News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Rifle Sight In

Started by jimonfly, November 18, 2010, 06:23:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimonfly

I will be attending the Myakka shoot this coming weekend and need to sight in my rifles on Friday.  Ideally, I would like to sight in using the same size target as we will be shooting this weekend.  Does anyone have a copy of that target for me to print out, or tell me how high to sight in for a 6:00 hold at 25 yards?  Thanks, Jim.

Son of Martha

Use a 1" square or disk.  For 6 o'clock hold have the center of impact 1/2" above the front sight.

Don't worry too much about getting it exactly right, you likely will have an impact shift(s) due to position mechanics changes and cadence changes.  Odds are you will still be adjusting your sight during the weekend.

SoM
Raise ye the stone or cleave the wood to make a path more fair or flat
Lo, it is black already with blood some Son of Martha spilled for that
Not as a ladder from earth to Heaven, nor as a witness to any creed
But simple service, simply given, to his own kind in their common need.

jmdavis

"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton Jr

...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
  For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
  Shall be my brother...-Shakespeare, Henry V

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Your body can't go where your mind hasn't been."
- Alex Arrieta 1995 NTI Winner

marrandy

Go here   http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=18234.0   read and print this forum page out.  There is a 1" sighter target attached at the botom of the page.

Quote from: jimonfly on November 18, 2010, 06:23:24 PM
I will be attending the Myakka shoot this coming weekend and need to sight in my rifles on Friday.  Ideally, I would like to sight in using the same size target as we will be shooting this weekend.  Does anyone have a copy of that target for me to print out, or tell me how high to sight in for a 6:00 hold at 25 yards?  Thanks, Jim.

jimonfly

Thanks for the replies.  I missed the sighter target at the bottom.

I'll be shooting an AR (16") and a 10/22, both with open sights.  I figured I'd have some POI shift but want to at least have a good start.  Plus, its an excuse to go to the range.

Jim