News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Illinois has a new Shoot Boss!!

Started by EEL, November 16, 2010, 04:32:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EEL

Just read a PM from Guy.  Boba Fett has completed his SBIT with flying colors!!  O0

Congratulations go out to the Boba for sticking with it  @)

Now let's see......who's next?..........Hmmmmmmm...Gumby and the little P.Gal look to be likely suspects  ~~:)

Congrats again Boba !!

EEL
Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

MeanStreaker

Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

mtbrass

Super great news and super great job  :bow:

RPD

Congrats, Boba!!!

I thought that the fancy title and huge increase in pay weren't going to entice you up the ladder!  ;D

Hope to see you in Athens again (or elsewhere on the trail) soon!

-RPD
*The true danger is when liberty is nibbled away, for expedients, and by parts.
*The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.
*Whenever separation is made between liberty and justice, neither, in my opinion, is safe.
-Sir Edmund Burke

Western Rose

Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. - 2 Cor. 3:17

A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet.

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

Northwest Region Project Appleseed on Facebook

50th Appleseed
Appleseed: From Coast to Coast

Boba Fett

Quote from: RPD on November 16, 2010, 04:55:18 PM
Congrats, Boba!!!

I thought that the fancy title and huge increase in pay weren't going to entice you up the ladder?

-RPD

Thanks. I think it was the allure of finally getting to learn/know the secret SB handshake that hooked me.  ;D

ErikAnderson

Quote from: Boba Fett on November 16, 2010, 05:02:14 PM
Quote from: RPD on November 16, 2010, 04:55:18 PM
Congrats, Boba!!!

I thought that the fancy title and huge increase in pay weren't going to entice you up the ladder?

-RPD

Thanks. I think it was the allure of finally getting to learn/know the secret SB handshake that hooked me.  ;D

Excellent work Boba. Another quality RH turned SB. IL's crew is almost up to Missouri Standards.  >:D ^-^ @) **) ^:)^

Boba Fett

Quote from: MisterAnderson on November 16, 2010, 05:04:56 PM
IL's crew is almost up to Missouri Standards.  >:D ^-^ @) **) ^:)^

I hope Garand69 doesn't hear you say that. You know... he's a Redi-mix cement truck driver and those guys can be a little sensitive at times.   **)

GoldFish

Quote from: Boba Fett on November 16, 2010, 05:08:45 PM
I hope Garand69 doesn't hear you say that. You know... he's a Redi-mix cement truck driver and those guys can be a little sensitive at times.   **)

;D You betcha they can be!

Congrats Mr. Fett! :bow: O0 :) :---
"Freedom is preserved by those who die for it, but it will not survive unless people are willing to live for it."
-Boba Fett (The RWVA Instructor, not the Star Wars Bounty Hunter)

'Yes, I am a Rifleman, but I'm also a Ninja....and a Jedi.'

"Integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do."

"Remember, my opinion on the totem pole of life is somewhere below whale s***..." -Chris Costa

"The more you care about something, the deeper the fight will come from within."  -Travis Haley

42          ΙΧΘΥΣ           كافر           MOÉ...ΩN É...ABE         αδάμαÏ, 

Merc, Mr. Fishy, Goober, Achmed, Cornflake, FBC, Tabilasco, Mowhawk 1 Alpha

What we do in life echoes in Eternity

Evenstar

Congratulations, Boba!!!! ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^

Now you can come shoot boss in Idaho, right? ::)
'Pictures... or it didn't happen!' &)

"What we do in life echoes in eternity.

"All we must decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

"She is worth the wait. When she lifts her head - she smiles!" - Earl

"Warriors are not always the fastest or strongest men. Strength and speed can be developed through training. Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or holds sacred."

Arwen, Shorty, Blondy, Star, Trouble, Smiley, Miss Jess Adair, Starry, Kitten, Blue Eyes, Even Shorter, Elfy, Butterfly Girl, Tater Jr., Princess Tater, Tater Tot, Tiny Tater, Twinkletoes, Skippy

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11
Medical Lake, WA - July 31, 2011

Missouri Brigade

GoldFish

"Freedom is preserved by those who die for it, but it will not survive unless people are willing to live for it."
-Boba Fett (The RWVA Instructor, not the Star Wars Bounty Hunter)

'Yes, I am a Rifleman, but I'm also a Ninja....and a Jedi.'

"Integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do."

"Remember, my opinion on the totem pole of life is somewhere below whale s***..." -Chris Costa

"The more you care about something, the deeper the fight will come from within."  -Travis Haley

42          ΙΧΘΥΣ           كافر           MOÉ...ΩN É...ABE         αδάμαÏ, 

Merc, Mr. Fishy, Goober, Achmed, Cornflake, FBC, Tabilasco, Mowhawk 1 Alpha

What we do in life echoes in Eternity

ATM

Way to go, Boba Fett!  O0

I have cracked open a celebratory package of Hoosier bacon to honor this occasion.

It's delicious!  ^-^
Say no to drugs. $$-0 Say yes to bacon. O0

Boba Fett

Quote from: Evenstar on November 16, 2010, 05:19:04 PM
Congratulations, Boba!!!! ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^

Now you can come shoot boss in Idaho, right? ::)

If you can talk Fred into a plane ticket, I'll be there.  ;)

Boba

TruTenacity

Congratulations!  How's the paper work?
"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

AFTERMATH

"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Reddot

Huzzah!!
Congratulations Good Sir,
And after you're done in Idaho and Ohio, you're more than welcome here in Texas!!
Best wishes!!!
Chuck

Bill 3

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Samuel Clemens
"...that any man who yields up his liberty, in however slight the measure, is bound to become a slave." -- H.L. Mencken
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
"...we have the choice to pursue, in the course of our life, one of two sets of principles - either the principles of power and privilege or the principles of truth and justice. If you pursue truth and justice it will always mean a diminution of your power and privilege. If you pursue power and privilege it will always be at the expense of truth and justice."
The forum is but a blank slate that records what we type.  If it sucks, why is that?  Anyone have an extra mirror for people?

Pappy

Great Job Boba!!! You will be a great shoot boss.. JP
Which has greater value?...... Ammo will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no ammo..

duc-dog

Congratulations Boba !!!  Keep handing out buckets.
If you will not fight when you can easily win without bloodshed.
   You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory because it
      is better to perish than to live as slaves.  
         Winston Churchhill (paraphased)

colycat

Congratulations, Boba.

You  have some big shoes to fill as being an IL SB.  You will do well, I am sure. O0

Coly

"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

Gumballhead

AZOpie

wooldl

"Posterity! You will never know, how much it cost the present generation, to preserve your Freedom! " - John Adams

AQT Dryfire Practice mp3 files: http://www.4shared.com/folder/559qijqr/My_4shared_Sync.html

LayloPro

Heh!!
Another added in the great state of Lincoln!!  O0 O0 O0

Keep up the great work all, we have much to do, and need our best & brightest to do it with....... ;) 8) @@)

Boba, good job, lead by example..... O0

LLP
"The truth only hurts if you're guilty." 

"Fast / cheap / good....you only get 2....Your choice."

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.

Garand69

Congrats Boba, your new bucket with xtra capacity is ready to go.... @)

(Psst... Pappy, I think we are going to need an extra goat for Moose Jaw  **) )
Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

Boba Fett

Thanks everyone. This was a Pyrrhic Victory of sorts for me. Hopefully I can continue to help my brothers in Illinois (and elsewhere) out and live up to their expectations.

I love all of you with all my heart!  :)

Boba

Patriot Gal

Congrats Boba!!

You have worked hard to earn your green hat!  O0
Looking forward to working with you "On the Trail"

Thanks for all you do for Appleseed!!
Patriot Gal   :---
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be denied the use of arms"
~Thomas Jefferson

"If not us, then who; if not now, then when."
~President Ronald Reagan

Castle Mountain

Here here, I second the  motion.  Congratulation Boba Fett. O0 O0
A new year becons us all for 2011 and 2016 is still our mission.....1,000,000 Riflemen.
What a mission. Looking forward to seeing you on the trail.

CM

Quote from: Patriot Gal on November 19, 2010, 02:30:09 PM
Congrats Boba!!

You have worked hard to earn your green hat!  O0
Looking forward to working with you "On the Trail"

Thanks for all you do for Appleseed!!
Patriot Gal   :---
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam- will find a way or I will make one".
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."  one who has not qualified himself with the M-16 may not be considered to be a responsible citizen."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

"Terrorism is the best political weapon, for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."
-- Adolf Hitler (1889-1945) German Nazi Dictator

"Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in