News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Hubertus, WI Nov 20 2010

Started by JoeZ, November 20, 2010, 09:00:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeZ

Hello all and thanks for coming out. We eventually had 12 shooters on the line and so I had to pretty much draft Lady Vetch into instructing when she wanted to shoot most of the day so thanks to her and Trisha too helped out. We had one shooter hit riflegirl score, congrats to Denise, one of the Apppleseed 101 students. I didn't want to call it a winterseed at first but by the time we shot the AQT's frost was forming on the shooting blanket and the breeze picked up a bit. Stay tuned for some pics.

JoeZ
"What is she, that cometh forth as the morning rising, fair as the Moon, elect as the sun, terrible as the army of a camp set in array?" Canticle of Canticles 6:9

Trisha

I had a wonderful time, thanks JoeZ and shooterer! This was the first time coming back to an Appleseed even since I had Molly almost two months ago, and I am really glad I chose to go. I was able to reconfirm my Rifleman score and got a chance to shoot my AR. The weather was decent when the sun was high, but when it started to dip, it started to feel very cold, so I am very impressed that all the shooters who were there, stayed there the whole time and didn't feel they needed to leave early.

I would like to give a special thanks to Shooterer for helping my friend Brook, she commented on how you were able to come by her and help her when her gun was acting up or when she needed just that little extra help to get going, so thank you. I also would like to thank you for helping me search for my phone even though it wasn't even on the ground!! Ug! I hope to see you on the trail soon!

JoeZ it was great to see you again, and as always you ran a wonderful Appleseed, I always know I can enjoy myself when you are the Shootboss.

Great job everyone!! I hope everyone is able to make it back to another Appleseed really soon!!

Old Glory!

WHAT??!!?  

You had an Appleseed on the OPENING DAY OF DEERHUNTING??!?!?!!  

In WISCONSIN?

And there were 12 people there?  

What's next?  An Appleseed on a Sunday when the Packers are playing the Vikings?    Oh wait.......... **)
Isn't there an Appleseed in Racine today?   O0

Honoring and remembering April 19, 1775.  

Trisha  O0  
Brooke, congrats on your second Appleseed this year.  Keep dryfire practicing and you will pass that 180's plateau next time.   

Nice work everyone.     Maybe some of the other students will chime in here and comment.  

"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

jnj3

This was our first Appleseed, and I doubt it will be our last.  I had been hearing about these for some time, but was having trouble finding a time when one son was home from college, and the other wasn't busy.  This was the weekend! and the great weather made it that much better.  It was a two hour drive for us, so the one day shoot worked out well.  JoeZ made this a great introduction to what a fun shoot program this is.  He appears to have a lot going at home, and for him to take the time for this....I thank him.

We do go shooting frequently and read about techniques to improve our accuracy, but this weekend tied it all together for us.  Everything came together....with lots of practice to come.  There is nothing like having people around you that know much more than you, who can and are willing to share it for your improvement.  The deer targets were a nice touch on this particular weekend.

Jake had problems with his rifle, but everyone there was more than happy to help him out.  He did not shoot as well as he typically does, but he decided to have fun and make the best of it......a good attitude, and I was happy to see that on his part. 
Josh felt that he learned a lot, and is ready to go out and put this new found info to use.  We shot in a fashion that we don't normally, and a change keeps it interesting.   

Thanks for a great time!

Marty, Jake and Josh

Muskyjerk

Glad to hear everyone enjoyed themselves.

standing by for pics :)

See you in December.... I will bring the Jerky

Johnnyappleseed

Jnj3---welcome aboard and TY for your input  O0
We often say being a Rifleman is a journey ,not a goal ---If these rifles only knew how good we are  ;D
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

JoeZ

Quote from: Old Glory! on November 21, 2010, 11:07:24 AM
WHAT??!!?   

You had an Appleseed on the OPENING DAY OF DEERHUNTING??!?!?!! 

In WISCONSIN?

And there were 12 people there?   

What's next?  An Appleseed on a Sunday when the Packers are playing the Vikings?    Oh wait.......... **)
Isn't there an Appleseed in Racine today?   O0

Honoring and remembering April 19, 1775. 

Trisha  O0 
Brooke, congrats on your second Appleseed this year.  Keep dryfire practicing and you will pass that 180's plateau next time.   

Nice work everyone.     Maybe some of the other students will chime in here and comment. 

Actually, we had an Appleseed AND went deer hunting. What's that you say...pics or it didn't happen?

We taught ethical hunting as the shooters could engage a whitetail at 200, 300, or 350 yds. :D
"What is she, that cometh forth as the morning rising, fair as the Moon, elect as the sun, terrible as the army of a camp set in array?" Canticle of Canticles 6:9

JoeZ

And we also had one of the Appleseed 101 students shoot rifleman score. Congrats to Denise.

Shooterer

JNJ3,
I'm glad you and the boys enjoyed your time in WI and I could see that the 3 of you were "gett'n it". It was too bad that Jake's rifle had bad mojo going and that the loaner didn't fit him well, but it was nice to see him finish with the MI carbine.

I hope that you, your family and any friends are safe after the storms that rolled through last night.

Shooterer

PS; Did anyone notice the "proud Papa" grin in the picture of the Rifleman's patch.
Stand up for what's right.... Even if you stand alone.

BellRinger

Hi everybody, I just wanted to thank JoeZ for running the appleseed, I had lots of fun.
Congrats to Denise ;D she looked really excited.
Ringing the Bell for Liberty!

Shooterer

Hey, Bellringer welcome to the forum  O0 you told me you were coming.

Thank you to you and your mom for helping at the shoot, it was funny to hear both of you echo "unload and clear" in perfect unison like you had been practicing it for years (you probably have been). I hope to see both of you again soon.

Shooterer
Stand up for what's right.... Even if you stand alone.

jnj3

Thanks Shooterer for your concern, we are all safe after the storms.  They were north of us, wind and rain only at our place.  The sirens were going off at work but thankfully nothing came of it.

Jake's M1 carbine got quite a work out.  He enjoyed the excuse to shoot it. :)  He is into WWII re-enacting and has been actively participating for the last 4 years or so.  He has managed to acquire a Garand and an 03A3 Springfield in addition to his Carbine.  I figured the historical part of Appleseed would especially appeal to him. 

The boys were glad to see someone get Rifleman at our shoot.  Congrats....Dad should be proud.  I mentioned that to my daughter, that the girls can really shoot and that she should join us.  She didn't say no so we'll see what happens in the spring

We have been spending our evenings review all the info JoeZ gave us....and saying "oh!, yeah, I remember that!"...  Rifleman is a journey, and we have some practicing to do.

Have a safe and relaxing Thanksgiving.

Marty