News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Manchester, TN (Arnold AFB) Appleseed Nov. 13-14, 2010

Started by tncolonel, November 15, 2010, 06:07:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tncolonel

Date: Nov. 13-14, 2010 

Instructors: TNColonel (acting SB), Grandson of Liberty (RH), Tndryfire (IIT2), LilBit (IIT2), Big Gear (IIT1), TN_Dad5x (IIT),  Broomhead (IIT), Mosinman (IIT) -  Thanks to all for a great job!

Six new Riflemen and two new IITS 

27 participants on Saturday and 21 on Sunday, we had five preregistered no shows and two walkons.

Weather:

----   Saturday; Nice fall weather in Tennessee; sunny, windy, upper 60s by mid afternoon.

----   Sunday; What a change - a cold front blew through overnight  --  Winterseed weather  --  Low overcast, cold rain, drizzle and fog in the tree line down range, high around 40 by afternoon.

We had a lot of first time Appleseeders on the line.  The youngest attendee was 8 (young lady at her third Appleseed shooting a pink single shot cricket rifle).  Good attitude from all, even with some unique challenges we had.  Every attendee stated they wanted to do another Appleseed, and many wanted to know when and where it would be.

Even with lost time from a fire down range started by machine gun tracer fire from National Guard training on an adjacent rifle range, which prevented us from doing any AQTs Saturday and then cost us an hour Sunday morning, we covered all the instructional items and got in several AQTs.

This was the sixth Appleseed on this range this year, we have eight scheduled here for next year.

Special thanks to the Arnold AFB, Highland Rim Shooters Club (www.highlandrimshootersclub.org), our host club for Manchester, for the volunteer work detail that configured the range and setup the target line Friday.  This allowed us to walk on the range, run up the red range flag and start the clinic.

TNColonel
Tennessee State Coordinator
Manchester, TN - Local Boots on the Ground

tncolonel

tncolonel

More Photos from Manchester, TN Nov. 13-14, 2010

Grandson of Liberty

Well, I've gotta admit on Saturday I scoffed at the idea of giving out Winterseed patches at this one. Sunday certainly changed my mind! Brrrrrrrr!  :o

TNColonel put on a great shoot and I also want to thank the rest of the instructor corps for coming out to help make it an awesome weekend! Things went pretty smoothly, other than the aforementioned range fire. Being treated to a display of machine gun tracer fire kind of made up for it, though.  ;) 

We had a very high percentage of first-time Appleseeders with us this weekend. They were a fantastic group and very attentive throughout the weekend. I want to extend my thanks to all who came out- I hope to see you all again very soon.

And oh yeah, the announcement on Sunday that we were about to shoot the "final Red hat of the day" was kind of unsettling and almost had me running for cover!  **)

"Who hasn't done 'Number 2' on Bob yet?"- Jr. Birdman, Piru IBC, Three-Oh-Nine

Johnnyappleseed

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Big Gear

Great time, good learning experience. Most of all a safe shoot! Good folks to work with and a good group of learning shooters.
Thanks to TNColonel and Grandson of Liberty and my co IITs.
Looking forward to working together at our next Appleseed.
-Bill

Oleg Volk

Applied the lessons of Appleseed today. http://olegvolk.livejournal.com/932348.html 0.8MOA from bipod, decent results also from squatting, sitting and kneeling. Didn't shoot much prone due to muddy ground.