News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Shooting Jackets

Started by CharlieHotel, November 17, 2010, 02:46:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CharlieHotel

Anybody know where to get a G.I. shooting jacket? Ordered one from militarylogisticsmfg.com 3 weeks ago but despite several emails. I have not gotten a reply as to the status of my order. My friend emailed Fred to no avail...
any ideas? anybody? looking for a Med, XL and XXL.
"A good plan executed perfectly is better than a perfect plan executed poorly"

"As steel sharpens steel, so one man sharpens another"

"It's not the dope 'ON' the rifle, but the one behind it!" - Unknown PMI, Parris Island, SC 1984

So speak and so act as those who will be judged by the law of Liberty.
For Judgement comes without mercy for those who have shown no mercy, Mercy shall triumph over judgement.
James 2:12-13

Chrome

http://www.bdu.com/tacu-coats.html

I use one of these.  Very nice interpretation of the Army's ACU.  I like the pocket for insert-able elbow pads, the mandarin collar to keep brass out, and the longer coat tail to keep it from riding up in the sitting position.

Later,
Chrome...
Montani Semper Liberi

GoldFish

I've only heard bad things about ordering Military Logistics shooting jackets.  

Here's a website sells the exact kind that I have; they're a little (only slightly) bit heavier duty than the ones Fred sells, which can be a good and bad thing, depending on the weather, conditions, etc.  Note: these jackets only come in MEDIUM

http://www.armysurpluswarehouse.com/product/usmc-shooters-jacket-4906.cfm

If you need XL and XXL, then I recommend Fred's for those sizes.

---GF
"Freedom is preserved by those who die for it, but it will not survive unless people are willing to live for it."
-Boba Fett (The RWVA Instructor, not the Star Wars Bounty Hunter)

'Yes, I am a Rifleman, but I'm also a Ninja....and a Jedi.'

"Integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do."

"Remember, my opinion on the totem pole of life is somewhere below whale s***..." -Chris Costa

"The more you care about something, the deeper the fight will come from within."  -Travis Haley

42          ΙΧΘΥΣ           كافر           MOÉ...ΩN É...ABE         αδάμαÏ, 

Merc, Mr. Fishy, Goober, Achmed, Cornflake, FBC, Tabilasco, Mowhawk 1 Alpha

What we do in life echoes in Eternity

jmdavis

These are different. But the Champions are pretty good as shooting jackets: http://www.champchoice.com/prod-O_D__GREEN_CLOTH_RIFLEMAN_S_SHOOTING_COAT___SIZE_XX_LARGE__50_52_-2015.aspx

The Creedmore deluxe cloth is also good but more expensive.

I have and use one from Fred, primarily.

Mike
"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton Jr

...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
  For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
  Shall be my brother...-Shakespeare, Henry V

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Your body can't go where your mind hasn't been."
- Alex Arrieta 1995 NTI Winner

EEL

military logistics is dead.  Illinois had over a dozen on order with them.  They went out of business.  See posts by Castle Mountain!!

Most of us were able to get ahold of our CC companies and get our $$$ back.  Some got screwed!

Unless you like taking chances............DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM MILITARY LOGISTICS

EEL
Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

Roundhouse

Quote from: CharlieHotel on November 17, 2010, 02:46:23 PM
Anybody know where to get a G.I. shooting jacket? Ordered one from militarylogisticsmfg.com 3 weeks ago but despite several emails. I have not gotten a reply as to the status of my order. My friend emailed Fred to no avail...
any ideas? anybody? looking for a Med, XL and XXL.

Hi there! You can ignore me if I'm overstepping my commentary but I'm an online retailer and this stuck out to me.

That company has an F rating with the BBB, which means they are horrible at fulfilling orders at best, and at worst are stealing your money, if you follow the  BBB rating link it has the companies actual phone number on there which they don't have on their website, so at the very least you can try and call them. Also if the poster above is correct and military logistics is dead, then you need to call your credit card company and request a chargeback.

Resident Newbie

CharlieHotel

They never charged my credit card, so i'm kinda in limbo.

Thanks for the link JMDavis, I ordered a CC coat.

:) :)
"A good plan executed perfectly is better than a perfect plan executed poorly"

"As steel sharpens steel, so one man sharpens another"

"It's not the dope 'ON' the rifle, but the one behind it!" - Unknown PMI, Parris Island, SC 1984

So speak and so act as those who will be judged by the law of Liberty.
For Judgement comes without mercy for those who have shown no mercy, Mercy shall triumph over judgement.
James 2:12-13

TN_Dadx5

"A nation of well informed men who have been taught to know and prize the rights which God has given them cannot be enslaved. It is in the region of ignorance that tyranny begins." Benjamin Franklin
Visit and "Like" the TN Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/#!/Tennesse.Project.Appleseed

Gramma Goats

any one got a link or suggestion for a good shooting vest.   
"We can evade reality, but we cannot evade the consequences of evading reality." --philosopher and writer Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

NewMOe

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic; since it offers a strong moral check against the usurpation and arbitrary power of rulers; and will generally, even if these are successful in the first instance, enable the

EEL

Negative on Military Logistics!!!!!!!!!!!

I say again...Negative.

They have shafted several instructors out of $$$ already.  Word is they are out of business.  We even had a FL sherrif try to visit their "store".  No luck.

If you want to proceed with them......be advised.

EEL

P.S.  Guys.....Might want to read the entire thread before you add your 2 cents.  Might save you some time and other instructors some $$$
Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.