News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

North Carolina Appleseeders 2011 - Stand Up and Be Counted!!

Started by Stimey, November 15, 2010, 12:04:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stimey

Folks, I'm stanrting to craft the strategies for the new year this month, and I'd like to get an idea of where we are personnel-wise.  You all know that I send out PM-blasts from time to time and I would like to make sure I've got everyone's username who would like to receive them.  Likewise, I always like to contact everyone in a particular area in which I would like to establish new locations, so it's very beneficial for me to have this information for everyone from NC who's ever attended an Appleseed and had a good experience.  Therefore, I'm asking everyone to check in here with your username (at least), whether, you're an Instructor, IIT, or attendee, and your city of residence.  I'll start us off.

Stimey
Mike Stineman

You all don't need to publish all your contact info like I've done here, but I would like at least your username and city of residence, as well as your association with Appleseed.  Here's an example of that using one of my buds.

Karl2500
Concord, NC
IIT3

And if you've just been a student at one of our events, just list the number of events attended.  If you've never been to an Appleseed but would still like to hear from me about upcoming events, just list that you haven't yet attended.  I'll be sure to keep everyone informed, no matter what.  This post will make it much easier for me to plan for next year and will help me identify areas which contain many interested parties, so I'll know where I need to look for shoots.  Even if you're sure I know where you live, respond anyway.  Think of this as a Virtual Muster, because that's exactly what it is.

I want to thank you all in advance for responding here. 

"Give me an army of West Point graduates, I'll win a battle.  Give me a handful of Texas Aggies and I'll win a war!"  Gen. George S. Patton, Jr.

hawkeye

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of crap by the clean end." Texas A&M student

jmdavis

"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton Jr

...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
  For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
  Shall be my brother...-Shakespeare, Henry V

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Your body can't go where your mind hasn't been."
- Alex Arrieta 1995 NTI Winner

VTMountaineer

NeilR

"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

Grayson

Grayson
Burnsville, NC

Student, one so far - Ramseur, 7/31-8/1

TheIronMantis

Another border raider:

TheIronMantis
Lexington, SC
IIT4

I would like to come up to a Charlotte or Ramseur shoot for a little interstate cross-pollination.

Mr.Fancypants

Mr.Fancypants
Boone, NC
Attended 1 (Ramseur 7/31/2010-8/1/2010)
Prospective IIT, but would like at least another AS or an RBC under my belt

Stimey

Border Raiders are welcome here.  Come on folks, I know there are more of us out there.  Bump.
"Give me an army of West Point graduates, I'll win a battle.  Give me a handful of Texas Aggies and I'll win a war!"  Gen. George S. Patton, Jr.

M1NC

M1NC
Raleigh, NC
IIT1-3 (need to get my paperwork submitted one of these days  :P )
Always take the high road - it has a better field of fire

If we lose freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the last stand on earth.

But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve...as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

Go forth and fear no darkeness

inthemastershands

inthemastershands
Greensboro, NC
Student attended Saturday November something or other (Sorry don't have my calender in front of me)
Be the kind of woman when your feet hit the floor in the mornin' the devil says "ut oh..shes up!"

The Kid

"I pray that our Heavenly Father may assuage the anguish of your bereavement, and leave you only the cherished memory of the loved and lost, and the solemn pride that must be yours to have laid so costly a sacrifice upon the altar of freedom." Lincoln

BSHRADER

Another border raider
BSHRADER
IIT3
Florence,S.C.
Always happy to help.

Is

"One of the penalties of not participating in politics is that you will be governed by your inferiors." -Plato
http://www.ncgunowners.com

CplTurner

USMC '91-'95
MOS 3521
4th Award Expert
Competitive Marksmanship Unit
Far East Division Matches

BChappell

''A government resting on the minority is an aristocracy, not a Republic, and could not be safe with a numerical and physical force against it, without a standing army, an enslaved press and a disarmed populace.''
— James Madison, The Federalist Papers (No. 46).

jdub229r

Jdub229r - Midland NC - Total of (3) AS - 2 Saturday only AS @ Midcarolina in Gaston SC in 2009 & One full weekend Ramseur Nov 2010. Concord sounds great. Looking forward to the IceMan shoot Feb 19th at the home range!

montveil

Just found Appleseed-- Interested in attending a meet in spring
I own 17, 22 mag, 223 Handi singles and 10-22. All with scopes--old eyes
Probably will not be very competitive in rapid fire. Guess I believe one shot should do it.
US Army trained in M1, M1 carbine, M14, back in dark ages when the M14 was new issue
Boone, NC- in the mountains

jdub229r

Montveil -
Good to have you. Bring that 10/22 with 3 or 4 mags, a GI sling, get a solid 25 yard zero before coming to the event with whatever "cheap" ammo (200 rounds a day is a good start) that feeds & functions 100%. After that little bit of gear the rest is easy! I am partial to the crew at Ramseur - wherever you go they are all GTG! Here are a couple artilces that help you decide what to bring, what to expect & why you may want to attend. 

http://www.survivalblog.com/2006/10/what_to_expect_at_an_appleseed.html

http://jewishmarksmanship.blogspot.com/2010/10/appleseed-project-and-jewish.html

Sadman

Hi folks,

I'm in North Raleigh (Wake Forest, NC) area.  I've attended one AS event (actually the first of two days) in the fall of 2010 in North Fay, NC.  That was enough to get me interested.  I promised Stimey at that time that I would be back and I'm planning to attend both days here in NC next month.

I'd like to get more involved and help in the program.  I'm willing to help just about anywhere in NC.  If any of you guys are organizing in Raleigh area (or within a couple of hours) let me know when and where, I'm ready!!!

Cheers,

Patrick

hawkeye

Welcome Sadman, The home range is about an hour away! It doesn't get any better than that. We have a great crew at Ramsuer if I say so myself , lots of love for the program. Come to one of our Appleseeds or home range events and meet the crew, We would be happy to put you to work if your willing. Steve 
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of crap by the clean end." Texas A&M student

Bofa_deez

Bofa_deez here (Real name Jordan)

Chapel Hill, NC

Student, first time was this weekend.
Bofa_deez

UNC Detachment 590 US AFROTC graduating class of 2011
"AIR POWER"

hawkeye

It was great to see you ROTC folks out there this weekend. Are you one of the ones that shot my Garand today? Steve H.

alanjnc

alanjnc
raleigh
IIT assistant the secretary's assistant's secretary
alanjnc

Mac

Mac & Aleksandra
Raleigh (work) & Franklin County (live)
Attendees (1.5 @ Ramseur, attending again in May @ Ramseur)

mac.nc@me.com

Dice

Who is in charge of NC now?

AS coming to Charlotte this weekend and nothing to be heard about this event except on the calender?

NeilR

Come on down.  Are you going to beat your previous score?   ;D  Jimmy and I will be returning and  there will be two other AS instructors.
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson