started by Patriot Gal, November 27, 2010, 03:01:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patriot Gal

Ok Fellow Appleseeders!  Here is a splendid opportunity to do one last border raid up to our sister state Wisconsin. 

Additionally, they are offering a KD opportunity to boot ! (yes, bring your boots, it will be cool/cold). lol

Hope to see some more of us Illinoisians in the Northern regions!!!
We can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for all you do for Appleseed everybody!
Patriot Gal

Here is a post from Old Glory to help promote this shoot.

QuoteHello Fellow Appleseeders,
Hoping you can help us promote the LaCrosse Appleseed this week.  There is room for 27 more at this time.

Please check out this thread for some suggestions for promotion.
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=18777.msg151025#msg151025

You probably have some pretty good ideas yourself on how to bring a couple more people to the line.   

Thanks for your help!

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be denied the use of arms"
~Thomas Jefferson

"If not us, then who; if not now, then when."
~President Ronald Reagan

Castle Mountain

It may be colder than a witches nose on the shaddy side of an iceberg
but come one and come all to the Wisconsin deep freeze Winterseed 2010.

Show what yer made of ye wimps.  Racine and Davilla Tx caused my teeth to
go into automatic click mode. Got to try it just once more. I will be dressed for
it this time that is for sure. Think I will wear my snow cammo :)
When its tough to get going the tough get going eh? ::)

Going to try for that distance patch! O0

Bring a friend or several friends and let them EXPERIENCE THE REBIRTH
Of MARKSMANSHIP & THEIR AMERICAN HERITAGE

Check out the pomotion below in word RTF format

Cheers,,

CM

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam- will find a way or I will make one".
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."  one who has not qualified himself with the M-16 may not be considered to be a responsible citizen."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

"Terrorism is the best political weapon, for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."
-- Adolf Hitler (1889-1945) German Nazi Dictator

"Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in

George63

anyone who wants to ride with PM me

Old Glory!

Sister-State O0 

LaCrosse - Be ready to drool.  This is in one of the most scenic spots in WI. 

There is a nice mom and pop hotel in Stoddard - OR - there is an area at the range for those who might brave winter camping.  If anyone is interested, we would need to contact "Professor Gun" to clear it with the club and make arrangements. 

"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

Old Glory!

O0

:---                                                         >(

There....that's eight students on the line.   Let's get 27 more on the line.     8)
"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

ataboy1003

sounds like fun...I had a blast at the Nov. 20-21 AS at the ISRA range.  I've never trained for long distance (relatively speaking) rifle training, and I found it very challenging.  I'm looking forward to next year and hopefully will bring a friend.  Anyway, I know I was supposed to speak to "rifle lady?" due to get a refund because I was double registered.  However, I'm having trouble locating her on the site.  Can you help?  Many thanks!!!!

D Wall

JustJeff

Quote from: ataboy1003 on December 16, 2010, 05:36:08 PM
  Anyway, I know I was supposed to speak to "rifle lady?" due to get a refund because I was double registered.  However, I'm having trouble locating her on the site.  Can you help?  Many thanks!!!!

D Wall
Methinks you're meaning "RifleWoman"
Your version of "ineffective" does not necessarily reflect the truth....
Having been "ineffectively" taught to the Rifleman Standard and having been "ineffectively" taught to teach others to the Rifleman Standard, I believe I prefer the "ineffective" over the other choice.

colycat

You can just send an email to the main RWVA email address.

Quote from: JustJeff on December 16, 2010, 06:08:43 PM
Quote from: ataboy1003 on December 16, 2010, 05:36:08 PM
  Anyway, I know I was supposed to speak to "rifle lady?" due to get a refund because I was double registered.  However, I'm having trouble locating her on the site.  Can you help?  Many thanks!!!!

D Wall
Methinks you're meaning "RifleWoman"
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine