News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Upcoming Missouri Gun Shows

Started by Restless, November 17, 2010, 02:22:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Restless

Hey everyone, just wanted to give a rundown on the gun shows in Missouri for the rest of the month. If anyone wants to give up some time and volunteer to help get the word out, that would be awesome. Just tell me which ones you would be interested in working and I'll do what I can to get you some supplies.

There are two this weekend, which is a little late notice (my fault);

One is in Springfield at the Expo center and the other is in Lebanon at the Cowen Civic Center. (Nov. 20-21)

November 26th-28th has two more;

One is in Columbia at the Boone County Fairgrounds, and the other is Warsaw at the Community Center.

Please let me know if anyone is interested and I will contact the shows to see if they want to donate a table, and if not, get some money together so we can get a booth set up.

Just reply to this thread if you are interested.

Thanks guys!
"We must remember that one man is much the same as another, and that he is best who is trained in the severest school." -Thucydidies

Celt

Ordinarily I would be more than happy to go work a table at the Springfield gun show. But this weekend is the Washburn Appleseed that I'm sighed up to help with. Sorry.   
A Hessian captain (one of the 30,000 German mercenaries used by England) wrote in 1778, "Call this war by whatever name you may, only call it not an American rebellion; it is nothing more or less than a Scots-Irish Presbyterian rebellion."

"I need not take much pains to show, that the principles of this system, are extremely pernicious, impolitic, and dangerous. Here is a revolution as radical as that which separated us from Great Britain."  "I Smell A Rat!"  Patrick Henry

"Because they transgressed My covenant, And against My law they have rebelled... They have made kings, and not by Me, They have made princes, and I knew it not"  Hosea 8:1 and 4
"Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD; and the people whom he hath chosen for his own inheritance."  Psalms 33:12

Celt

Restless,

Just wanted to check in and see if we have been able to work out anything with RK shows for table space? There is a RK show coming up in Springfield on Jan 22-23. I think that it would be a good start for the year to get out and begin our promotions. We already have a schedule for the Humansville DAR with fliers I'll assume ??? and hopefully by then we will have one for Washburn both of which are driving distance from Springfield. If we need to just buy a table I'll through in half on one if I can set a couple of pieces on the table that I need to sell. Thanks, Ian
A Hessian captain (one of the 30,000 German mercenaries used by England) wrote in 1778, "Call this war by whatever name you may, only call it not an American rebellion; it is nothing more or less than a Scots-Irish Presbyterian rebellion."

"I need not take much pains to show, that the principles of this system, are extremely pernicious, impolitic, and dangerous. Here is a revolution as radical as that which separated us from Great Britain."  "I Smell A Rat!"  Patrick Henry

"Because they transgressed My covenant, And against My law they have rebelled... They have made kings, and not by Me, They have made princes, and I knew it not"  Hosea 8:1 and 4
"Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD; and the people whom he hath chosen for his own inheritance."  Psalms 33:12

hangfire

Had a great Saturday and Sunday Feb 12 & 13 at the Joplin R&K Gun Show. Passed out tri-folds, AQT's and fliers for Feb 19 & 20 Pittsburg Ks, Washburn and Osage Beach MO 2011 dates. I think that I was able to connect with quit a few that will be hitting the web sight and registering to attend a weekend Appleseed soon. Talked with several people out of Northeast OK that will be looking for some more Afton OK dates.

Hangfire

Celt

That's awesome! Thanks for the promo help. It's good to know that the shooters are working hard to get the word out there too. I was going to try to get there myself but my truck broke down. Keep up the good work :~.  Ian

hangfire

Ian, I will see you in Pittsburg KS. Saturday. Looks like it may be wet, the 25 yard range will definitely be muddy.

Hangfire

Thor's Hammer

Just saw a billboard for a gunshow in Osage Beach for March 5-6. Most likely it is an RK show. Looks to be like a large venue since it is in the old Expo Center.
The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.    George Carlin

Restless

Sorry guys!

I've been MIA for a minute.

I'll put some time in on this in the next few days...
"We must remember that one man is much the same as another, and that he is best who is trained in the severest school." -Thucydidies

Celt

I've been thinking a little bit about this and had an idea to put forward. I think that we have enough instructor core members in the KC, Osage Beach, St. Louise and Springfield areas to man a table that no one needs to travel excessively far to most venues. But the thing that I at least feel short on would be the banner table cloth and promo material that it would take to set up a table and make it look good. It would probably be best if each area had these things at there disposal, but right now I for one don't have the $ to put into that stuff. So I was wondering if we could put together a MO GUN SHOW BOX that would have all the stuff needed for a table and we could trade it around at shoots and ship UPS if necessary. Let me know what you think?

Also I know that GB has hinted that he thinks he can get us free space at RK shows, but has anyone directly asked Rex if he would be willing to give AS table space?   Thanks, Ian

Restless

I like this idea. A lot.

It would make it much easier to cover each area. The literature and targets can be mailed to the people that are interested. In the long term though, it is going to be pretty expensive to ship a box full of PR material all over Missouri. It would save cash to hand off "the box" at shoots, but there will still be times that shows are missed simply because the box is at a different show.

The banner that goes above the table can be bought for $88. The tablecloth can be a strip of burlap, or a brown piece of fabric you buy on sale...
I know the St. Louis area can cough up the money to throw together a box, and I would like to think we could at least get a couple more going, and cut down on any shipping costs.

Like I said, we can have the literature and targets shipped to us (as long as we use them at shows, and in promoting AS), so that won't be an issue.

How many instructors are in your area?

Missouri Brigade

I have one of the Captain Parker banners that I bought so I wouldn't have to borrow Castle Mountain's all the time.  I don't have a stand made for it, but I'd be fine letting it float around Central and Southern IL, St. Louis, and other parts of Missouri.  I'm through St. Louis quite a bit so I could probably get it to someone easily.

Celt

There are five IITs in the southwest part of the state to my knowledge and Gramma goats who is a big help too O0. I can only speak for myself and another of the IIT's down here for sure as far as working a table at a Springfield gun-show. Any other willing to help?

And yeah you're right about the promo materials. Some one in each sector should keep up with keeping those stocked.   

Are we going to have a table at the Osage beach show this weekend, just curious?  Peace, Ian

Restless

If I remember correctly, someone has a connection with the RK show people so we could get tables donated. We need to utilize that right now, cause there are a TON of shows coming up this spring, and most of them are RK shows. If we can hit these this spring, the summer and fall shoots this year will have way more people... Especially with the number of shoots we have already scheduled.

So here we go...

We should get a table set up at the Springfield Ozark Empire Fairgrounds on March 19th & 20th, but thats a little short notice.

March 26th & 27th there is a show in Kansas City at the KCI Expo Center.

On April 1st, 2nd, and 3rd there is a show in Columbia at the Boone County Fairgrounds.

These are all RK shows, so as I said before, we NEED to use that connection.

If anyone can work these dates, please let me know, and we will get you the stuff you need.

Thanks everyone!

Restless

OK, I'll take it that we don't have that connection anymore. I'll go ahead and make contact with RK shows and see if we can get us some free tables.

Please, if anyone can work those dates listed, let me know. We will make it happen.

Celt

Sorry I took a job out of state so I missed the Springfield show and just got back home. Did you have any luck with RK? Rex Kurly is the guy that we need to talk to.

TruTenacity

Here is a suggestion that just came in to the RWVA e-mail account.  It is possible that you all are already doing this, but I told the gentleman I'd pass this along and so I must.

Enjoyed meeting the staff at the NRA meeting and said hi every day warring my RWVA shirt.

This was the only time I have been at an event warring my shirt and not had a comment on it (other than at the RWVA booth).

I do have a suggestion for St. Louis.  Take memberships at the booth.  I was hoping to renew there, but just renewed for 5 years on the link you supplied below.  Lots of people have money in their pocket at the meeting.

[name withheld]
"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

Celt

I am thinking about getting a table at the Springfield gun show on the 21-22. But I'm not sure that I'd be able to staff it Sunday would anyone else be willing to help?  :sos:

Restless

im on the schedule for two shoots this month, so i dont think i can swing getting down there...
sorry man.

Celt

I spoke with Rex Kurly this morning about table space. He said that there is no way that he can offer us free rent at his shows :'(. He said that even the NRA pays. So it looks like if we want to have tables we'll have to raise the $.  It costs $10 to get in the door of a show anymore so if 4or5 instructors split the $66 cost of a table it's not coasting that much more than what they would pay to get in just to check out the show. I do have one fund raiser idea that I'll do some work on, but any other ideas?

FreeCelt

Fyi for consideration. There will be RK gun shows
Aug 13-14 Springfield
Sept 3-4 KC
Sept 10-11 St. Charles
Sept 23-25 Columbia
Oct 1-2 Lake Ozarks

The next Get Prepared Expo in Springfield(which we agreed to do) is Oct 1-2

I will also post this in the Planning calender thread.
Though the cause of evil prosper, yet the truth alone is strong;
Though her portion be the scaffold, and upon the throne be wrong;
Yet that scaffold sways the future, and behind the dim unknown,
Standeth God within the shadow, keeping watch above His own.

Celt

Aug 13-14 Springfield
Sept 3-4 KC
Sept 10-11 St. Charles
Sept 23-25 Columbia
Oct 1-2 Lake Ozarks

This list represents the Gun shows that I think would be best to promote AS at.  So I need to know who in the areas would be willing to spend some time at them?  I'll take care of Springfield. Celt

Celt

I've got a table at the Aug 13-14 Springfield show, any help from local IITs would be great. Just let me know if you can help.  Celt