News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Veterans...Free Appleseed offer

Started by B9, November 10, 2010, 05:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

B9

For Immediate Release:

The Appleseed Project, an all-volunteer 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to teaching every American our shared heritage and history as well as traditional rifle marksmanship skills, is happy to announce that Veterans will receive free admission from November 11 until December 31, 2010. To sign up, the veteran should go to www.appleseedusa.org and find an event, then use the "Sat & Sun. FREE for All Women, All Youth Under 21yrs, All Active Military, Guard or Reserve" option in eventbrite and then bring their veteran paperwork with them to the event.

Appleseed events are week-end clinics held by the Revolutionary War Veterans Association (RWVA). The RWVA is committed to renewing civic virtue - prioritizing civic responsibility over personal interests and indulgence. We are wholly comprised of volunteers who commit time, resources and passion toward achieving the RWVA mission. As a 501(c)3 organization, we promote civic responsibility through the teaching of colonial history and the American tradition of rifle marksmanship in a safe, non-partisan environment. For more information, go to www.appleseedusa.org
"It's very hard to engineer another countries liberation...people have to liberate themselves. Unfortunately in history, many people get killed..."
Medea Benjamin

Spartan

"With your shield or on it"

VietVet

OUR
FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW!

Wheeler44

For clarification; Will the RWVA refund admission fees to any Veteran that is pre-registered for any shoot that falls between the dates 11-11-2010 and 12-31-2010?

W44
"Appleseed,  putting the second amendment into the hands of American citizens."     -Mrs. Wheeler

"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship instructors on the planet."   -Son of Martha

B9

Quote from: Wheeler44 on November 10, 2010, 12:48:02 PM
For clarification; Will the RWVA refund admission fees to any Veteran that is pre-registered for any shoot that falls between the dates 11-11-2010 and 12-31-2010?

W44

I do not believe that is the intention.
"It's very hard to engineer another countries liberation...people have to liberate themselves. Unfortunately in history, many people get killed..."
Medea Benjamin

Wheeler44

QuoteI do not believe that is the intention.
I didn't think so....But now...How do we answer when asked "Why not?"

W44
"Appleseed,  putting the second amendment into the hands of American citizens."     -Mrs. Wheeler

"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship instructors on the planet."   -Son of Martha

B9

Quote from: Wheeler44 on November 10, 2010, 02:28:59 PM
QuoteI do not believe that is the intention.
I didn't think so....But now...How do we answer when asked "Why not?"

W44

Because the the offer just went into effect?

Medea Benjamin

jmdavis

We could offer a free certificate, but that has the problem of getting the certs out.

"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton Jr

...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
  For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
  Shall be my brother...-Shakespeare, Henry V

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Your body can't go where your mind hasn't been."
- Alex Arrieta 1995 NTI Winner

Earl

^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^
So being a Shoot Boss with two shoots to do before December 31st, and never having ever registered through Evenbrite and printed out a ticket, and being a real veteran of one or two conflicts of the United States during my lifetime = I registered, and have this post and tickets and email in my hands.

Hope the question of Wheeler44 gets answered. But I am going to Moxee, with my M1 and my Stevens target rifle to SHOOT! with Appleseed. :bow: Thank you, thank you, thank you.   Earl, veteran of Vietnam and Operation Desert Storm, into Iraq with the French Light Armored Division!
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

jmdavis

Earl,

Did you use that Steven's on the Jr. High team? That would be real Nostalgia.

I hope that you have fun.

Mike

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."

Earl

Nope, I bought the Stevens at a farm auction when I returned from Vietnam, I was building my arsenal. ::)
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

B9

The NY board is not the place to hash out policy. Perhaps those that made the provision for Veterans see this and can clarify. IMHO the offer is in effect as of today and is not retroactive. That is not to say veterans don't deserve a special deal (and they are getting one) but I see this as a coupon that has a start and end date. Lets not take a good offer and ask for more until the persons offering it wish they never did.
Medea Benjamin

jmdavis

Quote from: B9 on November 10, 2010, 04:08:07 PM
The NY board is not the place to hash out policy. Perhaps those that made the provision for Veterans see this and can clarify. IMHO the offer is in effect as of today and is not retroactive. That is not to say veterans don't deserve a special deal (and they are getting one) but I see this as a coupon that has a start and end date. Lets not take a good offer and ask for more until the persons offering it wish they never did.

B9,

I don't think that there is any asking for more. If a veteran signed up and prepaid for an event that will take place on Nov 13-14 and then we make the event that weekend free to veterans, how should he/she feel? How about someone that signed up for an event months in advance?

The devil is always in the details. He always will be. 

Wheeler44

QuoteThe NY board is not the place to hash out policy.
Sorry, It's just the first place that I saw the announcement.
QuotePerhaps those that made the provision for Veterans see this and can clarify.
I hope so. I see some crotchety old Veterans are already makin' noise (You and all instructors shoot free already Earl)
QuoteLets not take a good offer and ask for more until the persons offering it wish they never did.
That was not my intention at all....I am sure that I will be asked about it this weekend and next weekend and I would like an "official" answer....Nothing more and sorry to dampen any enthusiasm this thread was meant to generate.

W44

Chris_H

In regards to anyone pre-registering for a shoot after today, I would think that the need to ask for a refund would be unnecessary provided they simply pre-register per the directions in the announcement.

It shouldn't be a problem for any veterans who had previously pre-registered & paid for a shoot between these dates, to get a refund - the process is likely as simple as following the existing refund policy.

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=5570.0

Quote"If you are at a shoot and a Lady [veteran/mil/etc.] comes up to you and says, "I paid and I found out that women [veterans/mil/etc.] shoot for free" How do you respond?

You should have responded.  Well, you'll need to contact our online registration admin person at info@appleseedinfo.org and she'll help you out."

RifleWoman may want verification, so I suspect that the SB could simply let her know that the person in question did indeed bring their vet paperwork to the shoot. If that doesn't/didn't happen, then I think it would be her call on what kind of verification would be needed.

Chris