News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR for NSB 13-14?

Started by StillAlive, November 18, 2010, 05:01:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StillAlive

Been checking every day for it! Orange hats are slacking :)

marrandy

Green Hat even.  The Shoot Boss normally does the AAR.  Other instructors will often add additional comments.

StillAlive

Well someone needs to check on our shootboss and see if he is ok because the AAR still hasn't been posted!

TomM1Thumb

Been waiting for almost Two weeks, I really Hope that there is No Real Problem for this, Just a very Busy, or is that a Forgetful Shoot Boss!

Happy Thanksgiving!! To One and All!!

TomM1Thumb
" The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. €�  - Alexander Hamilton
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."    -- Thomas Jefferson

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.

Thomas Paine

StillAlive

Call Willorith and see if he is ok

douglas34474

He's still kicking. He emailed me a couple of days ago about a gun he wants me to look over for him.

StillAlive

Good to here he is ok, now let him know that he is two weeks late on the New Smyrna Beach AAR!

NHale

Quote from: StillAlive on November 28, 2010, 03:30:44 PM
Good to here he is ok, now let him know that he is two weeks late on the New Smyrna Beach AAR!

For the record, I admire our man's dedication to get the main job done-run MANY outstanding Appleseed shoots. The AAR's are the dessert after the main course, IMHO. Don't get me wrong, I love the dessert, but I think the main course is more important. You might wanna rephrase the request like "what can I do to help...?"

Just a thought-

;)

NH
Appleseed: Because you never know when the British will come looking to collect back taxes...

douglas34474

Willorith has worked 26 AS events this year. Give the man a break!

The range is an ideal setup for AS. The line we were given to use has three berms, one can be set up for 25 meters, 125 meters and 225 meters if I remember correctly.

We had 9 shooters on Saturday, 8 on Sunday. Tom and Teresa showed up on Sunday. Stan who I first met at the Branford Sportsman's Farm was there with his AR.

Bill, who we met at the Bunnell event the week before earned his Rifleman's patch after what seemed like an unending string of equipment problems. He finally shot his qualifying score with his AR at the end of the day as he only brought  a limited supply of ammo.

At the end of the day everyone was given a chance to shoot real battle rifles. An M1, M1A1, AR, FN2000 were made available to all to shoot. Sean, my grandson was a trip to watch as he shot rifleman's cadence with the M1 and asked for more.  O0

The range owner was impressed with our program and said we will be back.

I know I have felt a lot out, but I did not take notes.

See you on the Trail

Douglas

StillAlive

I had my AR in 9mm, my M21(scoped M-14) and my 10-22.

Shot 205 and then went home knowing I'll have that patch with a little more practice on my transitions from standing to sitting and mag changes:)

NHale

Quote from: StillAlive on November 30, 2010, 09:16:57 PM
I had my AR in 9mm, my M21(scoped M-14) and my 10-22.

Shot 205 and then went home knowing I'll have that patch with a little more practice on my transitions from standing to sitting and mag changes:)

Dry fire that 10/22 daily by the numbers and you'll blow past 210.

Definitely "banging on the Rifleman Door". Good job!

NH
Appleseed: Because you never know when the British will come looking to collect back taxes...

TomM1Thumb

Here is the reason for a Late AAR, I copied this from another thread, I hope You do not mind Eric!

Prayers Needed!
<< on: Yesterday at 10:10:44 PM >> Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To All:

Some of you have been wondering where Willorith has been, and for good reason- his sardonic humor and quick wit have been conspicuously missing here on the forums.  He is doing well, but could use some prayers sent his way- he is currently dealing with a serious family medical issue.  I'd rather not release the details without his expressed permission, so you'll just have to trust me when I say it is serious. 

Please keep Brians family in your prayers, and wish them a speedy recovery.

Thank You,

Eric "ItsanSKS" McCabe
Florida State Coordinator

Prayer's sent from Teresa and I

TomM1Thumb
" The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. €�  - Alexander Hamilton
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."    -- Thomas Jefferson

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.

Thomas Paine