News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Riley, IN, Thanksgiving Weekend: Clear and Cold! :)

Started by Gordon, November 24, 2010, 09:12:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gordon

Forecast: Clear & cold. And I hear the camping at this site is real nice. I can't wait.  :)

Re. the camping: I also heard that it's a bit aways from the clubhouse. Any special directions? I'll be arriving well after dark. If anyone has or can easily get the exact GPS for the campsites, I'd appreciate it. Google Earth makes this easy if you know what you're looking at. The EIP gives 39.3903, -87.3207 which is clearly the driveway for the clubhouse. If you know where the campsite is and mouse-over it, you can read the coords at the bottom of the screen.

From the google-earth photo I have a guess as to where the firing line will be, and if I'm right then it faces south. Hmmm .... Bright sun, low in the sky, right in front of the shooters' eyes --- hmmm: may need to improvise some field expedient sight hoods.

Anyhow, yeah, 'can't wait! And thanks in advance for hints on how to find the campsite.
-FM

techres

Camping is allowed between the clubhouse and the road.  There is a second site down the hill and next to a small lake, but that is probably not the best given the likelyhood of snow.

BTW: Snow is in the forecast which means those new patches are gonna be in play!

Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

Gordon

Hi TR:

Likelihood of snow? Well I'll do my best to be prepared for anything but "The Weather Underground" (not what you may think!) is usually very accurate, and, they predict clear skies. http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=Riley,%20IN&wuSelect=WEATHER

Thanks for the info on the campsite. The "down the hill and next to a small lake, is that, like, right behind and to the west of the clubhouse?
-FM

Bill 3

I like the camping down the hill but make sure your vehicle will get you back up....  Still have a few scratches on the truck.  Riley is a good range to be at!

Disclaimer - The site by the lake appears to be more sheltered from the wind and weather.  Trust me - it is not!
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Samuel Clemens
"...that any man who yields up his liberty, in however slight the measure, is bound to become a slave." -- H.L. Mencken
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
"...we have the choice to pursue, in the course of our life, one of two sets of principles - either the principles of power and privilege or the principles of truth and justice. If you pursue truth and justice it will always mean a diminution of your power and privilege. If you pursue power and privilege it will always be at the expense of truth and justice."
The forum is but a blank slate that records what we type.  If it sucks, why is that?  Anyone have an extra mirror for people?