News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Nice Thanksgiving Present to all AS Red Hat Instructors

Started by nyrasgt, November 24, 2010, 06:37:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nyrasgt

Ladies and Gentlemen,
   Santa came early this year; as of tonight, not only can all RH Instructors purchase Ruger firearms through their
Instructor Purchase Program @ appx. 1/3 off MSRP (and I am well aware that diligent and frugal research can sometimes find even better bargains - so your mileage may vary), but  RHIs are now eligible to participate in the Henry Repeating Arms Company's Instructor Purchase Program as well, per an email received from company President Anthony Imperato (the President of Henry answers ALL emails sent to the company HIMSELF -  really [try it]).
    All I can say is:  "Ho, ho, ho...meeeeeeerrrrrrrryyyyyy Chriiiiiisssstttmmmaaaasssss." You've been very good, and you deserve this - and more (working on Smith and Wesson next).  And,
Excelsior,
madMark
"Aim for a high mark and you will hit it.  No, not the first time, nor the second, and maybe not the third. But keep on aiming and keep on shooting,
for only practice will make you perfect.
Finally, you will hit the bulls-eye of success."
-Annie Oakley Butler
A Rifleman Persists
"Nemo me impune lacessit."  Montresor, via E. A. Poe, 1846

The Log

"The future belongs to those that show up." - hawkhavn

TaosGlock

89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

EZ3

My contact at Ruger for a purchase our NRA instructor group is making is ldeprofio@Ruger.com.  As of the end of Sept. the prices on the attachment were still current, though they may be adjusted if the program is offered again next year.
"You can't teach Liberty by practicing tyranny." -  Mr. Happy

nyrasgt

Follow up nuts and bolts...specifics of Henry Instructor Purchase:
 Henry requires the following, pretty much the same as Ruger:
1)  copy of the Henry Instructors ConfidentialPrice Sheet 2010,
2)  copy of Instructor's ID card,
3)  photocopy of FFL signed by the dealer (to whom the purchase(s) will be sent, and
4)  Payment:  personal check, business check, money order, or credit card info (Visa, MC, Amex).
  Henry, like Ruger, lists specific rifles on the CPS, BUT my experience has been that if you ask, President Imperato
  will give permission for the purchase of pretty much anything Henry makes (just as Ruger does - if you ask)-how
  I acquired Golden Boy and AR7 (neither on "official" list).
Let the games begin.
Excelsior,
madMark
"Aim for a high mark and you will hit it.  No, not the first time, nor the second, and maybe not the third. But keep on aiming and keep on shooting,
-Annie Oakley Butler
A Rifleman Persists

desertrat144

"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond it's limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves." - President Ronald Wilson Reagan

Boba Fett

Quote from: nyrasgt on November 24, 2010, 07:04:23 PM
Follow up nuts and bolts...specifics of Henry Instructor Purchase:
 Henry requires the following, pretty much the same as Ruger:
1)  copy of the Henry Instructors ConfidentialPrice Sheet 2010,
2)  copy of Instructor's ID card,
3)  photocopy of FFL signed by the dealer (to whom the purchase(s) will be sent, and
4)  Payment:  personal check, business check, money order, or credit card info (Visa, MC, Amex).
  Henry, like Ruger, lists specific rifles on the CPS, BUT my experience has been that if you ask, President Imperato
  will give permission for the purchase of pretty much anything Henry makes (just as Ruger does - if you ask)-how
  I acquired Golden Boy and AR7 (neither on "official" list).
Let the games begin.
Excelsior,
madMark

And where might we find this "Henry Instructors ConfidentialPrice Sheet 2010"?  :cool2:

Thanks!  O0
Boba

vernic82

The amazing thing is these prices are less than even an FFL can get these for. 

I just checked the Ruger prices listed against 3 of my wholesalers websites, Jerry's, Ellett Bros & Zanders.

So if you can find it for less it's a loss leader for that dealer.

Either way, it probably means more $ in the manufacturers pocket and better for AS Instructors and students.
"To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child. For what is the worth of human life, unless it is woven into the life of our ancestors by the records of history?"
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
~ Harlan Ellison

"Yeah well, that's just, ya know, like, your opinion, man."
- The Dude

ThaiFighter

"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people."

-GBS

Proud to be funding TG and BF's retirement account... ;)

vernic82

WOW!  These Henry's are $20-$30 under wholesale cost!  I better start buying direct!
"To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child. For what is the worth of human life, unless it is woven into the life of our ancestors by the records of history?"
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
~ Harlan Ellison

"Yeah well, that's just, ya know, like, your opinion, man."
- The Dude

nyrasgt

TOLD you RHIs that you'd been good and deserving...
   Keep in mind that in the case of both Ruger and Henry (boy, do you ever neeeeeeeeed those two catalogs now) instructors can request anything they make...Ruger will simply sell you anything, and in the case of Henry, an email to the company will engender a response from Mr. Imperato, who will tell you that they will make an exception to the program, and to write in whatever it is that you want - and give you a price on it (or them).  When ordering from Henry, they will also send you (usually) a case of current Henry catalogs along with a single sheet Henry Safety Rules and a Henry plastic banner.  Such a deal...
   Have not tried Henry on their more exotic offerings (the BSA Commems, etc.) but have received 2 exceptions for purchase of pair of Golden Boys and pair of AR7s (currently being worked on to add sling for AS use).  Have both long (10-22s) and short guns (SP101, 9mm, Blackhawk Convert 357/9mm) from Ruger.
   Paraord and Smith next in the sights...
Excelsior,
madMark
-Annie Oakley Butler
A Rifleman Persists

RifleWoman

Actually, we've had that all along.   :-[  I'm sure I posted the letter we got from him about 2 years ago.  But it's good to know we've still got it and to remind everybody.

My letter was dated Oct 2009,  I wonder if it was posted on the old forum and not this new one?  We should put these offers in a place where they will be easily found.
Many hands make light work and easy bailing.