News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

E. Peoria gun show

Started by Klippefurt, November 10, 2010, 01:02:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klippefurt

Well, another gun show is history! Castle Mountain and Patriot Gal delivered the posters/banners to my house a couple of days early. I got everything set up and operational at the gun show location Friday evening, so we were able to get off to a roaring start first thing Saturday morning. AK, Shooter 30-06, and Missouri Brigade all helped out Saturday, and Missouri Brigade came back for another dose on Sunday. I appreciate the help. I think we had a very successful show again! The E. Peoria show is very productive! We talked to a lot of people, and passed out a lot of literature. One thing of note.........we are definitely getting our name out. Many people stopped by to tell us that they had participated in an Appleseed and had really enjoyed the experience. This goes a long way in convincing other people standing at the table that they need to get to one of our shoots! Next show coming up for me will be Princeton again on the 27th and 28th of this month (Nov). If you would like to help out, contact me at my home number (309 579-2793).

Shooter30-06

AK and I had a very nice time last Saturday at the East Peoria Gun Show.  Let me first thank Klippefurt on the very nice preparations of the Appleseed table.  We did indeed see many of the shooters we had seen at shoots over the last year.  We handed out a bushell of the tri-fold pamphlets which are perfect for a table at a gun show.  I had a countless number of people indicate that they would check out our website and were interested in attending a shoot.  There is one point that I found particularly interesting with regard to the reaction people had to our brief description of the program.  Usually I would describe our course of instruction and then show them the AQT target and describe the qualification positions.  Inevitably, their eyes would light up when we would tell them that scorers of 210 or better would get a Rifleman's patch (usually I would show them AK's).   There is something instinctively intriguing about the challenge of getting the patch.  Every listener was also impressed and pleased that we are including the history presentations during the shoots.  There is apparently near universal agreement that this a subject that the schools are giving insufficient attention.  In summary, I feel we made contact with a large number of people who are interested in our program.
"We cannot insure success but we can deserve it."-John Adams
"Remember, all men would be tyrants if they could."-Daniel Defoe

Garand69

Folks, do you here how much fun that was???

Thanks a ton Folks, your efforts ensure Illinois Appleseeds Future :bow:

Please folks, we have dozens of Gunshows that we miss just because we don't have staffing.... Want to be a help? Want to be a part Team Illinois?  Help us spread the word O0
Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz