News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ridgecrest, CA Nov 20-21

Started by DesertDog, November 22, 2010, 04:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DesertDog

Another great weekend at Sage Pistol and Rifle Range!!

Sat started off with 13 shooters, 5 were friends of mine who had been to previous Appleseeds.  After the Redcoat and the standard course of instruction, we saw marksmanship improve greatly.  Cold, windy and sometimes rainy weather prevented us from getting in an AQT that day.  However the Redcoat scores improved greatly as you can see below.

Sun saw the attendance drop to 8. as the weather was a little colder, windier and rainier.  We got into the AQT grind by lunch but ,unfortunately, no Rifleman were made.  But again, marksmanship improved greatly.  Paul was in the 190's with his M1A.  Rochelle, with some 1 on 1 with NewMOE, got 45 on her final Stage 4.  Her best Stage 4 score by far in 3 AS's.

We also had a couple of competitive strings of fire.  The first one was a "Kill the TV" contest with the winner getting an Appleseed patch.  Tim, Rochelle and Cameron (Rochelle's daughter) tied and we went to a shootoff.  Rochelle and Cam tied again and Cam won the finale.  Then we did a team start shoot with Rochelle and Cameron beating all the guys :~ :~

Red Coat numbers; 

100    200   300   400   HS         0hits     Cleared

Saturday AM             3          1       0        0       1          9              0
Saturday PM             4          4       1        1       3          1              0
Sunday AM                1          2       1        0       0          4              0
Sunday PM                1          2       3        1       3          0              1 (Cam the Child Sniper )

Here are a few pics, I'm sure Laylo and NewMOE will add more

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what's for lunch.....Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.

Boondock saint

I almost got my rifleman's patch and orange hats just 3 points shy  :wb: but there are more appleseeds i can go to MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! I think my parents have created a monster..... oh well  **) By the way Erik i just wanted to say thanks for letting me stay at your house. It was a lot of fun so thanks again   :~ :~
"And Shepherds we shall be For thee, my Lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."