News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

April and our SCTP chefs

Started by AZOpie, November 26, 2010, 12:45:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOpie

Following please find a note from our first 5 registrants for the Buckeye April shoot.

Hi John ~

I hope this email finds you well and truly stuffed after enjoying a wonderful Thanksgiving.  It was a pleasure to serve lunch to your class, and the lunchtime presentation was quite interesting.  

You'll have 5 new students for the Appleseed program in April of 2011.  My wife checked out the Appleseed website after I told her about your class, and today she told me that our Christmas present to each other should be for us to attend one of the classes together.  We talked to Greg and his family about it at dinner today, and he, his wife and his daughter will also be attending.

See you at the range!

Len

From AZO:
:bow: :bow: :bow:

JustJeff

O0  ^-^  don't forget to "set the hook" before you begin to reel them in....
I love the fact that 'minimal exposure' to Appleseed is all it usually takes to get them to come or plant the seed in their minds.
Your version of "ineffective" does not necessarily reflect the truth....
Having been "ineffectively" taught to the Rifleman Standard and having been "ineffectively" taught to teach others to the Rifleman Standard, I believe I prefer the "ineffective" over the other choice.

AZbinary

I think that may have been Trekker's OUTSTANDING first strike!
"Not Last!" -AZ AWW 2011

lysander6

Trekker will be the Strike Salesman of the Year...
Gun control is mind control.

" Of every One-Hundred men, Ten shouldn't even be there,
Eighty are nothing but targets,
Nine are real fighters...
We are lucky to have them...They make the battle,
Ah, but the One, One of them is a Warrior...
and He will bring the others back."

- Heraclitus (circa 500 BC)

My Blog:  http://zerogov.com/

On Appleseed sabbatical since 2012...

Len in PHoenix

No worries Jeff....the hook was set just fine.  All 5 of us attended the April 16-17 Appleseed in Buckeye.  Only one Rifleman patch for our little sub-group, but we'll be back - with more friends!  Y'all have also picked up a bit more advertising.  Our group contained two Scholastic Clay Target Program coaches and one SCTP shooter, and you can be sure that we'll spread the word about this other sport where the targets don't move. 

Now you guys need to come play with us on the shotgun range.........hint hint.   ^-^

Len in PHoenix
Rifleman

psullivan

Thank you guys very much.  I had so much fun.  At first I wasn't to sure, this was more shooting than I have ever done. My goal was not to give up, like many of the old men and women in that time. Next time I plan on coming home with a patch, can't let Len be the only one in the house with one.
Again thanks for your time and service......

Pam

JustJeff

Quote from: Len in PHoenix on April 17, 2011, 09:52:27 PM
No worries Jeff....the hook was set just fine.  All 5 of us attended the April 16-17 Appleseed in Buckeye.  Only one Rifleman patch for our little sub-group, but we'll be back - with more friends!  Y'all have also picked up a bit more advertising.  Our group contained two Scholastic Clay Target Program coaches and one SCTP shooter, and you can be sure that we'll spread the word about this other sport where the targets don't move. 

Now you guys need to come play with us on the shotgun range.........hint hint.   ^-^

Len in PHoenix
Rifleman
O0  (we really really need a 'saluting' smiley)
Your version of "ineffective" does not necessarily reflect the truth....
Having been "ineffectively" taught to the Rifleman Standard and having been "ineffectively" taught to teach others to the Rifleman Standard, I believe I prefer the "ineffective" over the other choice.