News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Promotional Ideas

Started by brogantdb, November 15, 2010, 12:28:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brogantdb

Who do I talk to about Promotional Ideas?

I totally love the whole idea off Appleseed and have a strong interest in promoting it. We all come from different walks of life and have different vocations. I'm thinking about using what I do to promote Appleseed. I'm a broadcast Engineer and was thinking about maybe doing a half hour promotional video showing what Appleseed does and what it's all about. It could be posted on the main site and sent to people wanting more info to spread the word. I was thinking of including interviews of instructors, first times and people that have been to a few shoots. I would like to incorporate the Winterseed aspect also. My question is how would people feel about cameras at Appleseed shoots to get footage and interviews? I want to send out feelers before I get any further along with the idea. Any thoughts?
"I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend"~J.R.R. Tolkien

brogantdb

I'm writing a script with a few other guys I work with and prefer to get the footage I need myself. My major question is will it be an issue if I bring video equipment to a shoot and get interviews and footage. I'm asking as not to make people uncomfotable or to violate some rule I don't know about.
"I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend"~J.R.R. Tolkien