News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Actual Distance Matches

Started by Pvt.Joker, November 20, 2010, 07:32:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pvt.Joker

I hope I haven't overlooked the obvious, but I can't seem to locate a listing of dates/locations to shoot the AQT waaaaaay-the-hell-over-there.
I would dearly love to shoot this with a Garand, but I can't make myself do it at 25m....
:wb:
"The battlefields of history are littered with the bones of those, who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest; and, resting, died."   
"We can't guarantee success in this war, but we can do something better. We can deserve it."
-John Adams, in a letter to his wife, Abigail.

eaglescouter

Red Bluff California will offer Full Distance Appleseeds in 2011, schedule is pending approval.
Old Guy:  Do it long enough and you get really good at it.

Rifleman:  Sacramento:  Four Ought Nine
Full Distance:  Red Bluff:  What year was that?
Pistoleer™:  Hat Creek:  Three Twenty One

Make yourselves good scouts and good rifle shots in order to protect the women and children of your country if it should ever become necessary.
--Lord Baden-Powell
Scouting for Boys (1908)

artkat2

Hi Dan,

I don't know that there is a definite designation for KD at a weekend Appleseed, without checking the range description. I think Fresno does KD (?) maybe Sac? Otherwise RBC is your best bet for 2 whole days of glorious KD with Riflemen to your left and right!

Dano is trying to get a group of 'seeds to make a semi regular showing at Ojai for the hi-power KD (I plan on getting in on that after the holidays!).

Finally, since you are now wearing an orange hat, Norcal22gal has 2 dates for Instructor KD 1 day shoots up in Red Bluff (I think) next year, Apr and Oct IIRC.

That's all I've got for now...

BTW... Nice Hat!

Andy
I do regard with horror a state of affairs which would make our country both unready and unwilling to defend its honor.
George S. Patton jr

Pvt.Joker

Quote from: artkat2 on November 20, 2010, 08:07:21 PM
Hi Dan,

I don't know that there is a definite designation for KD at a weekend Appleseed, without checking the range description. I think Fresno does KD (?) maybe Sac? Otherwise RBC is your best bet for 2 whole days of glorious KD with Riflemen to your left and right!

Dano is trying to get a group of 'seeds to make a semi regular showing at Ojai for the hi-power KD (I plan on getting in on that after the holidays!).

Finally, since you are now wearing an orange hat, Norcal22gal has 2 dates for Instructor KD 1 day shoots up in Red Bluff (I think) next year, Apr and Oct IIRC.

That's all I've got for now...

BTW... Nice Hat!

Andy

Yeah, I'm down with Ojai.

Re: Nice hat....

I like yours better....

"The battlefields of history are littered with the bones of those, who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest; and, resting, died."   
"We can't guarantee success in this war, but we can do something better. We can deserve it."

Colorado Pete

Hie thee hence to a local highpower match at a full distance range. Close enough to an AQT to give satisfaction!
"Good shooting is good execution of the fundamentals. Great shooting is great execution of the fundamentals. X's are what you want. Tens are okay, but nines indicate you've got a problem" - Jim Starr
"The purpose of shooting is hitting" - Jeff Cooper

Pvt.Joker

Quote from: Colorado Pete on November 21, 2010, 01:23:20 AM
Hie thee hence to a local highpower match at a full distance range. Close enough to an AQT to give satisfaction!

As previously noted:

"I would dearly love to shoot *this* with a Garand, but I can't make myself do it at 25m...."

I shot a little high power in a previous life. Great game, but it's just that:

A game.

Appleseed is for real.

A shoot is about more than the targets.
It's about the company you keep.

artkat2

Quote from: 753x0 on November 23, 2010, 10:52:48 PM

Got that right!
I do regard with horror a state of affairs which would make our country both unready and unwilling to defend its honor.
George S. Patton jr

Camljr

Quote from: 753x0 on November 23, 2010, 10:52:48 PM
Quote from: Colorado Pete on November 21, 2010, 01:23:20 AM

As previously noted:

"I would dearly love to shoot *this* with a Garand, but I can't make myself do it at 25m...."

I shot a little high power in a previous life. Great game, but it's just that:

A game.

Appleseed is for real.

Check out http://www.brrc.org/

They hold monthly CMP Garand matches and Monthly "Across the course" 200, 300, & 600 Yd. matches.

That should satisfy your craving...... :~

96 SHOOTS SO FAR!

WSMR Instructor 03/10  -  SAPPER STEEL!

�The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection�   Thomas Paine

Proverbs 22:3  -  A prudent person foresees danger and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even when checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy, nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory or defeat".
Theodore Roosevelt

Mr Pete

Dang...half the year has passed already.

I say we just do it!  There will never be a good time.  I went shooting for the first time in May...the last real opportunity was when I took my hat in Oct!

1)  We need a Senior Instructor
2)  We need a weekend...I say August 27-28
     I'm not trying to be discriminatory but it is the slowest weekend around (Ladyseed).  The anti-discrimination cure is to just have more of these!
     We could also do Aug 13-14 and close off Piru as an Instructor only shoot.
3)  We need a place
4)  We need shooters

Reasons are many;  Something exciting to do before the Corona 210, we need to keep our skills up, we need community events to maintain OUR community....

Excuses are also many...but I won't give them any air time.

-Pete
"You will recognize your own path when you come upon it, because you will suddenly have all the energy and imagination you will ever need." – Jerry Gillies