News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ruidoso NM Gun Show ARR

Started by oladcock, November 21, 2010, 09:24:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oladcock

Strawberry Roan, SamD, and myself spent Saturday and today at the show. Pretty low turn out according to vendors but we chatted with 100 or so folks. Handed out flyers, targets, and our best foot forward. A few seemed interested enough to attend a shoot at some point. We've got a lead and tentative dates to put on a shoot in Ruidoso on July 2nd and 3rd. Ought to be a good one. We'll need to push this one in Texas as well since 4 out of 5 in town will be sporting Texas plates! :) I'll get it on the schedule as soon as I can. Overall we had a good time visiting with folks and only time will tell what crop it'll grow........O.L.
"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato 400BC

President Roswell Gun Club
AQT 246
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
IBC 2018
KD Ft. Bliss Tx. 214  2019
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx
Alamogordo NM
Alburquerque NM
41 Lead Farm Tx

TaosGlock

Good job OL, SR and Sam! O0
Attendance was low at the show last month at Dickerson's. But last weeks LC shoot had about 25% of shooters who attended because of the show.
I will schedule a shoot here shortly after the Feb. 19-20, 2011 gun show next year.
89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

JustJeff

hmmm, I thought Norm was going to show up for table duty today... I guess he had to stay behind at Church.

Sign me up for that July shoot in Ruidoso, I should be able to clear my schedule that far out :D
Your version of "ineffective" does not necessarily reflect the truth....
Having been "ineffectively" taught to the Rifleman Standard and having been "ineffectively" taught to teach others to the Rifleman Standard, I believe I prefer the "ineffective" over the other choice.

SamD

I took a survey at the Ruidoso (Pop 7698) gun show this weekend,got some interesting stats.
In this little town in Lincoln county, Pop 19, 411 we have the following residents.

There are 4 Special Forces guys, 5 snipers of unspecified affiliation, 1 Force Recon Marine, and 3 SWAT Instructors who "get paid $60 an hour" for teaching that stuff and 13 people who "already shoot better than that" so I recon people need to walk lightly when traversing Lincoln County.

Just thought you all might like to know that information.

Sam

oladcock

Yep, Norm was there, I just thought he was being friendly and visiting! LOL  We did put him to work and fine work he did! :)...O.L.
"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato 400BC

President Roswell Gun Club
AQT 246
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
IBC 2018
KD Ft. Bliss Tx. 214  2019
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx