News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Yakima, WA Nov20-21

Started by 06en, November 20, 2010, 11:38:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnnyappleseed

RR seems like decades since we met June 08 Yakima ,
even SS was there  ::)
Well done Sir ! well done  O0
JA
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Western Rose

"Do not try this at home, only at winterseeds" - Earl, you have no idea how affective it was in warming up my hands. But I wouldn't do it when I have feeling in them. ::)

JA, SS, there were so many times when I would turn around and think, "That was where Johnathan was when he was reading the back of SS's t-shirt", or "right over there we did ________"..... So many good memories. Remember the brass in the hoody? **) @)
Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. - 2 Cor. 3:17

A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet.

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

Northwest Region Project Appleseed on Facebook

50th Appleseed
Appleseed: From Coast to Coast

Evenstar

What an awesome shoot!!!

A big thank you goes out to 06en for setting up the shoot, and for all the leg work he did to get everything ready. Well done! O0 And yes, the hot chocolate was good. ;)

Earl, it was GREAT to see you again after half a year. Hope to see you again in August, right? @) :) I mean, you gave me a certain patch and an orange hat earlier this year... ::) ::) Thanks for letting me shoot your Garand. SO FUN! ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^

Troy, thanks for taking up the (my) orange hat. ;D It'll be great to work the line with you.

Theophilus and Joni, thanks for making the drive over to help us out. O0

Congrats to all the Riflemen (repeat and new). Excellent job. :---

To all the shooters: Thanks for coming out in the cold and wind to learn rifle marksmanship and American heritage. It was a pleasure to work with you all. Come on back to another shoot. ;)

To all the instructors: I couldn't ask for a better crew to work with. You all ROCK! :bow: :cool2: ..:..

While it looks like the Department of Photography is pretty much covered, I've got a couple to add. I'll get 'em posted as soon as I can.

~Evenstar
'Pictures... or it didn't happen!' &)

"What we do in life echoes in eternity.

"All we must decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

"She is worth the wait. When she lifts her head - she smiles!" - Earl

"Warriors are not always the fastest or strongest men. Strength and speed can be developed through training. Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or holds sacred."

Arwen, Shorty, Blondy, Star, Trouble, Smiley, Miss Jess Adair, Starry, Kitten, Blue Eyes, Even Shorter, Elfy, Butterfly Girl, Tater Jr., Princess Tater, Tater Tot, Tiny Tater, Twinkletoes, Skippy

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11
Medical Lake, WA - July 31, 2011

06en

Although I missed the '08 Appleseed here at home, it seems that no matter where or what AS I am at, it feels like home.

I would like to thank all of the Instructors, ReformedRedneck, TruTenacity, Western Rose, Evenstar, Still Learnin, Theophilus, Joni and now Troy for giving so much to help make this shoot one I will never forget.

For all the shooters who have it in them to drink from the fire hose in the elements the weekend had to provide, you are yourselves an inspiration.

Congratulations again to all the new and repeat-Riflemen and Riflewomen. Hope to see you all again soon.

A very special mention of thanks goes out goes out to Earl for coming as a shooter. Even though you were not here to "work", your advise and words of wisdom are highly valued.

Wheeler and Wade. Even though you both were unable to be here, your work and efforts were in fact here. If it were not for you, this weekend's Moxee AS would not have happened. So you both were, truely here.

Thanks a 1,000,000.

Earl

Nice words, and how many are moving pictures worth?

Winterseed indeed! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjqG3jUNL1I

RFAQT Briefing and prep http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Pizwm0ddAw

Yes, snowing on Troy, he will improve  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQPGsjc4gqE

Troy does better http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgQnJrpLeGU

Thank you shooters and crew, a wonderful mildly Winter weekend whatever --seed it was, it was a great one. :bow:
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

Rizzin

Was a great shoot and enjoyed myself.

Photo Album

Thanks to 06en for getting this setting this up
Thanks to Theophilus and Joni for the loaner, it helps when your not fighting your own equipment
Thanks to Evenstar for helping out with the camera

See all of you who are coming back in December (bring your thermals  O0 )   Pretty sure 06en, winkin not blinkin and I can supply the cold  :))

Rizzin

Western Rose let me know there are some issues with accessing the pictures from me last post so I am going to try again.

splaticus

The answer to 1984 is 1776.

06en

Perfect all the way up to the smile at the end. Thanks for sharing. In fact I spoke to some tough men today about the shoot and they said it was too cold to show up. So I tell them that there was a 6 year old girl out there that was tougher than them.  @)

splaticus

Quote from: 06en on November 24, 2010, 05:52:06 PM
Perfect all the way up to the smile at the end. Thanks for sharing. In fact I spoke to some tough men today about the shoot and they said it was too cold to show up. So I tell them that there was a 6 year old girl out there that was tougher than them.  @)

I told her that and she got a really good laugh out of it!  Thanks!   :)
The answer to 1984 is 1776.

TruTenacity

QuoteWR...Please add "Winkin' not blinkin' to the instructors list as an IIT..

Congratulations Winkin' not blinkin'...

W44

^:)^

Another husband (.06en) and wife instructor team making their way toward the Red Hat!

Congratulations Winkin' not Blinkin'!

TT
"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

Evenstar

Quote from: TruTenacity on November 26, 2010, 08:04:18 PM
QuoteWR...Please add "Winkin' not blinkin' to the instructors list as an IIT..

Congratulations Winkin' not blinkin'...

W44

^:)^

Another husband (.06en) and wife instructor team making their way toward the Red Hat!

Congratulations Winkin' not Blinkin'!

TT

HUZZAH!!!! Congrats winkin not blinkin!!!! Awesome! O0 :bow: ^:)^ :cool2: :D ;)
'Pictures... or it didn't happen!' &)

"What we do in life echoes in eternity.

"All we must decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

"She is worth the wait. When she lifts her head - she smiles!" - Earl

"Warriors are not always the fastest or strongest men. Strength and speed can be developed through training. Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or holds sacred."

Arwen, Shorty, Blondy, Star, Trouble, Smiley, Miss Jess Adair, Starry, Kitten, Blue Eyes, Even Shorter, Elfy, Butterfly Girl, Tater Jr., Princess Tater, Tater Tot, Tiny Tater, Twinkletoes, Skippy

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11
Medical Lake, WA - July 31, 2011